The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you lived in Boston and what in the world is a red robin and why should we be excited?

Red Robin is a great gourmet burger restaurant, far better than 5 Guys and Fuddruckers. The restaurant's interior is like that of a Ruby Tuesday's or TGIFridays, but it usually has brighter colors. It has a bar and area for watching sports...the food is excellent. Think of a soda fountain shop combined with a sports grill.

They have many different varieties of burgers, drinks, and desserts. This is indeed awesome that Cola was able to get one of these, especially since Red Robin is a Northwest franchise. They were all over Colorado and California as well as Pennsylvania, so this is really neat that Cola has got one now.

Ok since I'm not good at posting stuff from websites, Im just going to inform you guys that the Starbucks in the Bi-Lo is converting into some offbrand place, and they are planning on opening two new starbucks'.....one next to the new Walgreens as an outparcel....and the other one will be next to Lady Footlocker on the back side where JCPenney is.....THANK GOD! :yahoo:

Yay! :yahoo: I hated its location. I would be on the far east end of two notch and want starbucks, and i preferred driving all the way to trenohlm plaza rather than going into bi lo. who idea was that anyway? :wacko:

i hope one has a drive thru! :whistling:

by the way, that pumpkin spice latte is great!

Yeah the outparcel will have a drive thru

who idea was that anyway?

A lot of businesses partner with food service brands, as an alternative to developing in-house products/services. For example, Barnes & Noble bookstores have Starbucks in their stores, but Books-A-Million has their own Joe Muggs brand. At least in the DC area, some Safeway supermarkets have Starbucks in them. Many Target stores (like the one on Garners Ferry) have Starbucks in them as well.

Obviously Bi-Lo has changed its mind on this, and taken the Books-A-Million approach to serving coffee/etc., and we'll have to see how it goes.

One reason I think some people don't like the "bringing in" of Starbucks and other outside brands is that often it's more of a "licensing" type agreement, where the operation is actually staffed by the main joint's (in this case Bi-Lo) own employees (even though they may wear the outside brand uniform, etc.). This often leads to inconsistent & uneven levels of service. Personally my wife and I have enjoyed the Bi-Lo Starbucks, although we would be the first to admit it does not compare with the high-quality customer service you get at a stand-alone Starbucks (such as the friendly folks at the Five Points Starbucks).

Airport Starbucks (and many other airport concessions with "name brands") are often the worst - they are usually staffed with the faceless, mass-market concession vendors like HMSHost or Aramark (which aren't that different then the vendors at your typical pro/major league stadium). I suppose its a captive audience in terms of the customers (which is why airplane food is probably nearly always bad), although when you go through most European or developed Asian airports, you wonder why we Americans can't have that kind of first-rate experience.

Ok since I'm not good at posting stuff from websites, Im just going to inform you guys that the Starbucks in the Bi-Lo is converting into some offbrand place, and they are planning on opening two new starbucks'.....one next to the new Walgreens as an outparcel....and the other one will be next to Lady Footlocker on the back side where JCPenney is...

Hmmm...I have two reactions. Let me start off with the first one:

:yahoo: About frickin' time! My wife and I will finally be able to have some quality Starbucks coffee frapuccinos, since the Bi-Lo one is really not that great, IMO. We're very excited to get a true, authentic cafe in the VAS, which really needs one.

Now for my other reaction:

:huh: Isn't having two Starbucks in the same shopping center a little redundant? I can understand putting a full-service cafe near the Lady Footlocker, but why do they need to put another outparcel next to the Walgreens? Won't the two units actually compete with each other? Keep the cafe...I don't think its necessary to have the other one next to Walgreens.

Hmmm...I have two reactions. Let me start off with the first one:

:yahoo: About frickin' time! My wife and I will finally be able to have some quality Starbucks coffee frapuccinos, since the Bi-Lo one is really not that great, IMO. We're very excited to get a true, authentic cafe in the VAS, which really needs one.

Now for my other reaction:

:huh: Isn't having two Starbucks in the same shopping center a little redundant? I can understand putting a full-service cafe near the Lady Footlocker, but why do they need to put another outparcel next to the Walgreens? Won't the two units actually compete with each other? Keep the cafe...I don't think its necessary to have the other one next to Walgreens.

IMO they should keep the outparcel instead.....it'll be bigger, and itll have a drive-thru....but i think the VAS is big enough and is getting even bigger to be able to accomodate both....starbucks knows what theyre doing

Archived