COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the skybridge were taller so that it would cover the dryvit part of the Convention Center. Of course it would be silly to make a 4 story skybridge just to cover an ugly part of the Convention Center, but could you imagine a 4 story curved wall of glass? :w00t:

gallery_52_3_54666.jpg

I wish the skybridge were taller so that it would cover the dryvit part of the Convention Center. Of course it would be silly to make a 4 story skybridge just to cover an ugly part of the Convention Center, but could you imagine a 4 story curved wall of glass? :w00t:

i was gonna offer up this... but i guess it's not quite 4 stories... :P

DSCN1323.jpg

The glass is opaque to hide the ramp and ramps down itself, with little pieces of opaqueness floating around the rest of the glass. Interesting look.

Thanks for the photos. After reading your quote about the "little pieces of opaqueness floating around the rest of the glass" I had imagined that the they had installed the opaque and transparent glass in a random pattern so you could catch glimpses above and below the ramp. That would have created an interesting effect not unlike the random pattern of balconies and precast panels on Waterplace.

As it looks now, I think your description of the glass is more poetic than the end result.

i was gonna offer up this... but i guess it's not quite 4 stories... :P

Nice shot; I love the light and that curve is luscious! :w00t:

I like the fact that they are extending most of the Fountain Street facade up to the property line, similar to what Andres Duany had rendered during the "Reconnecting Downcity" charette back in 2004. Hopefully the finished product will be an attractive addition. The only thing that would have made this better would have been is the entire facade could have been extended to the property line to interact better with the street.

Announced yesterday, John Mellencamp at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on December 13. Los Lobos is the opening act.

Other area stops are listed below.

Tickets on sale 10/19 at 10AM for all dates listed here except Mohegan Sun, which is 10/13 at 10 AM.

12/06 MANCHESTER, NH VERIZON WIRELESS ARENA

12/07 UNCASVILLE, CT MOHEGAN SUN ARENA

12/11 PORTLAND, ME CUMBERLAND COUNTY CIVIC CENTER

12/13 PROVIDENCE, RI DUNKIN DONUTS CENTER

Announced yesterday, John Mellencamp at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on December 13. Los Lobos is the opening act.

Other area stops are listed below.

Tickets on sale 10/19 at 10AM for all dates listed here except Mohegan Sun, which is 10/13 at 10 AM.

12/06 MANCHESTER, NH VERIZON WIRELESS ARENA

12/07 UNCASVILLE, CT MOHEGAN SUN ARENA

12/11 PORTLAND, ME CUMBERLAND COUNTY CIVIC CENTER

12/13 PROVIDENCE, RI DUNKIN DONUTS CENTER

HUH?!? Why is this newsworthy? :rolleyes:

Unless John's planning to roll into town to help finish the work on the renovation, I don't think we want to start posting concert listings here. (But hey, if that's the case, my 10 year old would love to see Miley Cyrus, aka Hannah Montana on Dec. 20 at the Dunk. Since the scalpers already got the tickets, the cheapest seats are over $200 - over 4x the original price! Think of the children!!)

John Cougar Mellencamp . . . Hannah Montana . . . nah - we don't want to go there. :stop:

I know a lot of people refer to this as "the Dunk" so I'm holding out hope they'll change the official name to that, or even "the Dunkin' Center." There's something about having the word "Donuts" in the name of a sports arena that seems like really bad karma. Plus, I don't think DD has to worry about name recognition up here anymore, I mean who in New England can honestly say "Dunkin' Donuts? Nope doesn't ring any bells."

Heh... We've taken to telling people that we live in "The State of Rhode Island Presented By Dunkin' Donuts." ;)

Urb

Renderings on the Convention Center website:

http://www.riconvention.com/Authority/dunk...lRenderings.cfm

Looks good, it would be nice if they did the all black seats, since it matches for both teams. I hate how the garden has black and yellow and when the celtics dont sell out it looks funny. Also, the concession/concourse improvements seem to be the best. They were horrible just an ugly circle they actually seem approachable and nice in the renderings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another noteworthy thing that I forgot to mention, the Providence Bruins are now 9-1-1 after defeating the Portland Pirates in their home opener Wednesday. :)

What does everyone think of the new concessions? Parts of the lobby are still a work in progress as the photo gallery showed. I'll be attending a concert there next week so I'll keep my eyes peeled for whats new there. My last visit was a P-Bruins playoff loss to Portland before they temporarily closed it for the summer.

• 1 month later...

Do you know if the cool seating feature (I think it uses Quicktime) like Mohegan Sun's web site has could be added to the Dunk's web site? I found it beneficial to have a screenshot from each section of the seating at the Mohegan Sun Arena to see how my view is before/when I'm ordering tickets.

Archived