Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

15 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Happy this was revised from the initial imagery. 

Original view overlooking Spring Street

image.thumb.png.e069e38a247bc5db2d1bdfd11668a38a.png

Revised view overlooking Spring Street

image.thumb.png.91dd8fa470e9636cd41f3df071d82357.png

Not that this property is a large contributor to the overall fabric, but having something along this frontage will be nice. In hope the solar panels come back as well, but maybe that was something that needed to be sacrificed in order to get masonry façade. 

And perhaps Metro will clean up the mounds of trash along Spring to Main Street.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chc3 said:

And perhaps Metro will clean up the mounds of trash along Spring to Main Street.

I would have thought that the site would have been mucjh more profitably utilized as a site for a hotel given it's dual proximity to I 24 AND Ellington.  self storage seem a wastes  as are IMO the two over on 3rd and 4h .  At least this one is not as ugly IMO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1201-Gallatin-Ave-Nashville-TN/27771526/

HG Hill has been trying to do a land lease for the last year. If they’re getting new core samples, that tells me the design may have changed from what Sméagols posted above. @Bos2Nash is that accurate?

It could be any number of reasons really. Maybe the design is changing. Maybe they are confirming structural assumptions. Possibly core degradation/report validity. 

It looks like they are in the corner of the property close to Gallatin where the building would sit, so it wouldn't appear they are investigating soils for under the parking lot. It appears in the site plan that Smeags shared that it would be permeable parking surface which needs a proper subsurface.

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Five Points Townhomes (3 stories, 6 units) update: excavation complete.

Looking east from North 11th St., just north of Forrest Ave:

5 Points Townhomes, Sept 24, 2023.jpeg

They finished excavation and then kinda halted things. I've been riding by it alot recently and have seen no activity on it really. The structure directly next door is also for sale, former home to PizzeReal restaurant.

• Like 2

Envision Cayce, Cherry Oaks Apts. (4 stories, 149 units, 2 level garage) update:  exterior nearly complete; 2nd and final level of parking deck finished.

Looking NE from intersection of South 6th St. and Dew St:

Envision Cayce, Cherry Oaks Apts, Sept 24, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from South 6th St., 1/2 block north of Dew St:

Envision Cayce, Cherry Oaks Apts, Sept 24, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from Dew St., 1/2 block east of South 6th St:

Envision Cayce, Cherry Oaks Apts, Sept 24, 2023,3.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Key players and community folks discuss big growth coming to Dickerson Pike in this piece at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/09/29/development-on-dickerson-pike-feels-like-a-powde.html

To be honest this was nothing but a filler article with no news. Unfortunately, we thought Dickerson would have exploded by now with the number of proposed projects on the development map. A few have started but there are many that have not. With interest rates and overbuilding taking its toll right now, I am afraid a lot of these projects may end up just waiting on vacant land for a while. Sugar coat this all you want to right now, but things have slowed down considerably. When the NBJ is reporting on an art fair in WeHo or a fire in the 505 which is not business related it is slow. 

Permits, D Tracker, MDHA, people related content, college and university news, permits applied for, and any of the other construction & development related announcements right now are dead because that is what I look for, for William. When I say it is dead, this is the slowest I have seen it since 2008 except for projects that have already been announced.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

To be honest this was nothing but a filler article with no news. Unfortunately, we thought Dickerson would have exploded by now with the number of proposed projects on the development map. A few have started but there are many that have not. With interest rates and overbuilding taking its toll right now, I am afraid a lot of these projects may end up just waiting on vacant land for a while. Sugar coat this all you want to right now, but things have slowed down considerably. When the NBJ is reporting on an art fair in WeHo or a fire in the 505 which is not business related it is slow. 

Permits, D Tracker, MDHA, people related content, college and university news, permits applied for, and any of the other construction & development related announcements right now are dead because that is what I look for, for William. When I say it is dead, this is the slowest I have seen it since 2008 except for projects that have already been announced.

Not surprising! The Tennessean almost never prints NEWS!

Oops! I didn't realize it's the NBJ! Sorry for being a doofus! I read this and do agree with Smeags! Boiler plate stuff that will be determined by interest rates and the economy in the next couple of years. I stand by my statement above re: Tennessean!  😆

Edited by MLBrumby

Sunnymeade Commons (3 stories, 28 units) update: topped out, and exteriors nearing completion.

Looking NE from Gallatin Pike, 1/4 block north of Norvel Ave:

Sunnymeade, Sept 30, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Gallatin Pike and Sunnymeade Dr:

Sunnymeade, Sept 30, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Sunnymeade Drive, just east of Gallatin Pike:

Sunnymeade, Sept 30, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from Sunnymeade Drive, 1/8 block east of Gallatin Pike:

Sunnymeade, Sept 30, 2023, 4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Taylor will be 90 three story townhomes and one carriage home on 8.9 acres at 115-121 Hart Lane by Legacy South Developers. The development will also feature a pool and community clubhouse and 263 parking spaces. No rendering yet, but a diagram is available.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/10/02/legacy-south-taylor-townhomes-dickerson-pike.html

Taylor, Oct 2, 2023, site diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

812383714_TaylorOct22023sitemap.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1401-1425 Gallatin (4 stories, 292 units) update:  tree removal underway; perhaps a bit of excavation starting.

Looking SW from Gallatin Pike,  just south of Edgemeade Blvd:

1401-1425 Gallatin, Sept 30, 2023.jpeg

Are you sure about the address?  That would be right across from the old auto diesel school. Doesn't look right.