The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting to wonder if this is in preparation for those stores in Cola Place to move. We all know that Cola Place is not exactly doing great, and this could be merely a change in locations.

None of those stores exist in Columbia Place.....except for American Eagle, and from what I understand they are not moving...

I made an unexpected quick trip to this shopping complex Wed. from Charlotte. I had been eying a comforter set at our local Ashley Furniture only to realize it had been discontinued when I was ready to make the purchase. The closest store to have one in stock was the Ashley at The Village at Sandhill.

So, I Googled up my directions and took the 75 mile drive.

My first impression upon entering this massive complex was WOW! What a beautiful place! I drove all through the area, loving the fountain in the center of the traffic circle.

I saw the Nestle Toll House Cafe and almost stopped for a treat, but I was in a hurry.

I think this shopping complex is far better than anything of similar type in Charlotte. Notice I say "of similar type". It kinda reminded me of a mega Philips Place with the architectural style.

Kudos to Columbia! What a great place to hang out and shop. And it looks like there is a lot of construction still going on. I'll have to visit again in a year or so.

I am starting to wonder if this is in preparation for those stores in Cola Place to move. We all know that Cola Place is not exactly doing great, and this could be merely a change in locations.

VAS will be the death of Columbia Place Mall.

LOL!

I must admit, I was rather impressed when I first visited the Village as well. Sure it's sprawl, but I was still impressed. And it's not even fully built out yet.

Exactly. Sprawl is sprawl, but this type of development is a step in teh right dircetion. ultimately this is better than a standard shopping mall in terms of urban development, and especially suburban development.

Archived