The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

Ok. I'm no photographer but my camera was in my car and I was meeting a friend at the movies at Sandhill so I took really quick pictures while driving through to get to the movies. Hopefully next time I'm here I can take some better shots out of my car. The amazing thing is its like they are only half way done. They are still building on the other half!

That new Red Robin place

S5000867.jpg

S5000868.jpg

S5000869.jpg

You can see the construction of the condos from Two Notch.

S5000875.jpg

S5000877.jpg

S5000878.jpg

S5000879.jpg

S5000880.jpg

S5000881.jpg

S5000882.jpg

S5000887.jpg

My destination! The largest movie theater in Columbia :)

S5000888.jpg

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing sonofaque.

Now VAS is about as suburban as suburban can get, but I was impressed when I rode through there the first time. By the time this whole thing is done, it will be massive. But I really wish this took on more of a faux-urban form than just straight-out suburban.

Thanks for sharing sonofaque.

Now VAS is about as suburban as suburban can get, but I was impressed when I rode through there the first time. By the time this whole thing is done, it will be massive. But I really wish this took on more of a faux-urban form than just straight-out suburban.

Ha. It's a nice place, but I had the same thought. I have been a fan of the new school outdoor mall for some time, but (this is stating the obvious) it occurred to me that these aren't true pedestrian malls... in reality they're actually *more* car-oriented than your typical suburban shopping mall of the sprawling mid-to-late 20th century. They're essentially drive-thru malls. I'm sure there are exceptions, but VAS is not one. :)

VAS looks good. I haven't seen it in a long time... It reminds me of Birkdale in Charlotte somewhat. This is definitely a unique thing in SC right now. The road is a bit too wide, IMO.

These aren't shoping malls, but they aren't strip malls. All they are is an attempt to recreate downtowns in the suburbs. Its a good concept that could potentially lead to better things, but only if local leaders and deceision makers follow through with the ideas.

• 1 month later...

An update.....

Opened Recently: Starbucks

Opening Soon: The other Starbucks, Belk, American Eagle, Justice, Arizona Steakhouse, Shane's Ribshack

Opening Rumors: Aeropostale, Wet Seal

Where is this? I know of the drive-thru Starbucks that's being built right next to Clemson Road, but where is this one you're talking about? I haven't heard too much about it.

BTW, the Starbucks kiosk in Bi-Lo is going to be changed...earlier news said that Bi-Lo was looking to start their own coffee shops in their stores, and the kiosk would accomodate that.

The Starbucks that was in BI-Lo has already changed since a few months ago to some no name coffee place......Are there no Northeast residents in this forum? Geez....and the other Starbucks that I'm talking about that is not visible from Clemson Rd. is next to Lady Foot Locker next to the fountain! Come on guys I already mentioned that! Pay Attention! lol jk

Tis might be off topic but have any of you guys eaten at red robin burgers? They are outstanding their milkshakes are out of this world :thumbsup: , as Waccamatt they are awsome, if you have never tired this place i highly HIGHLY recommend you do.

Yes, we can both highly recommend their milkshakes. I wish I had a chocolate one right now.

I dont know what it is about Red Robin Restaurants, but even the ones in Charlotte....90% of their staff is gay lol..(not there is anything wrong with that) they have the best service!

Well if I had know that I would have tipped bigger maybe given them my number, but we had a woman which was ok a hot guy would have been better, but her service was outstanding. But still hot guy big tip

Archived