First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

If anything remotely resembles that companies portfolio of projects is shown here for CLT i'll buy a night of drinks for everyone here.  I have very little hope that will be the case.  

It looks really good. Definitely the best looking Architecture in Uptown for a long while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

If anything remotely resembles that companies portfolio of projects is shown here for CLT i'll buy a night of drinks for everyone here.  I have very little hope that will be the case.  

What I've caught glimpses of, in regards to the three cultural spaces being redone on N. Tryon, they have all been pretty iconic. Not sure what scaling down the library by 100k sq feet will mean though. 

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

What I've caught glimpses of, in regards to the three cultural spaces being redone on N. Tryon, they have all been pretty iconic. Not sure what scaling down the library by 100k sq feet will mean though. 

A big part of the back of house operations and administrative offices are moving out of the main library to a new location at the County's Northpark Mall site. That took out a big chunk of square footage. They have also better allocated space in the building that can be used much more efficiently than it is being used today. I think you'll see a lot more public facing 'useful' spaces in the new design than the current one.

Austin's new Central Library (great building) is 180,000sqft and cost $126m

• Like 4

I'm quite impressed with this design, and what a stark contrast with what's there now.   I suppose I'm a bit naive for thinking this might have become a reality far sooner than 2024:(.

At the risk of irritating others, I have to admit that although the building is amazing, all I really need is to somehow make the current building have the same "interaction with the street" as what's in the rendering.

If someone told me there was a way to remodel the existing library to incorporate all the glass and transparency and light in its interface with the street and pedestrian realm, at a fraction of the cost, I'd be completely on-board.