Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Haven't heard anything. But I stopped going there a while back when (free) parking became diabolically difficult. I have friends who felt the same. A victim of EN's success, IMHO. 

Thanks. Yeah….that one is close enough for use to walk….but parking did become more difficult once Snooze opened. 

• Like 1

604 Main St. is seeing the car wash structure being demolished. The owner is Salah Jamal Ayesh, who is affiliated with Car of Nashville, a used-car business. The demolition job expected to cost about $22,000. Music City Electrical Engineering is handling the work. The car wash closed after the March 2020 tornado.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-image-created-for-planned-gulch-tower/article_43b21ef4-cb8b-11ee-9f7f-0f4f008947ed.html

Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.18.43 AM.png

• Thanks 1

605 Stewarts Ferry Pike will be a 22.31 acre mixed-use development featuring  commercial building and multi-family buildings (unknown size and amount of units).  Most of the acreage is undeveloped, but there was once a church on the property. Oldacre McDonald, the folks behind Century Farms, will be the developers. Barge Design Solutions will oversee engineering and land planning.  Word is that this will be similar to The Percy, a mixed-use project located across Stewarts Ferry Pike.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/century-farms-developer-eyes-mixed-use-project/article_fc2bdda2-cc2c-11ee-bd4e-63c56e92923f.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/02/15/oldacre-mcdonald-22-acre-airport-area-development.html

605 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Feb 15, 2024,  site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

605 Stewarts Ferry Pike will be a 22.31 acre mixed-use development featuring  commercial building and multi-family buildings (unknown size and amount of units).  Most of the acreage is undeveloped, but there was once a church on the property. Oldacre McDonald, the folks behind Century Farms, will be the developers. Barge Design Solutions will oversee engineering and land planning.  Word is that this will be similar to The Percy, a mixed-use project located across Stewarts Ferry Pike.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/century-farms-developer-eyes-mixed-use-project/article_fc2bdda2-cc2c-11ee-bd4e-63c56e92923f.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/02/15/oldacre-mcdonald-22-acre-airport-area-development.html

605 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Feb 15, 2024,  site map.png

Barge Design has renderings and they're linked in a slideshow via NBJ

Stewarts Landing(1)

11 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Barge Design has renderings and they're linked in a slideshow via NBJ

Stewarts Landing(1)

Yeah....when I visited the developer's plan documents that were presented to Metro, they showed various "samples" of what the development might look like taken from other projects, like the one shown here. Since they weren't actual designs for this particular project (none have been presented yet), I decided not to post them.  

• Like 3

Actually, these are not renderings but representative images of what the project may look like. That is why William did not run them at the Post. The hotel may or may not happen according to the folks at Oldacre.

This is what you call not doing your job in the business and can get you in trouble with the developer down the road.

• Like 1

All I will say is, we will see based on all I have seen from the developers track record so far. All we have seen so far is a couple of small-time projects and a lot of big ideas with nothing concrete! Still waiting on Storyville Gardens and that is a dream the Guerrier's do not seem to be letting go of despite all of the setbacks they have encountered.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Coverage of the 110 Grizzard proposed project (6 & 7 stories, 599 units, internal garage) by Guerrier Development mentioned several posts above by BeaveStirs. The proerty still needs to be purchased from Fred Hahn.  No timeline on that or start date. Paradym Studio will be the architect.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/west-trinity-project-could-offer-mixed-use-buildings/article_c972c190-d038-11ee-ba57-63aa7f259264.html

110 Grizzard, Feb 21, 2024, render 1.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in blue at the center of the frame:

110 Grizzard, Feb 21, 2024, site map.png

I wish them well.  I want to see them get a strong win with this project.  But that area...  are there other announced developments coming to that area or are they counting on their development being the kick starter for other developers to come in and further develop the area?  It may be a hard sell to get buyers/renters for a development surrounded by trailers parks, truck stops, auto salvage lot (i.e. junk yard)....  I just wonder if the other side of I-24/65 would be a better option given that it is undergoing redevelopment already.  But, I guess someone has to be the first on the east side of the interstate along Trinity Lane.

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 2

201 N 11th Street Townhome project is moving right along. The foundation work appears complete and they are wrapping up rebar for the slab on grade to be poured. Cannot recall if the revised site layout was shared for this one, but the units will no longer have dedicated garage parking and will be a small parking area at the back of the parcel (alley access). 

ForestStreetSiteLayout.thumb.png.249ca9d8f9f2593ad300ebf531eab6b1.png

View looking north across Forest Street.

IMG_8351.thumb.JPEG.eefa6fca3db225c4f11d72157db0630e.JPEG

From the alley. The first wall you see is the beginning of the structure, the bobcat is in the future parking area

IMG_8352.thumb.JPEG.917bb33f92795fc105a7d5b65d1f101f.JPEG

Standing on the adjacent property. The walkway to the unit will be tight to the retaining wall.

IMG_8353.thumb.JPEG.4dce875c0412d843c2262ff31d57e429.JPEG

In other news.... 949 Main Street (STR/Hotel, 6 stories/ 82 units) appears to be on long term hold. There is still a shell permit application open for the project (they have received addressing from the Fire Marshal's office), but many other permits have expired. I was also walking by the site the other day and they were unloading a large amount of equipment on to the site. The flagger for the crew unloading told me that they were unloading equipment for a water main replacement. He wasn't sure which one, but it seems a bit early for the Gallatin/Main street project but who knows. 

IMG_8343.thumb.jpeg.b9b55c0bf6c570e4ff5bd7573b193de1.jpeg

Here is a rendering for the proposed project.

5AHUGKgowzorO4rOF0k__tp7X35X2MDlHVbbjv34nEMuJ3Txfmsh9rwx7VtT3kq7cm_HPrJRohOaw13xljvh4Djzpq1CLSnkkRjEDQ9nq9JNcgiDE-_DsKsBO0pup2xbk9spyNj8mcNMwdg2UecMcyoasUtpHBsIouiATYPGl9gKr8jLPCQZ2OZ83V5oXHLgi?session=0&fife=s16383

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1