Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

Oh! BTW Thanks for the photos. I haven't seen many posted today.

I hope they acoustic tiles are enough to dampen it. I know what you mean about feeling deaf in one ear. I've been somewhere?? that had that same effect.

Another question. Where is the scoreboard and clock? Are they going to put the data on the video boards?

Does anyone have more shots of concourse areas and escalators?

I also answered a couple of my questions. It looks like the end of the arena pictured is the end containing the stage. So, sound will not be directed toward this end.

Another is the hockey arrangement, which is a huge compromise. ie terrible. The ice will be slid toward the end with the roof lounge and seating beside and behind the goal won't be sold. I actually like to sit behind the goals for the best hockey view.

nca_seating_checkers_1b.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some more pics. The "rock the rooftop" are toward the end. Enjoy!

Jumbotron

Arena011.jpg

Arena023.jpg

Lower level

Arena020.jpg

One of the bar/lounge areas.....very, very nice.

Arena025.jpg

One of the many balconies where I suspect most UP forumers will hang out during halftime to look at big buildings and pedestrian activity ;)

Arena033.jpg

Arena035.jpg

Arena038.jpg

Arena040.jpg

what a gap Epicenter/210trade will fill in, going to be great

Arena041.jpg

Plaza and main entrance

Arena042.jpg

Arena051.jpg

Arena053.jpg

And "rock the rooftop" (dont seem quite finished with all the work here).

Arena082.jpg

Arena078.jpg

the view from "rtr"

Arena080.jpg

I liked this coming down one of the escalators

Arena086.jpg

Arena086.jpg

why do black men in overalls hate miniature replicas of trolleys? ;)

and why did they use a 747 to bomb the side of a mountain in the background?

and why is the multi-facial family so facinated as the motorman counting them?

art: it makes you say "hmmm". local government: it makes artists draw stupidass things.

:rofl:

on another note: dmccall... the hockey arrangement is small because it is a minor league hockey team. they didn't mind sacrificing some size for hockey when it mean that the seats for basketball would be closer to the action. the minor league hockey team has been playing in the small 50s-era dome for a long time, so even this arrangement will be a huge boost to the number of people who can see them.

the minor league hockey team has been playing in the small 50s-era dome for a long time, so even this arrangement will be a huge boost to the number of people who can see them.

Actually Hockey game seating will only be for the 5200 seats at ground level. The rest of the seating will be curtained off to give it the same feel as Cricket arena.

Because of the skyboxes, the new arena has about the same number of seats as cricket arena and about 4500 less than the Coliseum.

I heard hockey ticket sales were way up, and they're not that expensive either, at least compared to the Bobcats Tix. I love this building, went yesterday, the seats are so nice. And you're able to go into some of the suites and the seats are really comfortable like office chairs and you can lean back in them. And the lighting is definitely one of the best parts. It's pretty much an orgasmic experience.

went again today to drag my wife. (she dragged me to northlake mall yesterday, so it was quid pro quo).

we went through the lockerrooms, which were nice, but y'know...lockerrooms.

we got up close and saw the mascot, rufus lynx, which is very probably the most hideously ugly mascot i have ever seen in my life, and scary looking for kids, i think.

we went up to check out the upper level, and a middle-aged lady said "out of my way" as she ran back. i think she was scared of heights and got freaked out. i felt bad for her, her face looked panicked.

Went to open house today; I was impressed. I was especially excited when I saw my hometown's name on the SC wall. I think those walls (of NC and SC cities) are cool.

I wonder if the skyline feature atop the scoreboard will be modified once Epicenter and other prominent towers are built? ;)

i agree. good public art is some thing that everyone can quickly make fun of with what it looks like... and so it becomes a reference or conversation point... and then after a period of time, it becomes an endearing quirk in the city.

i like our lifesaver-toiletpaper rolls. just like i like the onion rings and the sickles.

^ :lol: I agree.

