BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

On 5/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, Binbin98 said:

I stayed at a Hilton Conrad hotel in Hong Kong once with my dad and it was of amazing quality. Nashville’s luxury hotels collection really is beginning to blossom: Westin, Omni, JW Marriott, The Hermitage, Thompson, The Joseph Luxury collection, W Hotel, Grand Hyatt, Four seasons and now Conrad. Wouldn’t even be surprised to see more come online due to all the projects with hotel components planned. There finally a positive comment from me about Nashville.

Westin Hotels are almost always never classified as luxury properties.  They are generally nice, but definitely not true luxury hotels. The Nashville Westin is a newish convention-focused property, but not a luxury hotel. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, smeagolsfree said:

With the bridge that ends halfway across the river and that will be the end of the scooter problem. I guess we are saying the same thing.... haha

It's like you're reading my mind  :whistling:

28 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Well damn, I missed this completely, my buddy said they had started, I had written this off as just never happening. I'm way behind now! 

Losing a downtown lake, so sad. jk jk :rofl:

Dude. Over a year late, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, titanhog said:

image-2.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, Jamie Hall said:

and leave the Orbison building alone as long as possible.

In stone above the front door it reads "E. M. Bond Fire Storage" or something like that.  Can anyone tell me where to find the history of this building?  Mr. Bond may be a distant relative!

• Like 1

With so much development going on around the dealership lots, the lots don't have as much of a developmental black hole impact like they once did.  I always thought the lots would need to be sold to spark development in that area of the city, but the inverse has happened.  If Beamen is holding out to completely maximize the value of his property, he's done an incredible job! (I don't think that is why he hasn't sold).  When and if his lots get sold and developed, that will be the missing piece that completely connects Downtown/Midtown/Gulch for a massive stretching skyline.  We all can dream, right?

• Like 2