The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

Okay... I was thinking that this rendering was switched around from the actual way (reverse angle) it will sit on the property.  From previous drawings, I thought the top of the "S" would point toward Second Avenue and the bottom tip pointing toward Third Avenue, with the diner "wrapped" inside the lower loop of the "S".  This would have the narrow sides pointing toward the river and the west and the wide sides facing north/south.  

So if I understand the actual orientation, the "S" will be backward, with the tip of the "S" point north (toward Demonbreun) and the bottom of the backward "S" pointing south (toward KVB). So if correct, then there will be a wide side toward the river.  So in this rendering the street going from right to left is Demonbreun, right?

Also, I recall early renderings having lattice (openings) screens in front of the ten-level parking garage.  

Edited to correct adjacent streets. 

Edited by MLBrumby

The amount that this is going to stitch together the urban fabric here is going to be incredible. One less open, dead, parking lot to one more vibrant building that is a step closer to creating a canyon down 3rd and Demonbreun. 

That picture really just shows how dense this area is becoming!

• Like 2

Huh? Tennessean print edition today has a large photo captioned "The Diner Rises" and shows a worker atop what I think is one of The SoBro concrete columns. The caption claims he is working on the 6-story diner. I was down there the other day and didn't see any activity at the Diner other than SoBro workers taking their lunch in the shade of the diner's one block wall. Has work resumed on the Diner or could the Tennessean possibly be mistaken?

Huh? Tennessean print edition today has a large photo captioned "The Diner Rises" and shows a worker atop what I think is one of The SoBro concrete columns. The caption claims he is working on the 6-story diner. I was down there the other day and didn't see any activity at the Diner other than SoBro workers taking their lunch in the shade of the diner's one block wall. Has work resumed on the Diner or could the Tennessean possibly be mistaken?

The look from Google Street View implies it's active. The corner foundation is in. Of course, that was two months ago...