COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people refer to this as "the Dunk" so I'm holding out hope they'll change the official name to that, or even "the Dunkin' Center." There's something about having the word "Donuts" in the name of a sports arena that seems like really bad karma. Plus, I don't think DD has to worry about name recognition up here anymore, I mean who in New England can honestly say "Dunkin' Donuts? Nope doesn't ring any bells."

I know a lot of people refer to this as "the Dunk" so I'm holding out hope they'll change the official name to that, or even "the Dunkin' Center." There's something about having the word "Donuts" in the name of a sports arena that seems like really bad karma. Plus, I don't think DD has to worry about name recognition up here anymore, I mean who in New England can honestly say "Dunkin' Donuts? Nope doesn't ring any bells."

I agree, Carter. My favorite by far is "The Dunk".

Anyone know anyone at the project or DD corporate that we could pass this onto?

I highly doubt any corporation would permit just part of their name being used in such a way. Also, What if another company has "dunk" or "the dunk" already trademarked? Big corporations are very particular about their brand and how it gets used. "TD BankNorth Garden" doesn't exactly roll of the tongue either.

I highly doubt any corporation would permit just part of their name being used in such a way. Also, What if another company has "dunk" or "the dunk" already trademarked? Big corporations are very particular about their brand and how it gets used. "TD BankNorth Garden" doesn't exactly roll of the tongue either.

But you can still call it "The Garden," which was the point of that name. What's their slogan? If I'm not mistaken, it's something like, "Go ahead, call it The Garden again!"

But when it was The Fleetcenter, well ...

Anyway, I'm fine with the name. DD gets its advertisement, and we get to call it The Dunk, which is a perfect name when the Friars play.

Now if only we could whip those Friars into respectable shape. :whistling:

But you can still call it "The Garden," which was the point of that name. What's their slogan? If I'm not mistaken, it's something like, "Go ahead, call it The Garden again!"

But when it was The Fleetcenter, well ...

Anyway, I'm fine with the name. DD gets its advertisement, and we get to call it The Dunk, which is a perfect name when the Friars play.

So I guess I'm the only one who still likes to call it the Civic Center?

I agree, people still call it The Garden Again, Sure DD Center sounds kind of dumb, but if you are like where is the concert or where are the friars playing you never say teh DD Center, everyone or atleast everyone I know says The Dunk.

On another note, I remember discussion of some kind of DD Factory in there for testing and samples, was that just thrown around as a rumor or is there any truth to that?

On another note, I remember discussion of some kind of DD Factory in there for testing and samples, was that just thrown around as a rumor or is there any truth to that?

That was something that people here thought should be in there. If you're going to buy naming rights, you should take advantage and have a concept store on location as well.

• 2 weeks later...

They've had the new sound system in place for quite a while now -- almost a year, if I'm not mistaken.

I think I went to 2 Friars games last year after the new sound system was installed. I don't remember it being too loud. Just the opposite. I felt it was a little too quiet, actually. But I was in the nosebleeds. Maybe it's different courtside, I wouldn't know.

Archived