Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

I am curious about what all  of you think of Lenox Village.  When i moved here I tried buying a house there and it was purchased before I could get an offer written.  This happened twice.  I bought elsewhere.  Now Lenox Village has it's own signs like Cane Ridge.  It has a pretty good vibe going on there.  Surprising number of restaurants and stores along the front of the 3 or 4 story apartments or condos.  Rows of Townhouses and single family homes.  They are presently building more on the empty lots that front Nolensville Road. Construction had stopped or slowed during the recession.  I would consider this development a success.  The grocery store lot that was in the original plan never happened. That would have been nice.  When i was looking 10 years  ago I was pretty skeptical about there grand plans, but they managed to do what they said they were going to do. And it seems to be working.  Maybe there are other developments with similar amenities, but I have not seen them.  Do any of you live there?  Thoughts?

I don't live there, however the only drawback about living there in my book is the traffic hell that is Nolensville road. Lennox is an urban development in a suburban area with a lot of decent density.

Now as far as Nolensville Rd goes, there are plans to widen it, but I am unsure of the timeline.

It looks like a great project from what I have seen.

I don't live there, however the only drawback about living there in my book is the traffic hell that is Nolensville road. Lennox is an urban development in a suburban area with a lot of decent density.

Now as far as Nolensville Rd goes, there are plans to widen it, but I am unsure of the timeline.

It looks like a great project from what I have seen.

Beginning 2017. Metro buying land now.

• Like 1

I am curious about what all  of you think of Lenox Village.  When i moved here I tried buying a house there and it was purchased before I could get an offer written.  This happened twice.  I bought elsewhere.  Now Lenox Village has it's own signs like Cane Ridge.  It has a pretty good vibe going on there.  Surprising number of restaurants and stores along the front of the 3 or 4 story apartments or condos.  Rows of Townhouses and single family homes.  They are presently building more on the empty lots that front Nolensville Road. Construction had stopped or slowed during the recession.  I would consider this development a success.  The grocery store lot that was in the original plan never happened. That would have been nice.  When i was looking 10 years  ago I was pretty skeptical about there grand plans, but they managed to do what they said they were going to do. And it seems to be working.  Maybe there are other developments with similar amenities, but I have not seen them.  Do any of you live there?  Thoughts?

I live about a half mile from Lenox, and have to say that I am quite pleased with it.  Granted there is a load of traffic on Nolensville, but there always has been, and the grocery never happened, but there are appx 5 grocery stores within a five minute drive from there.  Actually just noticed the other day that there is a nice metro park that's ideal for walking dogs adjacent to the development.  I frequent the sports bar and other eateries there, and know quite a few people who live in Lenox, and never heard a negative about it from them.  For convenience, I find myself going there much more often than 12 south, east Nashville and other areas I used to go to.  I second the notion about transit, and wished Dean's BRT plan had included nolensville rd.

Seems like we may be seeing the beginnings of a resurgence of the Hickory Hollow Area. I may be jumping the gun, but it would be great news if we see a new boom in that area. However, I believe there needs to be just as much demolition as there is construction to make it a really vibrant area.

• Like 1

And in the article the Knowledge Academy (do not know what that is) is taking the space that had Best Buy and Office Max.  i am beginning to think the area is reviving.  It will be a different place than Hickory Hollow.  Jobs and service type places to serve the working community.  I am glad that we didn't go the Charlotte NC route and simply demolish everything (Eastland Mall).  More thought is being used here to see if we can duplicate the success of "100 Oaks", I think it can work here. 

• 3 weeks later...

That would be amazing. I love having places in walking distance.

Just got the letter in the mail.

2nd Ave S and Hart Street. .76 acres. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1422949,-86.7617809,185m/data=!3m1!1e3

A request to rezone from IWD to MUL- A zoning

MUL-A 

"MUL, Mixed-Use Limited District and MUL-A, Mixed-Use Limited District Alternative. The MUL and MUL-A districts are intended to implement the moderate intensity mixed-use policies of the general plan. These districts also may be used in areas policied for concentrations of mixed commercial uses and for existing areas of commercial arterial development that are located in the vicinity of major intersections. The bulk standards permitted by this district, along with the range of allowable uses, are designed to promote the preservation and adaptive reuse of larger structures that contribute to the historical or architectural character of an area. These districts should be applied to areas that have good access to collector or arterial streets and public transportation service. MUL-A is designed to create walkable neighborhoods through the use of appropriate building placement and bulk standards and is an alternative to a zoning district that requires a site plan"

Edited by PaulChinetti

That would be amazing. I love having places in walking distance.

Just got the letter in the mail.

2nd Ave S and Hart Street. .76 acres. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1422949,-86.7617809,185m/data=!3m1!1e3

A request to rezone from IWD to MUL- A zoning

MUL-A 

"MUL, Mixed-Use Limited District and MUL-A, Mixed-Use Limited District Alternative. The MUL and MUL-A districts are intended to implement the moderate intensity mixed-use policies of the general plan. These districts also may be used in areas policied for concentrations of mixed commercial uses and for existing areas of commercial arterial development that are located in the vicinity of major intersections. The bulk standards permitted by this district, along with the range of allowable uses, are designed to promote the preservation and adaptive reuse of larger structures that contribute to the historical or architectural character of an area. These districts should be applied to areas that have good access to collector or arterial streets and public transportation service. MUL-A is designed to create walkable neighborhoods through the use of appropriate building placement and bulk standards and is an alternative to a zoning district that requires a site plan"

Welcome, Paul. I have not noticed you before, on this particular sub-forum of threads.

-==-

Antioch vying to get a Costco in the old Target site as part of phase one of the Oldacre McDonald development. There's also a petition to sign to get it going (not that they get a lot of actual movement, but whatever).

http://www.antiochtenn.com/14127/128208/a/antioch-in-the-hunt-for-a-costco-remodeling-of-old-target-to-begin

• Like 1

Here are the images for the Core project in WeHo. Six10 Merritt which is part of a larger project called the Finery.

This is the first phase. Count on a five year build out.

This portion will be on the corner of Merritt and Martin across the street from Corsair Distillery.

This is the first 26 units of which 16 are sold. August groundbreaking and Smith Gee is the architect.

The entire project build out can be up to 490 units.

boJTZjH.png

dK0TTK0.jpg

• Like 4