Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

39 minutes ago, ClassicColtrane said:

*super yawn*

These are the kind of tenants I’d see in a strip mall my small rural hometown of Sanford, NC.

I hate to say this and I hate to see this happen to a poor little old immigrant from Belarus as my parents are immigrants, but if Cherry Berry didn’t succeed as a chain, I’m not sure how she will? Rent is probably super high there and the parking freaking sucks 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

I hate to say this and I hate to see this happen to a poor little old immigrant from Belarus as my parents are immigrants, but if Cherry Berry didn’t succeed as a chain, I’m not sure how she will? Rent is probably super high there and the parking freaking sucks 

We used to go to Cherry Berry a lot, but I was under the impression that Covid did them in.  They closed a couple of months after lock-down IIRC.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can someone better at Accela than me pull this permit?  The scope makes it sound like it is just for removing the West Elm upfit but maybe I’m wrong. 

This place feels lifeless now - I didn’t pass anyone on foot or see a single person walk inside the facial spot, tattoo remover or teriyaki place as I walked around just before lunch yesterday. 

IMG_0131.jpeg

• Sad 1

Open Rice has been extremely successful so far. Especially on sundays since they started serving dim sum which is much needed since there aren’t a lot of dim sum spots around here. Hopefully more spots fill in though. Pisces looks like it’s seen better days too lol. They need to go back to AYCE sushi lunches again. Also Wish they’d fill in the old hickory tavern spot. That was a nice place to grab a beer when in that area. 

• Like 1

Yeah, It really does seem like Metropolitan has been struggling for a minute. No one has taken the old Staples space yet (besides the seasonal Spirit Halloween), which is surprising, as I thought Ross was moving there. I also noticed many of the Best Buys in Charlotte got full remodels, except for the Metropolitan location, which makes me question it’s future. Maybe the nearby Pearl District and other development can help with the vacancies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, go_vertical said:

I don't subscribe so I'm unable to read it but I'm assuming this is going onto the old Hickory Tavern spot.  This should be a step up from that because, let's be honest, while Hickory Tavern is OK it still is a pretty middling, uninspiring chain.

doesn't say the exact spot in the Metropolitan but it said overlooking the greenway. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, what’s the sqft of hickory tavern space? Article states 4K I think. Only other space facing greenway would be the old west elm maybe?

The post from JT with this particular pic and the giant patio space reference kinda made look like the hickory tavern space but  4K seems a lot bigger than that. 
IMG_3964.thumb.jpeg.56656435e4c3c8c6229bce3c6e3de3b0.jpeg
IMG_3965.jpeg.52d3386b42d9ebee0d418ac635234082.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Hmmm, what’s the sqft of hickory tavern space? Article states 4K I think. Only other space facing greenway would be the old west elm maybe?

The post from JT with this particular pic and the giant patio space reference kinda made look like the hickory tavern space but  4K seems a lot bigger than that. 
IMG_3964.thumb.jpeg.56656435e4c3c8c6229bce3c6e3de3b0.jpeg
IMG_3965.jpeg.52d3386b42d9ebee0d418ac635234082.jpeg

See my post above, Bayhaven group filed permits for that space. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, Reverie39 said:

That looks... impressively tall. I wonder what the final height will be. It will do a lot to spread out the high rise density of the urban core. 

I think the Rezoning Approval previously passed for this site (many years ago) was either 285’ or 299’ Max Building Height.  

• Like 4