Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

13 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have no reference point as to where this is Mark. I do not know the address or what side of the street it is on, so I am unable to put it on the map.

On the north side of Hart Lane, just east of Skyline Flats/103 Hart Lane---so perhaps 105 Hart Lane?

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

On the north side of Hart Lane, just east of Skyline Flats/103 Hart Lane---so perhaps 105 Hart Lane?

HOMES AT 105 HART LN

6 UNITS

735c68a7-6610-4886-a4a2-a77718b6337e_CA-Permits-20171101_18412540_1 (nashville.gov)

58251c7f-f0cc-4780-b8aa-807beec73604_CA-Permits-20171101_18709399_1 (nashville.gov)

• Like 3

301 Ben Allen (4 tories, 245 units) will now be known as Highland East according to signage at site. Update on construction: foundations appearing across site.

Looking NE from Ben Allen Rd., 1/3 block east of Hillsdale Rd:

301 Ben Allen, Feb 17, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from Ben Allen Rd., 1/2 block east of Hillsdale Rd:

301 Ben Allen, Feb 17, 2024, 2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Photo

I don't know if this has been posted, my apologies if it has.  Last October I stayed at the Hotel Preston and I was told by both a manager and bartender/manager that Marriott is planning a full renovation of the property to begin sometime in 2024 or early 2025.  It may include exterior changes as well.  They haven't been told if the hotel will close during the renovations.  All they seem to know is that everything from the lobby to the bar area, elevators and every guest room will be renovated.

I will say this from my stay there, the room I was in was a corner room that was very spacious with a lot of wasted space in the entrance area of the room.  The bathroom however was small, dark and could use a refresh for sure.  While the furnishings in the room  were nice, the actual built-ins were a bit worn.  There was an area that was basically a dry bar that should have been a wet bar with a built in microwave and a stocked refrigerator with snacks and beverages (the in-room refrigerator was in a piece furniture that the tv sat on and had a desk at the other end).  The only microwave on the floor was in a space next to the vending machines sitting on what appeared to be an old tv stand.  The elevators had to be reset several times while I was there, so they really need to be replaced.  The lobby is small and poorly laid out and not very welcoming.  The property has good bones and I can see why Marriott took it over.  I just hope that the renovation will go beyond cosmetic stuff.  

• Like 1

The Due West Towers portion of the former Nashville Memorial Hospital site owned by Charles Jones is being offered for sale at $11 million.   Located at 612 !. Due West Ave., the towers sit on an 8.75 acre section, and ofer 7 storeis each with 230,000 total sq. ft. of Class C office space.  They are both currently empty. 

A mixed-use development remains planned for an adjacent 18-acre property Jones sold to Forbes Plunkett and Core Development in early 2022 for $7 million. The locally based companies hope to break ground by year's end on a project that will include 300 apartment units in several buildings, which collectively will over 10,000 square feet of retail on their first floors. In addition, Forbes Plunkett and Core envision buildings on the site and that could accommodate restaurants.  The building once home to the aforementioned Nashville Memorial Hospital will need to be demolished.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/madison-site-adjacent-to-ex-hospital-listed-for-11m/article_d15a1e00-db3f-11ee-876a-77b2f7adfea6.html

Due West Towers, March 6, 2024, site.png

Due West Towers, March 6, 2024, site aerial.png

• Like 3