New Greenville developments

gs3

Here is what I found in the Public Notice for the next zoning commision meeting.

V 06-18. Variance to reduce the front setback from 10 feet to 0 feet at 301 Augusta Street (TMS #91.1-3-4). The applicant is PHC Communities, LLC (286-9578).

BTW, PHC is the company that was going to do that Tower at Falls and Broad.

Well, I have heard that someone is going to build or is trying to building a five storey condo building there. Actually, if I thinking correctly that building across from that lot. Plus the building behind it and the lawyer's office. If you wondering how I know about that. Well I asked.

Well, I have heard that someone is going to build or is trying to building a five storey condo building there. Actually, if I thinking correctly that building across from that lot. Plus the building behind it and the lawyer's office. If you wondering how I know about that. Well I asked.

So you are not speaking about the graded spot with the zoning sign, but rather the spot across University Ridge, correct? That would be a very nice place for such a residential project, IMO! :shades:

Has anybody mentioned or noticed the Public Hearing sign out in front of the big green monster on the corner of Augusta/River/Main? Seems like someone may have mentioned it already, but I only just noticed it this afternoon (didn't even see it last night). Hopefully the developer will have better luck with the DPC this time. ;)

Has anybody mentioned or noticed the Public Hearing sign out in front of the big green monster on the corner of Augusta/River/Main? Seems like someone may have mentioned it already, but I only just noticed it this afternoon (didn't even see it last night). Hopefully the developer will have better luck with the DPC this time. ;)

It is probably something to do with the "sidewalk quotes" proposed for the West End.

So you are not speaking about the graded spot with the zoning sign, but rather the spot across University Ridge, correct? That would be a very nice place for such a residential project, IMO! :shades:

No. Thats my bad. :blush: If there was some confusion. The building is going on the graded spot. Right next to the restaraunt. But yeah, I have heard some folk talking about the other buildings as well.

No. Thats my bad. :blush: If there was some confusion. The building is going on the graded spot. Right next to the restaraunt. But yeah, I have heard some folk talking about the other buildings as well.

Wow, a five-story structure on that spot would be impressive. It is a rather small footprint. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just post this here. Still nothing about the Villagio Verde site though:

To: Neighborhood Association Representatives,

Owners of property located within 150 feet of the following applications,

Registered email recipients

Subject: Upcoming Applications for the Design & Preservation Commission

Date: August 23, 2006

The City of Greenville Design & Preservation Commission (DPC) will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, September 7, 2006, at 4:00 p.m. in the 1st floor meeting room at City Hall, for the purpose of considering the following applications.

CA 06-94 A request by Paul Fernander for an addition and exterior renovations to an existing building at 814 S. Main Street in the West End Preservation Overlay District. The request was tabled from the August 3 public hearing.

CA 06-101 A request by Pazdan-Smith Group for a building addition and site work with landscaping at 406 N. Academy Street in the Central Business District, Vehicular Zone.

You may review documents relating to these applications before the public hearing. These documents are available in the Zoning Office on the 4th floor of City Hall, 206 South Main Street, Greenville, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Additionally you may call the Zoning Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information on these applications. You may speak for or against an application at the Public Hearing, where a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in support and a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in opposition. Additionally you may submit written comments prior to noon on the date of the meeting to Brennan Townsend, Development Planner, PO Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602, or by fax at (864) 467-5715, or by email at [email protected]. Please reference the application number on all correspondence.

Applications for Preliminary Comments may be accepted by the Design and Preservation Commission up to three days before any regular or special meeting, whether or not they are included on the published agenda for such meeting. A revised agenda will be posted at the meeting location at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.

CA 06-94 A request by Paul Fernander for an addition and exterior renovations to an existing building at 814 S. Main Street in the West End Preservation Overlay District. The request was tabled from the August 3 public hearing.

Is this the same project the DPC voted for against that's located at the intersection of S. Main Street and Augusta Road across the street from the Army surplus store?

Edited by carolinadude9409

Is this the same project the DPC voted for against that's located at the intersection of S. Main Street and Augusta Road across the street from the Army surplus store?

No, this is a outdoor dining restaurant on S. Main on the vacant lot next to the building where American Apperal was going to go. The Kitchen will be in the small building on the left side of the lot.

No, this is a outdoor dining restaurant on S. Main on the vacant lot next to the building where American Apperal was going to go. The Kitchen will be in the small building on the left side of the lot.

Thanks, btoy. Where exactly is this vacant lot located? Is it between West End Field and Augusta St/Rd. on Main or is it somewhere else? I just felt like posting this: :tough:-I'm gonna pump you up

Edited by carolinadude9409

Despite the housing market rapidly cooling off across the nation, Greenville County is experiencing a 13% increase over last year in new homes built. Aside from the incredible growth in the local tourism industry, the real estate market has remained Greenville's strongest asset since 2001.

Despite the housing market rapidly cooling off across the nation, Greenville County is experiencing a 13% increase over last year in new homes built. Aside from the incredible growth in the local tourism industry, the real estate market has remained Greenville's strongest asset since 2001.

Wow! Last year was a huge year for construction, so a 13% increase is incredible. Do you know anything about average new construction prices? With all the neighborhoods going up over 300k, it woul dhave to be up there. What was your source?

The City has finally (re)opened a weekend visitor center! This is so vital to the overall success of the marketing efforts of our great amenities. Think how many visitors don't know where to look for some of the best surprises.

MainStreet_50.jpg

I miss the inside visitor information desk being open from 9am - 4pm on Saturdays and the info kiosk at the entrance to Falls park. Are you certain this is a permanent fixture, though, or has it been opened for the period around the US Pro Cycling Championships? It'd be nice if it were open at least from Memorial Day through Labor Day each summer. :shades: