Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Exit:In damage, Jan 10, 2023, 6.png

From the looks of it, it was already rough, I doubt the vandals left 50 years of grim on the floor. 

AJ Capital has done everything they've promised to do so far on all their projects (unless I'm mistaken) so I'll take them at their word that they will restore it. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Did the Cobb’s own the building? I’m at a memory lost as to this deal, but if they were the owners and reaped in 6.45 million and did/let this happen then shame on them! I believe AJ Capital will do as they say, but this is a sad shame whoever is responsible.

The Cobbs leased the building for 18 years.  Even though Exit/In has been in existence for 5 decades, the Cobbs claim they own the rights to everything. They continually generated inaccurate press about AJ Capital's intentions, right up through the last concerts they staged in November.  The Cobbs' lease ran until Dec. 31st. When AJ Capital was able to finally get in to see the property on Jan. 2nd, this is what they found. Gutted, wiring sabotaged, other infrastructure ripped up.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Thanks Mark, for that insight. I definitely don’t know anyone involved and don’t want to point fingers without proof or merit, but it kinda “feels” like it’s a inside job. I’m not a native, been here only 16 years but I know of the importance of this establishment. It’s a sad situation all around, for the patrons and the history, as well as what has now transpired. Hope it all works out, and after all is said and done, the music and the memories live on! 

• Like 3

Chestnut Flats is now the name of the affordable housing project underway at 101 Factory St. near Travecca Univ.  It will be 2-4 stories with 204 units. A couple new renderings have been released.

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2023/01/01/affordable-attainable-housing-developments-in-the-nashville-pipeline/

Chestnut Flats, Jan 1, 2023, render 1.png

Chestnut Flats, Jan 1, 2023, render 2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2803 12th Ave. South (2 stories,  23,000 sq. ft. of commercial/office space) update: steel superstructure almost fully erect; pillars rising for parking garage in back.

Looking NW from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Paris Ave:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Dallas Ave:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Dallas Ave., 1/8 block west of 12th Ave. South:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 3.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/17/2023 at 4:44 AM, markhollin said:

2803 12th Ave. South (2 stories,  23,000 sq. ft. of commercial/office space) update: steel superstructure almost fully erect; pillars rising for parking garage in back.

Looking NW from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Paris Ave:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Dallas Ave:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Dallas Ave., 1/8 block west of 12th Ave. South:

2803 12th Ave South, Jan 15, 2023, 3.jpeg

I'm stunned, but drawings for the first tenant in this building are on epermits. "Jenni Kayne" "California inspired wardrobe and home decor..."

• Like 2