COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't like the Wolfpack in Hartford. :rolleyes: But I wouldn't mind seeing them beat up on the P Bruins in the Dunk.

I knew you'd say that.

The actually have bobble heads for AHL players??? Wow.....

They have bobble heads for everything now.

Here is the new scoreboard at the Garden, they put it in this year. Probably one of the nicest in the country. Sorry it is so close up, I had to go up top to take a good picture of it.

IMGP1300.jpg

It really is nice. The new HD scoreboard coupled with the 360 degree marquee is pretty awesome.

the providence scoreboard reminds me of a "ghetto" Garden one.

Just another example of the "dumbed down for Providence" mentality.

That being said, the Dunk renovations will be an enormous improvement to its pre-construction nastiness.

That being said, the Dunk renovations will be an enormous improvement to its pre-construction nastiness.

i have a feeling that the garden has quite a bit more money than the dunk... in which can i can understand the difference. the dunk is not even competing with the garden, it's more on the level of the hartford civic center or worcester centrum.

I never said it as a bad thing, I just said it reminds me a lot of the garden, but not as nice... I would consider that a complement considering other big time arenas who have scoreboards like ours, and other arenas the size of the dunk who don't. So don't assume and be an asshole.

i have a feeling that the garden has quite a bit more money than the dunk... in which can i can understand the difference. the dunk is not even competing with the garden, it's more on the level of the hartford civic center or worcester centrum.

That is obvious, and I think they are doing a lot to make it better than the surrounding smaller arenas..

I thought "ghetto" was too strong a word as well. Simply saying it is a scaled down version might have been less attention grabbing. Being a huge hockey fan (see avatar) I attend both B and P Bruins games and the Dunk's scoreboard serves the same purpose and (as you pointed out) is a HUGE improvement in and of itself. The Dunk (Conv. auth.) had a specific (and limited) budget to fix it's laundry list of needs and I think what we are getting for the money is pretty darn good.

Remember, every taxpaying RIer paid for that scoreboard, so go and enjoy it!

There's some steel structure hanging off the side of the Dunk over Aborn Street now, I'll snap a pic this afternoon if I get a chance. The old sign is also no more. If you wanted to know the time with a letter in it, or the temperature off by 40 degrees, you've missed your chance.

90488645_3fc409f272.jpg

66 degrees and snow?

DunkSign.jpg

Is that h:32 o'clock?

All that's left of the sign is a metal stump.

If you wanted to know the time with a letter in it, or the temperature off by 40 degrees, you've missed your chance.

:rofl:

Didn't you have a photo of the sign when it said it was 130 degrees out? :) I'll miss the downtown comic relief...

- Garris

Yeah, but with one big difference. Mental went with the Boston logo, and Cotuit went with the local team and choose the Providence Bruins logo. :thumbsup:

And my logo's bigger, not that that matters. :whistling:

i know this... but it's still tough because P and B look very similar.

the P Bruins wouldn't be the Bruins if it weren't for the(ir affiliation with the) Boston Bruins...

how's that for a head spinner???

disclaimer: the use of the Boston Bruins avatar is in no way meant to show allegiance to, interest in, or fascination with the city of Boston Massachusetts; whereas said use is solely meant to distinguish the user as a fan of the sport of hockey with specific loyalty to the closest NHL franchise team; namely the Boston Bruins and it's affiliates including the Providence Bruins.

Archived