Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

I think it would take very little to pull in the massive employee population of Atrium. The Elizabeth Ave businesses are packed daily from Novant folks. Unless you work on the East Blvd side of the Atrium campus, there are no real walkable options.

12 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

How do you figure that? Over 1,000 people will soon live directly across Kenilworth from this building. Not trying to be argumentative, but numbers are numbers.

I just think this one location is a little isolated and inaccessible compared to the other options. I said the residents that live above this place would frequent it but not much else unfortunately. If you're going to walk somewhere and it is equidistant to walk to the Metropolitan or here (Pappas development), people would go to the developed center with plenty of options. Maybe I'm too cynical of the general population but anything over a 15 minute walk and I think people will just drive somewhere instead. 

For what it's worth, I used to live a few blocks from here and would have loved another option so I'm not rooting against this place by any means. I just will have to see what turns up. 

On 5/14/2019 at 1:35 PM, JHart said:

I just think this one location is a little isolated and inaccessible compared to the other options. I said the residents that live above this place would frequent it but not much else unfortunately. If you're going to walk somewhere and it is equidistant to walk to the Metropolitan or here (Pappas development), people would go to the developed center with plenty of options. Maybe I'm too cynical of the general population but anything over a 15 minute walk and I think people will just drive somewhere instead. 

For what it's worth, I used to live a few blocks from here and would have loved another option so I'm not rooting against this place by any means. I just will have to see what turns up. 

I live nearby and run multiple times a week. My route takes me up Morehead and I run past that intersection and stop to cross at that exact corner. In the last 20 times I've run past that intersection, I've never seen a pedestrian other than people running. People simply do not walk right here. Maybe more apartments may change this, but I agree with your assessment purely based on my experience living here. I also wouldn't want to sit below grade at that intersection because I give it a couple years before a car accident goes barreling through the windows. That intersection is high volume, high speed, and very congested. 1315 east for example has had a couple different wrecks go through the corner entrance.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AP3 said:

Haven't seen this posted yet.  Grading has begun for 12 new town homes on Kenilworth next to Solis Dilworth.  

1030 Kenilworth.3.PNG

1030 Kenilworth.2.PNG

1030 Kenilworth.1.PNG

1030 Kenilworth.PNG

exclamation point windows/entry? woof!

Edited by sclark
! instead of '

On 5/14/2019 at 1:11 PM, Miesian Corners said:

How do you figure that? Over 1,000 people will soon live directly across Kenilworth from this building. Not trying to be argumentative, but numbers are numbers.

Because the intersection is a disaster for pedestrians. Very busy and not set up to promote or protect walkers, bikers, etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^^ That seems strange to me too the taller building could be along Morehead but the other parcel closer to 277 had height restriction.

I did also notice that about Bank of America HQ supposedly moving to the BOAT at Legacy I dont believe that for one minute.  The offices primarily moving there are coming from Hearst not BofA CC.  And the bank owns the 60 story corporate center tower. 

anyway it is interesting how they are marketing it and I do think it is a good site for maybe a high rise mixed used tower apartments atop of offices like FNB.  the views are stunning from that angle.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 11:53 AM, pgsinger said:

Check out the development map if you are ever looking for a specific location.  See below for a screenshot from the map.  For future reference, the development map can be found by going to the top of this page and hovering your mouse over the Development Map tab then choosing the Charlotte map.

Baxter.jpg

So this giant building will just be around the Kings Tower building?  The picture is very deceiving in its size, must get smaller quickly behind that front face.

• 3 weeks later...

Story about the topping off of the first Atrium Health MOB  and check out that model of a future mega hospital building on the main campus of Atrium.  These 2 new buildings are rising next to the new Realtors building and deck.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/08/21/photos-atrium-healths-heart-and-vascular-office-in.html

• Like 4

Question; Just read the article and nothing was mentioned about Multifamily Apartments as part of this project.  So that has been eliminated based on market conditions or was I mistaken from the beginning?  This project has been under the radar on UP but it’s a major win/development for Midtown.

Question; Just read the article and nothing was mentioned about Multifamily Apartments as part of this project.  So that has been eliminated based on market conditions or was I mistaken from the beginning?  This project has been under the radar on UP but it’s a major win/development for Midtown.

It was just eliminated because The hospital was like, oh hey, I want that, mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk