Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

I'll be out of town bopping about the South for a better part of the next four weeks. Could someone please save me a copy of the "First Pitch" programs from the following Greenville Drive series?
  • Number 10: Lexington Legends (26-JUN-2006 through 29-JUN-2006)
  • Number 12: Asheville Tourists (12-JUL-2006 through 14-JUL-2006)

I'll be in town just long enough to catch the West Virginia Power series.

I know it's silly, but I seem to have been collecting them, so I'd like to get the complete first season in tact and I'll not be in town to do it personally.

If anybody can pick up an extra copy of these two, please Private Message me and we can work out logistics or barter. :lol:

Just a reminder: If anybody is going to any of the games this week and can pick up an extra "First Pitch" program for me, I'd be forever in your debt. :D

The tags on this board do seem to be screwed up. One day they'll be orange like they used too, then the next they'll be a red clipboard looking thing. What's up with that?

Help me out here, please. I'm still not sure what you're refering to. I'd like to help, but need to know exactly what the problem is. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Help me out here, please. I'm still not sure what you're refering to. I'd like to help, but need to know exactly what the problem is. Thanks! :thumbsup:

His reference is to the tags next to topics to let you know there is a new post. The tags have changed in the last couple of days. There is a different look to them.

Could you please give me an example? I'm not sure I understood your question. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Actually they're fixed now. The last few days instead of the smilie showing it would just show something like %7Boption%7Dsmilie.jpg%7Boption%7D instead of the smilie. Well, that itsn't exactly what it said but somthing like that.

I just got the June agenda email for the DPC. Anbody know what this could be?

CA 06-60 A request by Rob Young for a Certificate of Appropriateness to paint an approximately 252 square foot mural and hang a three-dimensional painted metal airplane measuring approximately 2 feet by 3.75 feet by 3 feet and a projecting sign on the fa

I drove the Southern Connector yesterday and I gotta say, I know it's not good that theres not traffic on it (because there was only 3 other cars @ circa 6:30 pm)but, it is the perfect road around here to "work - out" your automobile ...

Edited by cafealotaguy

I drove the Southern Connector yesterday and I gotta say, I know it's not good that theres not traffic on it (because there was only 3 other cars @ circa 6:30 pm)but, it is the perfect road around here to "work - out" your automobile ...

I know what you mean, but be careful. Being so deserted, deer do try to cross the road occasionaly, not used to traffic.

About the Southern Connector: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3876477

What a fascinating, investigative, in-depth piece of journalism. I don't think I've ever seen anything of that quality in the pages of The Greenville News. Instead, we get, "Residents complain about traffic," "It's supposed to rain today," and "So and so shoots so and so."

Are they afraid to ask questions at The Greenville News or are they not skilled enough to write that kind of piece? Either way, it's sad what passes for "news" here.

You won't believe this, but a couple of years ago a friend of mine got a speeding ticket on the Southern Connector. It was late at night, and he was on his way back from Florida. He said there was literally nobody on the road. Unfortunately, a highway patrolman was behind a group of trees with his lights off. He pulled my friend and gave him a ticket!

And yes, he said he was speeding. ;)

Apparently, a mural on the outside of the building got rejected. But, if you peak in his window at 102 W. North S., the mural is painted inside on the wall. It is an awesome depiction of downtown Greenville and I think it would have been better enjoyed by all if it was on the outside. Go check it out. He is also going to be hanging a plane but that wasn't up when I saw it last week.

I caught the guys putting up the new model plane:

NorthStreetPlane_01.jpg

NorthStreetPlane_02.jpg

If you go on it during rush hour... say aroun 530 or so, you will see a few more cars. Its still not enough. I think it would help tremendously if they would take out one of the toll booths and charge you two dollars at one rather than one dollar at two booths (or however much it is).

If you go on it during rush hour... say aroun 530 or so, you will see a few more cars. Its still not enough. I think it would help tremendously if they would take out one of the toll booths and charge you two dollars at one rather than one dollar at two booths (or however much it is).

I totally agree with this! Paying the $2 is not nearly as big of a deal as having to stop twice. That really slows you down.

I totally agree with this! Paying the $2 is not nearly as big of a deal as having to stop twice. That really slows you down.

I disagree, though not with your dislike for the ridiculousy high toll. The booths are properly setup to be sure and not overcharge drivers only traveling a fraction of the distance.

I disagree, though not with your dislike for the ridiculousy high toll. The booths are properly setup to be sure and not overcharge drivers only traveling a fraction of the distance.

My point is that the $2 is not a big deal or unreasonable. What is a big deal is having to stop at two separate booths on a road that is just 14 miles in length between I-85 and I-385. The $2 is reasonable compared to other toll booths in other parts of the country, but I have never been on a toll road with two booths only a few miles apart. I think for a lot of people, the psychological effect of having to pay two separate $1 tolls is greater than if the same total amount ($2) was simply charged once.

It's not like you have to park your car, get out, write a check and grab your dry cleaning when you hit a tollbooth. You slow down for a hundred or so yards, pause at the booth, smile and pull away at your preferred rate of acceleration. If it was the Jersey Shore you were heading to this weekend and you were on the Garden State Parkway where all of humanity converges on the toll plazas to drop in 50 cents every few miles, I'd empathize with the senseless stopping. But it's two (ahem) stops. And, considering it is so wide open on the Southern Connector, I actually think they are a good thing because it's not good to be so "velocitized" as you leave the Southern Connector. It's much easier to accelerate up to the legal speed limit (or whatever margin you happen to play with above the limit) than it is to decelerate to that level. It's still pretty quick. If I've got to get to Donaldson Center from GSP, it's definitely the way I go.