Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

Has anyone else seen their productivity go down since about 6:00 pm last night? All of this news at once (mostly The Peacock announcement) has had me glued to UP even more than usual. Who is with me? :lol:

Guilty...to an extent....and then....I find that I got up EARLY :shok: this morning to get work done so I could check in on U.P. throughout the work day today to see if there were any new developments on the new development.

Guilty...to an extent....and then....I find that I got up EARLY :shok: this morning to get work done so I could check in on U.P. throughout the work day today to see if there were any new developments on the new development.

I recall seeing that a few of your posts were made as the roosters crowed this morning! :lol: I hope it has been a productive day!

Has anyone else seen their productivity go down since about 6:00 pm last night? All of this news at once (mostly The Peacock announcement) has had me glued to UP even more than usual. Who is with me?

I only have a computer at work and I am on job sites a lot so I was unable to check the UP for 24 hours. What a cool surprise to see the Peacock construction thread (this has to be the record for the quickest start for a construction thread) and finally some thing that is really going to get built! :yahoo:

So I mssed all the action. :(

Does anybody know what's going on with the street lights around The Peace Center, they've been working all week on taking down lights and cutting away brick and concrete....just curious....

I was wondering the exact same thing. There is orange construction fencing around them too or at least there was a couple days ago. On a side note, has anybody else noticed the Camperdown, Pinnacle, and now the Peacock all will compliment each other very nicely? Each one has terra-cotta coloring and lots of glass. :thumbsup:

I was wondering the exact same thing. There is orange construction fencing around them too or at least there was a couple days ago. On a side note, has anybody else noticed the Camperdown, Pinnacle, and now the Peacock all will compliment each other very nicely? Each one has terra-cotta coloring and lots of glass. :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing g-man. The Camperdown and Peacock do bear a resemblance to each other. :thumbsup:

With McBee Station being built, the Church Street bridge comes to mind... What could be done to make it more attractive? Well, Elliott Davis has done a nice job incorporating their parking area along with landscaping and a seating area with a fountain under the bridge. I'd like to see the SunTrust Parking lot developed but with the entrances facing Church Street. So that a pedestrian walkway with landscaping, water features, and seating could connect the buildings. It could be it's own funky entertainment area. It'd be a great addition to compliment McBee Station and create more foot traffic off Main and down McBee and then onto a pedestrian Mall (sort of, but under the bridge)...

I was just thinking about something they should do here in Greenville that I saw them doing in Sacramento, California. In Sacramento they are building two 54-story buildings and during groundbreaking they had a two strings in the air with a red balloon on top distinguishing where the final height of the building would be and blue balloons hanging below it for every floor. They should definitely do this when Greenville gets a new city or state's tallest. Here is the pic of what i'm talking about: thetowers4720040001copytk5.jpg

Edited by g-man430

I was just thinking about something they should do here in Greenville that I saw them doing in Sacramento, California. In Sacramento they are building two 54-story buildings and during groundbreaking they had a two strings in the air with a red balloon on top distinguishing where the final height of the building would be and blue balloons hanging below it for every floor. They should definitely do this when Greenville gets a new city or state's tallest. Here is the pic of what i'm talking about: thetowers4720040001copytk5.jpg

Hey that is a really cool idea! I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

I did not listen to it unfortunately, but it does sound like it gave Greenville some more of that good national exposure. :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to email Bob Ellis again and seeing if he'll take up that balloon idea.

Edited by g-man430

Its a great program! I am currently involved with this program. Dr. Farris is not as involved with City Planning as he used to be, as he is now heading up the new MRED program, but he is still around some. Dr. London is now head of the MCRP program now. All of the faculty there are very supportive, and any of them would be glad to talk to you about it. I'd be glad to tell you more about it if you want. I just need an email address. You can also send it to me via the "Send an Email" function by clicking here.

I don't have the required 10 posts yet to be able to send you an email, but I'll do that as soon as I can. Thanks for the information.

It's awfully quiet in here today. Hey g-man, did school start back for you already or are you just on vacation today?

Edit: Oh snap. I was just checking out his profile to see the last time he logged in and I see that he is now persona non grata: "Member Group: Banned" :blink: with a comment of "Banned for having alterego ID scman473".

Folks, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both g-man430 and scman473 part of the ballpark tour as two separate people? :unsure: I'll have to go back and check the annotations I made on my photos.

Edited by RestedTraveler

This site inside Flour Daniel near Airport Road and Woods Crossing Road is now under contract:

758D3D5A-616F-44A7-BF4A-BDD39D82D35.jpg

More info: http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/3/2/0/3...40E979DD262.pdf

Hmm, interesting. I wish they'd do residential on the site... I mean any plot of land in the city limits is a good place for residential. :D I can't imagine MORE retail space when Woodruff's is expanding so rapidly... Not in strip center fashion anyway...

Maybe the mall is expanding and they will reconfigure the road to allow for more parking as the expansion comes out in this direction... :rofl: ok, back to earth

Everyone must be on vacation these days? This forum has dropped off the face of the earth, it seems. :( Anyone reading who would like to jump in and add two cents, there is no better time than right now to do so. ;) There are too many great things happening in Greenville to stand/sit silently by. As we have seen on several occasions, these discussions do have an effect on our local leaders, and many topics have even brought those very same developments into existence. We eagerly look forward to your input! :)

I have thought the same thing seems like not very many people are posting as usual.I try to post as aoten as i can but mostly enjoy reading and learning of the events and projects related to Greenville.I hope some more projects get off the ground soon to boost everyones "moral".

Well, jarvisj3 and I were discussing this offline today and...

1. There haven't been many major developments to discuss of late, other than the new development on Church Street and the Peacock.
  2. A lot of the discussion has become redundant (i.e. we're re-hashing old topics without many, if any, new angles or points of view on them)
  3. A couple of the folks who have in the past made major contributions have departed the board.
  4. Others (like me) have just been too busy to stay frequently engaged....I try to stay engaged, but I just don't have the time to do so as I did previously.