Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

Purple? oh no luv, in Charlotte it's known as aubergine. :lol:

metro. I just noticed your up to 8000+ posts and added another star. We are going to have to call the next level NYC for you once you hit 10K. You will be the first to hit that monumental post level at least I think.

B)

A2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got "friendly" flier on my windshield, that 1st ward parking permits will start soon on Bobcats nights. Oh well, I'm too lazy to pay attention to that. May as well stick to CATS.

Not only Bobcat games - all arena events. Funny thing was the Observer's arena parking article this week. They showed free street parking in First Ward that will be subject to the permits. oops!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/12929521.htm

the arena's street retail will not be finished for 3-6 months, but announcements should come soon, but will likely be restaurants.

renderings a few years ago suggested retailers like starbucks... but i'm guessing with a starbucks just 3 blocks away at trade and tryon, that that is unlikely. Perhaps a competitor, though.

I think food is a good idea, as it can serve transit patrons, uptown workers during lunch hour (many might find it quicker to stroll downhill on trade than finding a place on tryon), and obviously event-goers.

There was some realease a couple of months ago about saying that there would be something like 50 DD's opening in the Charlotte market over the next couple of years, and approximately half would be coupled with a BRs. I think this location would do well with the combo, though I suppose it depends on what kind of rents they are asking.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/12938045.htm

On time and on budget.

if the same arena were being built right now, it would have been 10-15% more expensive. OUCH.

thank goodness they locked in the concrete prices early. can you imagine the political problems if they had gone overbudget?

i have yet to see mention as to whether they used up their contingency fund, though, which obviously counts as part of their budget.

Hold on to your hats...I'm going to say something positive about the new arena. Drove by last night on the way home from UNCC (yes, I went out of the way) and the outdoor lighting is very cool. I was very impressed with the eerie purple glow on the dome, the uplighting on the walls, and the neon strips that illuminate the vertical wedge shaped windows on the nautilus sections of the building. Once those Jumbotrons are working, I think that the building will have a substantial "wow" factor at night.

Hold on to your hats...I'm going to say something positive about the new arena. Drove by last night on the way home from UNCC (yes, I went out of the way) and the outdoor lighting is very cool. I was very impressed with the eerie purple glow on the dome, the uplighting on the walls, and the neon strips that illuminate the vertical wedge shaped windows on the nautilus sections of the building. Once those Jumbotrons are working, I think that the building will have a substantial "wow" factor at night.

I agree. I was wondering where you had been MC. Good to have you back on board.

A2

It looks as if you mangs (yes I looked this up in the urban dictionary) want to live large, you can get something called a ledge seat in the arena for $19,000/season that entitles you to an all you can eat buffet when you go. Free of charge of course. I don't care too much for the idea of sitting on a ledge though. lol

Archived