BTW, I thought this was REALLY interesting so I thought I would post it. It is a link explaining how the NBA leads ALL other leauges in having the BIGGEST short term impact on corporate sponsers stock. I thought this was crazy, but facts are facts. I picked the NFL, but heck what do I know.

I know that many have stated the finaicials on the arena being built was based on smoke and mirror type of deals and finaincing, and were disingenuous to the tax-payer, but obviously for big business the NBA is A-O-TAY

Try this link and go to the bottom right of the Yahoo Finance page to view the poll:

http://finance.yahoo.com/

(who'd thunk it ;) )

A2

BTW, the NFL is DEAD LAST in the rankings in most impact to corporate share prices in the short term. I almost have to question the integrity of the poll. The funny thing is that almost 50% of the people polled assumed the NFL would have had the biggest impact. Very weird indeedy.

A2

BTW, the NFL is DEAD LAST in the ranings in most impact to corporate share prices in the short term. I almost have to question the integrity of the poll. The funny thing is that almost 50% of the people polled assumed the NFL would have had the biggest impact. Very weird indeedy.

A2

Huh? :unsure:

Maybe I need some new glasses, but the NFL is in the lead on that poll followed by the PGA. Maybe we should have built a Putt Putt downtown instead of the arena.

Huh? :unsure:

Maybe I need some new glasses, but the NFL is in the lead on that poll followed by the PGA. Maybe we should have built a Putt Putt downtown instead of the arena.

that is for the poll. That is the way most answered. The answer is listed in red to those who wanted to see the results. I am shocked as you are metro. I would have thought the PGA or NBA would have ranked last.

A2

This is the meat of the poll. Check out the numbers.

A2

http://finance.yahoo.com/

"According to a recent paper entitled "The relationship between major-league sports' official sponsorship announcements and the stock prices of sponsoring firms", public companies that announced an "official product" sponsorship with the NBA experienced a risk-adjusted bump in their share price of approximately 3.0% in the days following the announcement.

The paper, authored by T. Bettina Cornwell from the University of Queensland, Australia, Stephen Pruitt from the University of Missouri at Kansas City and John M. Clark from the University of Southern Mississippi, reviewed the impact of 53 major corporate sports sponsorship deals announced between 1992 and 2003. Their research showed that partnering with other sports leagues can also positively impact market performance. The average increase in share price for companies partnering with the NHL was 2.41%, for the PGA it was 1.46%, for MLB it was 0.86%, and for the NFL it was only 0.30%. The average increase in share price across all the sponsorships studied was 1.11% in the week following the announcement. In dollar terms, the average product sponsorship deal created $257M in incremental market capitalization. "

nba_sucks.jpg

How respondents have answered:

102330 votes to date

MLB 8% 7364 votes

NBA 13% 12874 votes

NFL 47% 47631 votes

NHL 5% 4989 votes

PGA 29% 29472 votes

The correct answer is:

NBA

A2

That is how people guessed but the answer to the question is the NBA. I know it is hard to believe, but it is what it is.

Ahh ok, maybe the NBA can only attract second and 3rd tier advertizers now which stand to gain more from being exposed more on national TV.

As the poll suggests, the NBA does not have much positive mindshare these days.,

It's too bad they don't consider NASCAR a sport which has blown past all of them except for the NFL.

It's too bad they don't consider NASCAR a sport which has blown past all of them except for the NFL.

I totally agree metro. I think they would win by a landslide. It is real ood that they did not include that in their poll. ;)

A2

I just tried to purchase tickets for the home opener on the Bobcats website and there are only single tickets available meaning you can't get 2 side by side which pretty much designates it a sell-out.

Hmm. I just went to their website, typed in best available and immeditately got two seats side by side.

Quite pricey though. I am not sure $186 is worth it.

game.jpg

Those are expensive. They'd easily be sold out, but I think people are sending them a bit of a message based on their displeasure with the pricing. I know people who've 7 figure incomes (yes I mean 7) that bought their tickets for the first year but are debating based on the price whether it is worth paying $600 for tickets to a game on a Tuesday night.

Note that the cheap seats all sold out though...

Archived