The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

starbucks knows what theyre doing

Maybe they are moving to both spots to see which is the best and to prevent competitors out? Best case they both are great and they keep both and dominate the shopping center (who wants to compete with 2 starbucks?). If only one turns out to be good, they close the 2nd one.

Isn't having two Starbucks in the same shopping center a little redundant? I can understand putting a full-service cafe near the Lady Footlocker, but why do they need to put another outparcel next to the Walgreens? Won't the two units actually compete with each other? Keep the cafe...I don't think its necessary to have the other one next to Walgreens.

This is SOP for Starbucks - flood the zone. This works in dense, urban, walkable areas as well - areas like parts of downtown DC and downtown Chicago literally have a Starbucks almost every block. There is enough foot traffic to justify it, I suppose.

For an example closer to home, look at the Shoppes at Woodhill on Garners Ferry. There is a stand-alone Starbucks in one of the outparcel strip-buildings (near the Panera, I believe), and also one across the parking lot in the Target.

It's almost a joke how much they saturate the market without cannibalizing themselves. Conan O'Brien once kidded on his show that Starbucks opened a store within another Starbucks.

No its the end of the universe. Which up until this point I thought was in Houston, TX.

:lol: That was funny! Dude, that was a good one.

Well, I don't think there is enough traffic in VAS yet to support two Starbucks. The shopping center is still years away from being completed, and construction has seemed to slow on Phase II areas, except for the upper-level apartments. VAS has not yet become the premier shopping center for NE Cola. It is slowly getting there, but that is the ultimate problem. I've probably mentioned this before in this thread, but the construction needs to be finished quickly for the center to become a hub shopping destination.

Eventually, VAS will be saturated with coffee shops from many different locations: Nestle Toll House, Books-A-Million's Joe Muggs, Bi-Lo's Cafe, and two Starbucks? Revenue for all of these stores will be lower because there are too many choices. It's baffling how Starbucks is really not doing its homework in a marketing strategy...just saturation. Here's a more appropriate word: overkill.

• 1 month later...

They need to bring more mens' stores......Im tired of looking at all the women crap! lol........Books A Million has opened and looks great(still wish it was Borders though).......and I heard Aeropstale is coming soon, as well as BB&T.....the Lane Bryant I heard is doing really really good

They need to bring more mens' stores......Im tired of looking at all the women crap! lol........

All malls are like this - that's the market they cater too, largely.

As the witty James Lileks memorably said a few days ago regarding the Mall of America in Minneapolis:

"I did some shopping for Christmas gifts, and as usual the Mall disappointed; I always think it will answer all my needs, since it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived