Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

Check out these photos. Thanks, Aaron. I think the building looks incredible. Now tell me, everybody, you think this building is less than what you hoped for. This is far better than what I thought a few months back.

Considering the monstrosity that was depicted in the original renderings, this is far better that I had imagined it would be. It's also more massive then I thought it would be. My only gripe, I wish they had stuck with the glass balconies. Also, I wish they had gone with a different roof treatment. It just looks too plain in the daylight, even though it looks awesome at night.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Westin will feature a Mediterranean restaurant named Taza.

That identity will be a Mediterranean-splashed, 80-seat restaurant called Taza. The menu, while regional, will have Spanish, French, Italian and North African inflections. Land likens its look to Citronelle in Washington, D.C., with a glass wall dividing dining room from kitchen. A tony bar in an atrium-type area flows into the lobby. Spanish for cup and the name of a Moroccan city, Taza also connotes goodwill and hope.

Nice find! Can't wait to go there, but I can definitely wait if the prices are anything more than 1/6 of those at the place they compared it to in DC... www.citronelledc.com click on reservations, and then read... a reservation there starts at $285 per person for food and wine!!

Man, I wish this pic was more defined. Passing by the Westin tonight I was astounded. Looks like they have finally finished the lighting and it looks fantastic. The base of the spire is very brightly lit with floodlights and the roof is lit with dimmer lights and it all combines to create a great effect. It almost looks like a stationary searchlight is shining right out of the top of the Westin.

post-769-1195086038_thumb.jpg

Archived