Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

Let's see, Labor Day weekend in Greenville...

US Pro Cycling championship? check

Last Greenville Drive homestand of the season? check

Opening of the Clemson season 30 miles away, with big influence on local restaurants and hotels? check

Federal Reserve chairman coming to town to speak to Leadership South Carolina?

http://www.greenvillenews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...INESS/606080316

check

Just your average weekend in Greenville.

Whoa RT, your birthday is September 7 also? :huh:

Celebrating early on Labor Day weekend sounds like a great idea! :good:

Yea, but I've got exactly 10 years on you, I think. :rofl:

With all this stuff going on over the weekend, I think I'll celebrate all weekend long this year! :good:

Edited by RestedTraveler

Here is that article about us ranking 5th worst in the nation for sprawl: http://greenvilleonline.com/news/2002/10/1...02101730101.htm

Note that it is 4 years old though. Sprawl is everywhere you want to be. Look at every thriving city in the South and you'll find it. Fortunately, we still have plenty of space to handle it, and nice small towns and cities everywhere to serve as municipal centers. I'll take our sprawl anyday over the Northeast and Florida, thank you - except for the lack of sufficient freeways here. That is no intentional knock on those places, just my preference, after spending enough time in both.

This regards the Super Target going up at Pelham Road and I-85. Currently, the developer is in talks with Target about building a super one there, but nothing is final yet. Most likely, it will go through though. Expect to hear more regarding this in the next couple of months. :thumbsup:

I'll be out of town bopping about the South for a better part of the next four weeks. Could someone please save me a copy of the "First Pitch" programs from the following Greenville Drive series?

• Number 10: Lexington Legends (26-JUN-2006 through 29-JUN-2006)
  • Number 12: Asheville Tourists (12-JUL-2006 through 14-JUL-2006)

I'll be in town just long enough to catch the West Virginia Power series.

I know it's silly, but I seem to have been collecting them, so I'd like to get the complete first season in tact and I'll not be in town to do it personally.

If anybody can pick up an extra copy of these two, please Private Message me and we can work out logistics or barter. :lol:

Greenville finally made it onto craigslist during the last big expansion they did. Doens't appear to be much traffic there yet http://greenville.craigslist.org/

Wow! We've hit the big time, now! LOL! I have a friend in NYC that is constantly giving me flack because she uses Craig's List to find things she needs (apartments, etc.) and we don't, er, uh, didn't have one for Greenville.

That had to be a very recent addition, because I was on Craig's List no more than a month ago looking for temporary housing in Baltimore and noticed that there was still no Greenville. I won't lie, I think it's great we are finally on Craig's List! What's next, Zagat ratings for our restaurants? (I can dream, can't I?)

That had to be a very recent addition, because I was on Craig's List no more than a month ago looking for temporary housing in Baltimore and noticed that there was still no Greenville. I won't lie, I think it's great we are finally on Craig's List! What's next, Zagat ratings for our restaurants? (I can dream, can't I?)

I wasn't impressed with the search capabilities of Craig's List->Greenville, personally. I noticed they have absolutely nothing for this week in the calendar of events section. How lowsy is that?! There is at least one very cool event on every day of this week, that should have been mentioned there. :huh: