First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

they seem to be getting along just fine without it.

they  are parking on a dirt and gravel lot along 9th St and N Brevard.   That was the whole involvement  with the state with Levine and this garage for parking for the university at least some spaces.  Eventually those gravel lots will be developed if Levine sells them off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:
those spaces are for UNC Charlotte and that was his agreement with the state to provide some for UNC Charlotte uptown campus. 

As far as I understand the 400 space agreement with the city is separate from the one with UNCC. They have an additional number of spaces. I don’t recall how many though.

E: UNCC paid $4.2 million for 300 spaces according to the Observer.

Edited by TCLT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TCLT said:

As far as I understand the 400 space agreement with the city is separate from the one with UNCC. They have an additional number of spaces. I don’t recall how many though.

I stand corrected but there is an UNCC agreement too.  That is why they doubled the terrible gravel lot next to UNCC on 9th St. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TCLT said:

I don't think they'd throw up walls around stairwell lobbies that are supposed to be wrapped with apartments if there was any intention of restarting apartment construction in any reasonable timeframe. I really believe that this is a desperate attempt by Levine to get the garage to the bare minimum condition necessary to get the financial incentives agreed to with the city for the parking spaces. If that is the case I really hope the city has the contractual leeway and the spine to laugh him out of the room.

Ok...so is that a yes or no? 

11 minutes ago, j-man said:

Ok...so is that a yes or no? 

That's a no.

At least that's my guess based on the track record, type of work, tiny number of people/equipment onsite, and more than anything the timing of the work. If anyone actually knows what the plan is for this thing it would be great to hear, but I'm not sure the developer even has a plan.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TCLT said:

That's a no.

At least that's my guess based on the track record, type of work, tiny number of people/equipment onsite, and more than anything the timing of the work. If anyone actually knows what the plan is for this thing it would be great to hear, but I'm not sure the developer even has a plan.

They might as well build an office building to wrap this and use it for that..idk. Seems like a train wreck 

We should start a thread call Hall of Shame and this would be in it along with DeeDee Harris's large water filled hole now lovingly named DD Harris Wetland Park by some.  The good thing is that this list would be short but it does happen for example Skye condos on Caldwell St would have been on this list for a while.  So of course would have 210 Trade condo tower with its exposed rebar. 

• Like 1

I get that the city can't force property owners to do something with their property, so until Levine finds the self awareness to realize he's not cut out to be a developer we're stuck with wasted land in First Ward. But there should be something  that can be done about things like that rebar pit and the 10th Street ruins. Are there really no building codes or safety ordinances being violated? How can a pit with exposed rebar be allowed to be left like that for years and years.  How can they allow streets and sidewalks to be blocked indefinitely? Where is the government on this? They should be moving faster and with greater force to make it untenable financially for developers to leave their properties in these kind of conditions. Whatever fees/fines/enforcement mechanisms that currently exist clearly aren't sufficient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1