Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

19 hours ago, geoephemera said:

Received a yellow card for 310 & 312 Donelson Pike the other day for an SP with around 40 units. I am here for it. Donelson Pike seems like such an easy win to build around existing rail near a new library with more amenities coming around Donelson Station.

Now, if we can connect a new Donelson Pike Connector from Donelson Station at the Music City Star & Route 6 down Donelson Pike to Route 18, BNA, Route 55, & Route 52 B at Ezell Pike, we could leverage an increase in homes by connecting transit to jobs at and around the airport--hotels, business parks, industrial parks, airlines, metro jobs, etc. I am hoping to see this idea about a Donelson Pike Connector giving Wilson County riders more opportunity to leave the car at home by taking the Music City Star to Donelson Station then connect using the Donelson Pike Connector.

For now, this proposed development will have Sweet Milk, Cheba Hut, & Salerno Italia across the street & the food truck popup at McCampbell near JVI Secret Gardens & . So let's start small: Add traffic signals to Emery Drive for E-W pedestrians to cross the stroad.

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 2.58.15 PM.png

71261363_ScreenShot2023-12-18at2_55_53PM.png

1401816420_ScreenShot2023-12-18at2_55_07PM.png

Saw this too on the map and am all for it. Two lots across the street were looking to increase density as well but looks that that application was withdrawn? I know there is lots of griping on the neighborhood facebook group about the neighborhood changing, but Donelson Pike is a good place for increased density and development and Emery is a testament to that. That place is always busy even with only the one restaurant open. 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:09 PM, geoephemera said:

Received a yellow card for 310 & 312 Donelson Pike the other day for an SP with around 40 units. I am here for it. Donelson Pike seems like such an easy win to build around existing rail near a new library with more amenities coming around Donelson Station.

Now, if we can connect a new Donelson Pike Connector from Donelson Station at the Music City Star & Route 6 down Donelson Pike to Route 18, BNA, Route 55, & Route 52 B at Ezell Pike, we could leverage an increase in homes by connecting transit to jobs at and around the airport--hotels, business parks, industrial parks, airlines, metro jobs, etc. I am hoping to see this idea about a Donelson Pike Connector giving Wilson County riders more opportunity to leave the car at home by taking the Music City Star to Donelson Station then connect using the Donelson Pike Connector.

For now, this proposed development will have Sweet Milk, Cheba Hut, & Salerno Italia across the street & the food truck popup at McCampbell near JVI Secret Gardens & . So let's start small: Add traffic signals to Emery Drive for E-W pedestrians to cross the stroad.

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 2.58.15 PM.png

71261363_ScreenShot2023-12-18at2_55_53PM.png

1401816420_ScreenShot2023-12-18at2_55_07PM.png

All that I want for Christmas is..to see Donelson Pike glowing up @smeagolsfree dev map.

I looked at the plans for the SP from epermits at 310 & 312.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:48 AM, macdougall said:

Just happy that they are saving the beautiful neon sign that was there. 

So glad! Priceless landmarking at this point! I really hope they'll incorporate the Donelson Station greenway & continue that greenway across Donelson Pike at the edge of the property. Even if it dead ends at the self-storage units, it'll build a beachhead to keep extending greenways--& let's dream bigger, maybe the property values grow enough to do the unthinkable: sell the self-storage for a teardown & build more walkable, rollable transit oriented design (TOD).

And I hope we take take a Memphis approach to armoring up stroad crossings like the Shelby Farms Greenline does throughout High Point Terrace. Only better b/c unlike Graham in Memphis off of Sam Cooper, we have a commuter rail station at a growing multimodal transit center in the Downtown Donelson UDO 2 miles north of BNA at intersection Donelson & Lebanon Pike.

Screenshot_20231222_164941_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_164733_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_173621_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_173154_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_173235_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_175012_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_174857_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, geoephemera said:

All that I want for Christmas is..to see Donelson Pike glowing up @smeagolsfree dev map.

I looked at the plans for the SP from epermits at 310 & 312.

I will get it on the map soon. Still have lots of work to go but added it to the list and thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will send to WW at the Post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

600 Stewarts Ferry (4 stories, 318 units) update.

Looking SW from I-40 ramp at Stewarts Ferry Pike:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Dec 16, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from Stewarts Ferry Pike,  1/2 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Dec 16, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Stewarts Ferry Pike,  1/2 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Dec 16, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from Stewarts Ferry Pike,  1/4 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Dec 16, 2023, 4.jpeg

• Like 3

I've never been inside a Sprouts; so I don't know if this is good or bad, but a new one is going into Rivergate at Shoppes of Rivergate. From NBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/01/03/sprouts-farmers-market-expands-local-fooprint.html 

A popular organic grocery store is sprouting up another Nashville-area location. Phoenix-based Sprouts Farmers Market is opening a store in Madison, according to local real estate firm Highland Capital. The specialty grocery store is planning a 25,715-square-foot space in the Shoppes at Rivergate, located at 2156 Gallatin Pike N. Sprouts Farmers Market will join department store Gabe's and Ashley Furniture as an anchor tenant in the 172,000-square-foot shopping center.  The new Sprouts is expected to open at the beginning of 2025, according to Highland Capital. This will be the Nashville area’s fifth Sprouts Farmers Market — the store already has locations in Bellevue, Franklin, Murfreesboro and on Nolensville Pike.

I went up to Sumner County with my wife right after Christmas to check on a lot I bought in Gallatin a few years ago. I hadn't been in a couple of years and passed through Rivergate/Madison at night and to my surprise it appeared to be thriving. I've read here and elsewhere it's one of the last places in Davidson where houses are affordable. They could benefit from better traffic management (what is up with that Old Hickory and Gallatin intersection?!). We only went past the mall (I've never been inside), but it surprisingly still has a couple of anchors, Dillards and JCPenney IIRC. I didn't see many vacant buildings (maybe 2 or 3) for the whole 12 miles from Madison all the way into H'ville and never realized the continuous "big box" development all the way into Sumner County, and now what appears to be a giant car dealership under construction just inside the Sumner line. BTW: A few years ago I discovered what is my favorite BBQ joint in Nashville.... Center Point. 

• Like 3