COMPLETE: Dunkin' Donuts Center renovations

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, last time the Dunk hosted the Frozen Four was March 2000. I was there. Even with the renovations, the Dunk is too small to ever host the Frozen Four again, unfortunately.

Great to hear about the NCAA basketball tournament coming back! This is the perfect kind of city for such an event. Arena, hotels, restaurants, shopping, entertainment all within walking distance from each other. Plus, there's no major league team to steal the spotlight from the event. They (the NCAA) loved bringing tournaments here in the past, and they will love it again. Boy, I hope the power block is complete by then!

As a college b-ball fan, I'm thrilled. You can count me in already. But what I want to know is, how soon do the tickets go on sale?!!

Dont quote me per se But I think the season ticket holders of the host school (Providence College) wouls get the first crack at securing tickets. After that partisapating schools would be allocated tickets. Then after that general public.

Providence to host NCAA basketball tournament games in 2010 [ProJo 7to7 News Blog]

Perhaps just in time for E@B to be complete and the city to be able to showcase it's shiny new Power Block anchored by a redesigned LaSalle Square.

Excellent! I read this story this morning. I went to the NCAA's the last time it was here (in 1994 or 1995) and it was an exciting two days I spent in Providence. UMass was the #1 seed then and played at the Civic Center (Marcus Camby was a senior) and it was the year they went to the Final Four. The NCAA Tourney is an absolute blast, apply for your tickets very early if you are interested. Providence College should be the distributor of these tickets as the Big East Conference is hosting it. The last time they printed an application in the Sports section of the ProJo. You cut it out, then filled in the information and mailed it in. The application was for a package of four seats. You either get Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday. You watch four games on Thursday and Friday, and two games on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday/Sunday games deliver four teams to the Sweet Sixteen and it's fun to watch the students storm the court on those days.

I'm applying for my package, can't wait to go - it's a blast! :)

Providence to host NCAA basketball tournament games in 2010 [ProJo 7to7 News Blog]

Perhaps just in time for E@B to be complete and the city to be able to showcase it's shiny new Power Block anchored by a redesigned LaSalle Square.

This is great news, I'd love to make the trip over for that. Hopefully the Huskies will be in that division come tourney time in 2010.

An expanded story on this from this morning's ProJo:

Hoop dreams: The NCAA playoffs to return to the Dunk. The investment of millions of dollars in a face-lift of the aging arena helps secure the 2010 preliminary round tourney. [ProJo.com]

Hopefully the Huskies will be in that division come tourney time in 2010.

If Providence College isn't in the tournament field I'll usually cheer for the other Big East teams, like I did the year when the Huskies won it all. But I think it's unfair when a team like Duke always seems to be placed in a bracket in their own backyard which drives me nuts. Duke is the darling of the NCAA. :angry: So even though I would support UCONN I don't think it would be right if they ended up playing in Worcester, Boston or Providence. IMHO

This is great news, I'd love to make the trip over for that. Hopefully the Huskies will be in that division come tourney time in 2010.

I predict they end up in the Billings bracket in 2010. It seems like UConn never gets seeded into a bracket close to home.

remodel it to look like actual cathedral ceilings

http://students.seattleu.edu/buig/Cathedral%20Ceiling.JPG

but a much less expensive version

i think it would be a cool way to acknowledge some of providence's history and also of providence college's

That would be cool....too bad its owned by the city and not the college. No chance of that happening.

• 1 month later...

Archived