The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

Tony has until March 31, next Monday, to decide what to do with the Marriott project on Demonbreun. This may influence the rest of the projects, or it may not! When I said i hear there is a deal with Steve Smith and Tony on the Crow property is was not for Tony to rent it for construction but rather Tony to own it. It's all hearsay until they top out the building!

Any thoughts to whether Tony is so close to signing a tenant for Sheet Music that he is hesitant to have two major projects going on at the same time with SoBro?  ...thus the feet dragging?  

I don't think that would matter, necessarily.  He should have separate funding options for both towers.  I couldn't imagine a developer with two stand alone projects, one residential and the other mainly commercial trying to draw from the same financial well to build them both, BUT, I'm not a developer, so you might be on to something.

If one had the set to do it, constructing two towers at one time would be fairly impressive and a slap in the face to someone else in town, but I don't know if he's that egotistical. 

I don't think that would matter, necessarily.  He should have separate funding options for both towers.  I couldn't imagine a developer with two stand alone projects, one residential and the other mainly commercial trying to draw from the same financial well to build them both, BUT, I'm not a developer, so you might be on to something.

If one had the set to do it, constructing two towers at one time would be fairly impressive and a slap in the face to someone else in town, but I don't know if he's that egotistical. 

Tony recently admonished a publication for insinuating he was out to prove anyone wrong in one of their articles. Tony is not egotistical, just driven and he is a man of high integrity and honor. He has told me on more than one occasion he liked WES and wished it had gone vertical

Ran into an official with Tony last night. He said Tony is working hard to get this done. Should know something soon. The paperwork, legal contracts, governmental documents,  and others sundry items  must be stacked miles high to get projects like this out of the ground.

What goes on behind the scenes to get these projects out of the ground must be something truly amazing. I cannot fathom the work that it takes for projects like this. I know what my friend Jim Creason goes through to get his smaller scale projects done. Buildings like this for a city like Nashville has got to be complicated as hell.

Ran into an official with Tony last night. He said Tony is working hard to get this done. Should know something soon. The paperwork, legal contracts, governmental documents,  and others sundry items  must be stacked miles high to get projects like this out of the ground.

What goes on behind the scenes to get these projects out of the ground must be something truly amazing. I cannot fathom the work that it takes for projects like this. I know what my friend Jim Creason goes through to get his smaller scale projects done. Buildings like this for a city like Nashville has got to be complicated as hell.

We stood outside Tony's offices and talked for about 20 minutes. It was a little after 8pm and did not want to hold him up, but it was nice he took the time.

No April fools. Not sure what the sarcasm is for. Do you want this persons name and email address? Do you want the analytics off my phone that shows he and

I got word from a very inside source that this project is a go and we'll be seeing movement VERY soon. Think a week or two....

Like, for super serial, and not for April Fools?  :whistling:

He was responding to me. I don't think anyone is doubting what you were saying. 

Happy Anniversary SOBRO Apartment Tower! Noticed on the Giarratana web site that the architectural design and site plan was dated April 3 2011. Somehow 1515 Demonbreun with 431 units has gone from blueprint to men working with heavy equipment in less than one year.

• Like 2

Happy Anniversary SOBRO Apartment Tower! Noticed on the Giarratana web site that the architectural design and site plan was dated April 3 2011. Somehow 1515 Demonbreun with 431 units has gone from blueprint to men working with heavy equipment in less than one year.

I guess it's just depth of pockets, but I've noticed those out of town apartment developers don't play around.  That big one on 8th started demolition about the day after they bought the land.

Im not exactly sure what this article is saying because its locked but it mentioned permit being pulled for sobro, and roundabout Charlotte tower and othershttp://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/4/14/permit_patrol_14_april_2014

Nothing that has not already been reported. This is a recap of last weeks permits. The Sobro permits were in the Pinnacle tower. The Roundabout was the 1515 tower.

I don't have a sub either, but the headline reads as if the range of projects extends from Sobro... to Roundabout... to Charlotte.  I still think that a project of the size and scope of The Sobro would specifically warrant its own piece from WW... as well as a mention of Mr. Giarratana in the subhead. We'll see.

There is a cottage or townhome development starting on Charlotte.  This one is from CORE Development and it is called Richland Station or something like that.  Perhaps that is what this article is referencing on Charlotte?  Also, demolitions are starting for the H.G. Hill Realty project along 40th/Charlotte in Sylvan Heights.