Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

23 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

To be fair, it wasn't the Katie's who wrote the C5 or Agenda article ;)

Agenda Katie found a way to write about yoga AND heath/vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free food in the same article (and I'm sure wrote it while having coffee or a smoothie in the corner)!  It's a good thing I don't have hair to pull out!  Maybe there really is an audience for these all these posts, but she really needs to get some new story ideas.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/45945/namastay-kitchen-y2-yoga-hidden-gem-health-food-wine/

22 minutes ago, cltcane said:

Agenda Katie found a way to write about yoga AND heath/vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free food in the same article (and I'm sure wrote it while having coffee or a smoothie in the corner)!  It's a good thing I don't have hair to pull out!  Maybe there really is an audience for these all these posts, but she really needs to get some new story ideas.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/45945/namastay-kitchen-y2-yoga-hidden-gem-health-food-wine/

I thought of you when I read that article this morning!!!!  The most annoying part is the restaurant DOES serve meat. I wanna know how the meat is dammit! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

To be fair, it wasn't the Katie's who wrote the C5 or Agenda article ;)

Oh yeah I didn't mean to give that impression.  I thought the coincidence of the Northern Food articles was funny, and they weren't nearly as inane as either Katie's stuff.  I was just suggesting that perhaps she (singular) is the cross-mole feeding both sides each others' stories.

Re: The yoga and health/vegan article today.....I didn't read it....was she there to meet her wedding planner?  Haha oh I'm sorry.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prodev said:

I like to play the game of guessing whether or not she'll have a picture of herself in the article before I click on it. Yes is usually a good guess. Not that I mind...she's cute. 

I will make sure not to casually bring this up to them in conversation. ;-). 

56 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I'd like to say in a totally respectful way that I have a bit of a schoolboy crush on her and I'm pretty sure it's because of her rocking of the Helena Bonham Carter/Bellatrix LaStrange hair.

\m/

I'm also in this boat.  I dig Katie.  Her writing ain't bad and she's easy on the eyes.  Can we start a Charlotte news crush thread?  I need to nominate Rachel Rollar and Kaitlin Cody.

39 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Way off topic but that agenda article about Namastay kitchen, I have never seen the Hindi word spelled that way. ALWAYS Namaste.

HAH! What?!

Switching gears: I don't mean any offense to Barclay Downs, et al, but whoever made this is a highly gifted doodler, and needs to seriously get out more.

2016-04-06 19.33.38.jpg

• Like 1

On April 7, 2016 at 5:38 PM, ah59396 said:

I'm also in this boat.  I dig Katie.  Her writing ain't bad and she's easy on the eyes.  Can we start a Charlotte news crush thread?  I need to nominate Rachel Rollar and Kaitlin Cody.

I met Katie at Chopt one day. She was super nice and thanked me for my membership (and yes, she is cute too). I enjoy her articles and all the others on the CA - even those that don't apply to me. And as I said, I am a member. Yes, that's slightly NPRish (I am also a sustaining member at WFAE and KCMP in Minneapolis, just because KCMP has been my favorite internet radio station for years), but I am happy to support a media outlet I read or listen to every day (maybe not the Observer so much...).

I love CA and C5, but I swear C5 does seem to steal topics from CA quite often.

Has anybody seen that house on Charlottetowne over near the Auto Bell and across the street from the Original Pancake house lately? There is a sign outside that says "Relaxy Spa." I don't want to post any links on here because they would be inappropriate, but just Google "Relaxy Spa" and click on the first result if you are curious (and don't mind having questionable material in your search history). There is a "spa" in Gastonia on Franklin Street of the same name and um...their business practices don't seem to be legal. If this place is related (I mean, who else would name a business "Relaxy Spa"), I'm really surprised to see it plopped right in the middle of Cherry/Midtown on a busy street.

7 minutes ago, ScottCLT said:

Has anybody seen that house on Charlottetowne over near the Auto Bell and across the street from the Original Pancake house lately? There is a sign outside that says "Relaxy Spa." I don't want to post any links on here because they would be inappropriate, but just Google "Relaxy Spa" and click on the first result if you are curious (and don't mind having questionable material in your search history). There is a "spa" in Gastonia on Franklin Street of the same name and um...their business practices don't seem to be legal. If this place is related (I mean, who else would name a business "Relaxy Spa"), I'm really surprised to see it plopped right in the middle of Cherry/Midtown on a busy street.

Charlotte! Has a whorehouse in it!

(chorus) Lord have mercy on my soul!

:D

(apologies to Best Little Whorehouse in Texas)

On 4/7/2016 at 6:25 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

HAH! What?!

Switching gears: I don't mean any offense to Barclay Downs, et al, but whoever made this is a highly gifted doodler, and needs to seriously get out more.

2016-04-06 19.33.38.jpg

You're correct.

Barclay Downs, my former 'hood, is completely misplaced.

It's too far west and too far north.

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods
  • Like 1

I'm fatigued by the number of "list" articles the agenda is putting out recently. I enjoy their instagram, and really enjoy their "things to do this weekend" post that comes out on Thursday. The development posts from Jason and Andrew are typically excellent, and they do a great job finding out early scoops. But man, the brunch and list-style articles are killing me. They obviously get the most clicks, so i'm sure they won't go anywhere anytime soon.   Here's a sampling of their articles from this morning.

Your comprehensive guide to every brunch in Charlotte, by neighborhood - Kylie M - 3594 clicks 

The proper Charlotte foods to fuel your next Netflix binge - Katie L - 1927 clicks as of this post

Here’s how to maximize the joy of hibachi at Nakato in Charlotte - Ted W. - 968 clicks as of this post

Edited by Crown
  • Like 1

Thought of putting this in "Good New Restaurants" but it's not about new places. Given that the Queen will be celebrating her milestone 90th year on Thursday, I was wanting to eat somewhere local that serves authentic British cuisine, or at least close to it.

Is there a local eatery with good (subjectively, let's get that tired joke out of the way now, hah) English food?

49 minutes ago, Eightane said:

Thought of putting this in "Good New Restaurants" but it's not about new places. Given that the Queen will be celebrating her milestone 90th year on Thursday, I was wanting to eat somewhere local that serves authentic British cuisine, or at least close to it.

Is there a local eatery with good (subjectively, let's get that tired joke out of the way now, hah) English food?

Not sure how authentic it is, as I'm really not the best judge of that but I would volunteer Sir Edmund Haley's as one of the best .

http://www.siredspub.com/menus/