COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

They've had the new sound system in place for quite a while now -- almost a year, if I'm not mistaken.

I think I went to 2 Friars games last year after the new sound system was installed. I don't remember it being too loud. Just the opposite. I felt it was a little too quiet, actually. But I was in the nosebleeds. Maybe it's different courtside, I wouldn't know.

The new sound system was installed over the Summer. They are showing music videos on the new screen between periods ( hockey ) and the noise is deafening.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else get 4 free hockey tix for 11/12/06? If anyone wants 'em let me know because I can't make that one. Free of course (don't want to violate the UP TOS)!

I'm planning on heading up for the Pats game that Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

There's some work going on now on the Convention Center side, looks like some pre-work to get ready for the bridge that will link it to the Dunk. One tree was removed, but another is still standing and looks like it will be there for good (I assume if it needed to go they would have removed it when the other came down).

They need a scoreboard like the TDBanknorth Garden. That was the sickest thing I have ever seen, but I definately think once they have video on it, it will be so much of an upgrade.

I was there last night, they do have a video scoreboard.

I heard on the Bruins' game coverage last night that the one in TDBNG is probably the fanciest (and presummedly the most expensive) one around...

It really is an amazing scoreboard, I wish I had picture of it, I'mgoing to the game monday, I'll try to take a picture. Hopefully they allow camera's in, if not crapty camera phone, but you'll get the idea.

• 1 month later...

I like it. Is that a video screen?

That would be awesome if that is a video screen, it would make sense since they are probably taking down the old light display screen, if not as long as they keep cooler pictures up with uptodate events it will still be nice.

When I saw that I immediatly thought to myself, what happens when the DD naming rights end, several years from now? And Del's Lemonade take over. :lol:

1) Does anyone know how much DD is paying or how long the rights are for?

2) The Del Center has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

- Garris

Archived