COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

I saw the PC game the other night on TV and I saw that they haven't done renovations to the seats or anything, I know they were supposed to. I was wondering when? Since there is virtually something going on all year round.

They don't have to replace them all at once, you know. :whistling:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BOA, that was another I was thinking of and didn't post. I was trying to be optomistic with Textron...

How aboutn Fidelity and/or Amica...

I think there are a lot of companies that may be interested: Amgen, Nortek, Hasbro, CVS, etc. It may require some success though before they jump on the bandwagon.

Fidelity is still very much a Boston firm, and I bet they spend a pretty penny already on various "VIP" slots at the venues up there. Once this proves to be a success and they have more of a presence down here, I would expect it.

Basachs,

you are correct. Fidelity actually spends millions on deals with sports venues each year, namely Gillette Stadium where there are two HUGE Fidelity Investments "Clubhouses" in the stadium where the tickets go for $750-800 per regular season pats game for normal people. While this is something a bit different (naming rights not leased lux boxes) It could be something the Dunk considers a possibility (some variation that could accommodate for the size difference)

Whether Fidelity gets in on the Dunk or not, who knows. I do hope the boxes all sell out though. It's been bugging me seeing big acts choose the Ram center over downtown PVD. Hopefully we'll see that change soon.

Basachs,

you are correct. Fidelity actually spends millions on deals with sports venues each year, namely Gillette Stadium where there are two HUGE Fidelity Investments "Clubhouses" in the stadium where the tickets go for $750-800 per regular season pats game for normal people. While this is something a bit different (naming rights not leased lux boxes) It could be something the Dunk considers a possibility (some variation that could accommodate for the size difference)

Whether Fidelity gets in on the Dunk or not, who knows. I do hope the boxes all sell out though. It's been bugging me seeing big acts choose the Ram center over downtown PVD. Hopefully we'll see that change soon.

I have friends that work in the music business and in some circles Toby Kieth coming to Providence over Mohegan Sun was considered a major coup. Me personally, I could not blink twice about a name like him, but it should be interesting to see what acts fall into place in the next couple of months.

I have friends that work in the music business and in some circles Toby Kieth coming to Providence over Mohegan Sun was considered a major coup. Me personally, I could not blink twice about a name like him, but it should be interesting to see what acts fall into place in the next couple of months.

country music is HUGE at mohegan sun. so yes, i'd say him coming here over mohegan was big.

• 2 weeks later...

The seats are scheduled to be replaced this summer, along with the other improvements of phase II. I Have season tickets for the P-Bruins and sit in them uncomfortable things all the time.

Actually, the seats are one of the last elements of the renovation - summer 2008. The new seats would get ruined in the meantime with all the work scheduled to take place in the arena bowl this summer (2007).

• 1 month later...

Lot's of steel up at the Dunk this morning, I didn't walk by yesterday, I assume that's when it started going up. You can see the entire curve of the new facade connecting to the Civic Center. It looks great. I didn't have time to stop to snap a photo, you might be able to see it with the Westin cam.

What kind of scoreboard does the Dunk have? The couple pictures I have seen doesn't look like the newer boards you see in some arena's. Is it similar to the Gardens or Hartford Civic center?

Hartford Civic centers scoreboard. Installed probably around 1996. At the time was one of the better type scoreboards arena's had. Now it is more common in smaller arena's and less common in bigger arena's.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/14976...078931014uGlMUW

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/21069...080952035ytJpKD

Looks like the Garden has the same type scoreboard as the Civic center. Have they upgraded it? These boards were more popular 8-10 years back, around the time the Garden opened?

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/14296...076720041QpJEXY

US Airways center (America West arena) installed a newer scoreboard within the last 2-3 years. Most newer arena's have a similar type scoreboard along with full wrap around LED graffics between levels.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/12553...064537607ZIGvaD

Is this the new board in the Dunk?

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1349204391059257300vXZNuJ

Sorry about rambling on, kind of board and can't sleep tonight!!! :)

did they upgrade the scoreboard in the dunk yet? for some reason, i don't think they did.

Its new"er" then the 20 pixel per image board that was up. At least now we see instant replays and they have the o so corny fan cam thing. Does any one recall that hidius board prior. It was like a bright lite on steroids.

i stand corrected. now i wanna go to a hockey game.

When does the P-Briuns season end? I have 5 free tickets I won in the Providence Tomorrow raffle.

They started work today at the other entrance to the Dunk, closest to the Hilton. They were ripping stuff out in that little 'park' space there that probably no one even realizes exists, and getting ready to set up site fencing. I don't think I've seen any renderings that show what is going on there, I hope they square off the building somehow.

I hope they have the wrap around LED lights...i think arena looks so much livelier

I don't see how they would put them in. Do they plan on doing extensive work inside the arena in terms of reconstruction? There really isn't anything seperating the 2 sections. In Hartford, they only have LED's in one end, no continuous concourse to put them all around.

Archived