New Greenville developments

gs3

-Also, I have received word from the Shopping Center Group that construction on the proposed shopping center at the Saco Lowell site is expected to begin in early 2007 or maybe even before that. This is great news as i'm moving into a new house later this month that is located less than 2 miles from that site. :thumbsup:

Any further updates on this one? I live fairly close to the area and attend church just down Saco Lowell Rd from the old plant. Also played football out there a couple weekends back so I guess I might need to find another open field soon for playing football :thumbsup:

On the DPC agenda for this month:

CA 06-68 A request by the Johnston Design Group for approval of final materials and plaque design for the Sterling Square monument at the NW corner of W. Washington St. and N. Main St. in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 06-139 A request by Matthew and Paula Williams to make exterior changes to and move an historic single-family house from 427 Rutherford Street to property at 310 Lloyd Street, in the Hampton-Pinckney Preservation Overlay District.

CA 06-110 A request by Tom Croft of The Croft Company to demolish existing structures and construct an eight-story condominium building at 121 Rhett Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 06-135 A request by the Johnston Design Group make exterior alterations to an historic structure at 314 Lloyd Street, in the Hampton-Pinckney Preservation Overlay District.

CA 06-136 A request by Greenville Mechanical, LLC to install an exhaust fan at 101 E. Court Street, which is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

CA 06-138 A request by Jason Smith to make changes to the building fa

On the DPC agenda for this month:

There's certainly interest still being shown by developers downtown. Even with all the delays and roadblocks with projects, it's nice to know we'll be getting quality developments in due time.

I wonder how difficult it will be for the 8-story condo on Rhett Street and the 7-story building on E. Washington to get approval? I see the 8-story building being the less likely of the two, since some will probably say that it is too tall given the surrounding structures. :wacko:

I wonder how difficult it will be for the 8-story condo on Rhett Street and the 7-story building on E. Washington to get approval? I see the 8-story building being the less likely of the two, since some will probably say that it is too tall given the surrounding structures. :wacko:

Isn't the Rhett st one the one that was proposed earlier at 10 stories?

You may have noticed that the old Jeff Lynch building on Pleasantburg has been razed and site work is beginning on the new retail development there. I checked the Hughes Development website and looked at the site plan. The 3 tenant spaces labeled so far are: Moe's Southwest Grill, Shanes' Rib Shack and Great Clips. I live in this vicinity so am very happy to see this project!

Anyone have experience with Shane's Rib Shack? http://www.shanesribshack.com/index.html

Here's the link to the Hughes info page about this project: http://208.56.170.51/properties/index.php?...p;realty-id=31#

You may have noticed that the old Jeff Lynch building on Pleasantburg has been razed and site work is beginning on the new retail development there. I checked the Hughes Development website and looked at the site plan. The 3 tenant spaces labeled so far are: Moe's Southwest Grill, Shanes' Rib Shack and Great Clips. I live in this vicinity so am very happy to see this project!

Anyone have experience with Shane's Rib Shack? http://www.shanesribshack.com/index.html

Here's the link to the Hughes info page about this project: http://208.56.170.51/properties/index.php?...p;realty-id=31#

Moe's and Starbucks so close together....oooooh. That'll save me a drive. I've no experience with Shane's, but it looks interesting.

I eaten at Shanes before. It is EXCELLENT! I'm happy to hear about it coming to Greenville. It's a must if you're in the area :thumbsup:

I thought it could be the KDS development at main, but you are probably right.

Are you thinking about Main @ McBee? KDS is developing it, and it's address is 17 S. Main St. (I just looked it up). That is one block from Washington.

I am fairly confident that Main St. divides Washington into E. Washington and W. Washington. I am not sure where the Bookends Phase II will be on E. Washington, but that seems like a good guess by vicupstate - especially since we recently heard that it will be 7-8 stories tall.

Does anyone know what is going in to the old Rhodes (previously Phar Mor) building on Haywood Road? We were at Cheeseburger in Paradise last weekend and couldn't help but notice the construction going on there.

Per RT in the Recent Marketing thread, this is a Steve and Barry's University sportswear.

You called it. They're going in where Rhodes Furniture on Haywood Road used to be.

FULL STORY.

• 2 weeks later...

A former part of the Fluor campus across from the Haywood Mall has been bought and is in the planning stages to hopefully becoming residential, retail, and possibly office space. The timeline is looking to be a year before building and then two years to build... They say it's on the scope of what's been built in ATL and Charlotte and they say that they think Greenville is ready for it.

Hopefully the residential component will be significant (all within reason of how much can be held and desired of course). This sounds like a great thing for Greenville and great infill for the city and especially for Haywood Rd.

New Development Article

A former part of the Fluor campus across from the Haywood Mall has been bought and is in the planning stages to hopefully becoming residential, retail, and possibly office space. The timeline is looking to be a year before building and then two years to build... They say it's on the scope of what's been built in ATL and Charlotte and they say that they think Greenville is ready for it.

Hopefully the residential component will be significant (all within reason of how much can be held and desired of course). This sounds like a great thing for Greenville and great infill for the city and especially for Haywood Rd.

New Development Article

This sounds like a nice development in the midtown area. I hope it happens!

It is already in the city. I am picturing a mixed use project with residential coupled with retail and/or office. There is nothing currently built like that in Gville, but many on the drawing board.

The Journal TBA column out today says a shopping center on Wade Hampton is a possibility, and it may get annexed to Gville. The Winn Dixie Distribution Center??

A few notes from the DPC meeting yesterday

The house that is located on 427 Rutherford road (Has been marked for demolition and located in front of the Salvation army) was approved to be moved to the Hampton-Pinckney neighborhood for restoration and use as a residence. This should be interesting and good luck to the brave new owners!

The eight story condo building located on Rhett street was approved with changes from prevent meeting

I had to leave at that point but other major items on the agenda were:

Build a nine unit townhouse development on Rhett street

Build a seven story mixed use building on 100 West Washington Street (Bookends phase 2)?

Preliminary Comments -on the proposed new 14-story building at the corner of N. Main and Elford streets.

I assume this is the Pinnacle but it seemed strange to me for this project to be at the preliminary comments stage?

But was not there to hear what was going on, if any body has any more information please post.

I noticed as I was driving down Stallings Road (in Taylors) today that one of the empties in the small set of shops near the intersection of Rutherford and Stallings has a large sign hanging inside that said "The Plaid Pelican". I know this was the restaurant previously mentioned as going into the West End. Does this mean they are opneing two or did something happen w/the one in West End?

It is already in the city. I am picturing a mixed use project with residential coupled with retail and/or office. There is nothing currently built like that in Gville, but many on the drawing board.

The Journal TBA column out today says a shopping center on Wade Hampton is a possibility, and it may get annexed to Gville. The Winn Dixie Distribution Center??

The TBA said it would be in city limits, not Greenville's. I think the site referenced is at Wade Hampton and St. Marks Rd., developers of that site have asked about coming in to Greer to get sewer because of Taylors Sewer moratorium.

I noticed as I was driving down Stallings Road (in Taylors) today that one of the empties in the small set of shops near the intersection of Rutherford and Stallings has a large sign hanging inside that said "The Plaid Pelican". I know this was the restaurant previously mentioned as going into the West End. Does this mean they are opneing two or did something happen w/the one in West End?

The Plaid Pelican will not be opening in the West End any longer.

I am not sure if anyone posted this yet, but at the end of October, the GADC reported that the Caterpillar plant in Fountain Inn is expanding once again. This will add even more engineering jobs to the county. Greenville recently ranked #1 in the U.S. for engineers per capita. This news should bolster that ranking. :thumbsup: