Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I think they are a day late and a dollar short as far as getting what they want for the property. They have probably missed the market high about January thru June of last year. The marketing materials the NBJ was talking about seems to have disappeared as they are not on The Stream Realty site that I could find. It sort of makes since now as I now know who Fifth Generation Property Company is.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, gannman said:

I like that they ate putting the tallest portion in the corner next to the 2222 building. That building has always seemed  out of place, but this should help it fit in more.

If that building was ground level, one more story. and came to the edge of the sidewalk with the patio it would have been perfect! So almost, ha.

• Like 3

Looks like the Dialysis Clinic is finally selling their land in midtown. Literally two full city blocks - 7.5 acres. Hopefully this can end up as another megaproject like the Reed District or Nashville Yards.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/07/midtown-dialysis-clinic-land-for-sale.html

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Can’t express my love for this project enough. The internal plaza, the street activation, the density, and the fact the garage is underground. So well done and will really transform 12South! Now that there’s fencing up, have they broken ground?

The church and non-historic houses were cleared last spring, and there was some core drilling about 6 months ago.  But no excavation yet.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Former house/commercial structure on South St., 1/2 block east of 14th Ave. South has been razed. Will be interesting to see what is going on this approximately 1/2 acre site.

South Street site, Feb 5, 2023.jpeg

If that was the structure next to the parking lot, then a four residential unit building is planned. I think the address is 1306 South.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2023 at 4:52 AM, markhollin said:

The church and non-historic houses were cleared last spring, and there was some core drilling about 6 months ago.  But no excavation yet.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:57 AM, UrbanWes03 said:

Can’t express my love for this project enough. The internal plaza, the street activation, the density, and the fact the garage is underground. So well done and will really transform 12South! Now that there’s fencing up, have they broken ground?

This one has been sitting in Metro's hands for awhile. They are severely backed up via lack of staff. According to ePermits, Stormwater/Grading permit has gone through a couple rounds of comments, Foundation has been applied for and a Master Permit for vertical construction has been applied for.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Here's a rendering that I don't believe has been posted on this thread for 1425 4th Ave. South (6 stories, 131 units, ground level retail, internal garage) to be developed by CA South:

1425 4th Ave South, Feb 10, 2023, render.png

Robert noted this is an old rendering, and it is from Centric. The architect has changed as well and that was in his post too and on the map. The other rendering on the CNN post was run and I took that one off the map but added this one just for context. Hopefully there will be a new rendering from Comma Design for this project soon. They are the ones that did the Rome or rather the  Artist Lofts in Germantown.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

3 story apartment, no

3 story tall skinnies, yes

And what’s the mentality with that? Tall Skinnies = rich, well educated, professionals and apartments = low income, transient types. Some people can’t afford or desire anything but apartment living, are you saying they aren’t welcomed? There’s some apartments that are both more lavish and expensive then many SFH . But it’s a mindset, that apartments equals trouble. 
it’s like everyone wants to see affordable housing, but not in their neighborhoods. 

• Like 1

Part of the problem/fear with apartments is that currently most (not all) end up as STRs, especially in 12South, and most folks don't like those. Parking is also a problem with density. We shouldn't be dependent on cars, but we are, and you need 2 spaces for each dwelling, no matter how small.  If you could fit 8 condos on the site, which you could,  realistically you need also space for 16 cars. Yes, they should ride the bus or bike everywhere, but they won't.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3