SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

9 hours ago, Ryan20 said:

Didnt that get approved like a year ago?

FWIW - A friend at work knows the townhouse developer and showed me a Facebook rant on Jan 11 regarding the fact he "finally" closed on the parcel needed for the W Tremont project.  Apparently the rezoning and renderings to the Agenda may have come out before he owned the land.  Couldn't have made it easy negotiating

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:
18 hours ago, Scribe said:

1/4 mile down Hawkins... at intersection of Dunavant and Distribution streets, the lot is up for rezoning from I-2 to TOD-M... 0.891 acres -- anyone know anything about this?

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/001-015/2018-006 application.pdf

I think its C3 Labs expansion. 

It is not C3 Labs, they are in the group of buildings at the other end of Distribution at Remount. 

• Like 1

Historic Southend's email had some news about work on the Railtrail segment behind autobell and the shoe store. Some good images and renderings here:

http://www.charlotterailtrail.org/projects/grove-field

sounds like the Remount-Tremont portion of the trail might be complete when Edens gets finished with Atherton.

There was also discussion of the Southend Pedestrian Corridor Study:

The Charlotte Department of Transportation shared the results of a study about pedestrian traffic on South Tryon and South Boulevard.  Good news: we are getting 8 new signaled pedestrian crossings across South Tryon, 6 new crossings and 2 enhanced crossings on South Boulevard. CDOT will also be adjusting crosswalk timers in South End to be more pedestrian-friendly. Design work is starting now, and construction is likely for 2019.

Link to study:  http://charlottenc.gov/Projects/Pages/SouthBlvdSouthTryonStudy.aspx

• Like 2

ABW has started construction on their beer garden on South Blvd & Kingston. There is a crew tearing up the parking lot where the new patio space will be.

There is also construction fencing up around the Spectrum building. Looks like the facade improvements are actually happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AP3 said:

ABW has started construction on their beer garden on South Blvd & Kingston. There is a crew tearing up the parking lot where the new patio space will be.

weird. Anyone seen plans? Let me see if I can find them.

weird. Anyone seen plans? Let me see if I can find them.

The rezoning was recently approved, but it was just a site plan. Nothing significant to see. I’ve been looking on Accela but haven’t seen anything.

11 minutes ago, AP3 said:

The rezoning was recently approved, but it was just a site plan. Nothing significant to see. I’ve been looking on Accela but haven’t seen anything.

Weird. Yea, NOTHING submitted. How are they tearing up the parking lot. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.06.25 AM.png

5 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I can't recall specifically, but I think a demo permit doesn't go through LD. Or they may just not have a permit for demo... which never happens.

It goes through Code Enforcement. I'm just too lazy to look for permits. Usually adding a patio where a parking lot currently is would require plans submitted. I would think at least.

1 hour ago, uptownliving said:

Kudos to the construction company at the Atherton Mill project! They wrapped their construction trailer to blend in with it's surroundings.

IMG_20180131_144623.jpg

I think that's Publix's trash compactor.  Whatever it is, it's been there for over a year.   But Kudos to them because it used to look like a dumpster. 

• Like 1

it is truly even more incredible  in person...  I work near there and when I point it out to people, they don't believe me and it takes them a while to convince them of what they are looking at.  I think it is either a light rail transformer, or a publix generator.  it is not a compactor.