The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NE Cola is probably the 2nd or 3rd most populous suburb of Columbia.....i dont know why everyone keeps thinking NE Columbia is the sticks or something....its growing at the same rate if not an even faster rate than Irmo, Lower Richland, Lexington, etc...

I think widening/expanding Clemson Road into Killian Road and providing the connection with I-77 is one reason the area is booming. If that connection to I-77 had not been made, the only major road to VAS would have been Two Notch. Last time I drove down Killian/Clemson Road, I felt like I was in a suburb of Atlanta. Kinda Scary.

I think widening/expanding Clemson Road into Killian Road and providing the connection with I-77 is one reason the area is booming. If that connection to I-77 had not been made, the only major road to VAS would have been Two Notch. Last time I drove down Killian/Clemson Road, I felt like I was in a suburb of Atlanta. Kinda Scary.

you felt like you were in Atlanta? haha, that is hilarious.....not quite! maybe in 2107

^Suburb of Atlanta he said. And honestly NE Columbia does resemble some parts of the Galleria/Vinings area of Cobb County.

True. I'm actually planning to go to this center in the next month or two when I go down to Columbia. Looks really big and nice. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Upscale gyms are overrated... they're for the people that have to be seen in the gym so that everyone knows they workout there. Give me something like the Blatt or someone's basement filled with weights anyday over the new Gold's. (sorry for the rant)

VAS is crazy already, and I can't wait until construction begins on the Station.

^^ Exactly, I dont consider myself conservative at all (despite what my screenname might represent). I just do not really care if people see me and know that I work out... if they can't tell by me in my everyday life, then I'm obviously not doing it hard enough. Wow thats off topic

I drove out to VAS today after work and it was absolutely PACKED, but I didn't see any lights on in the windows of the condos. I wonder if they are selling as planned and if people really even live in them.

^^ Exactly, I dont consider myself conservative at all (despite what my screenname might represent). I just do not really care if people see me and know that I work out... if they can't tell by me in my everyday life, then I'm obviously not doing it hard enough. Wow thats off topic

I drove out to VAS today after work and it was absolutely PACKED, but I didn't see any lights on in the windows of the condos. I wonder if they are selling as planned and if people really even live in them.

Same here; I'm probably to the left of Ralph Nader, but I go to the gym to work out, not to be seen. Of course I do my share of checking out the scenery while there - it's good motivation. :whistling:

• 2 months later...

Atlanta Bread Company has closed...i had a feeling it was only a matter of time...that place had the worst service ever! (Panera will probably take its place, its better anyways). Also, Grilled Cheese has closed. They had the worst location though, on the far North Springs side of Bi-Lo....it wasnt really visible cuz another building blocked the view from North Springs road. Meanwhile, Village Bistro has opened, and from the looks of it, there is another bank going up next to BB&T....why isnt there a Bank Of America at VAS is what me and my friends are trying to figure out?!

Archived