Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

I get why some wouldn't but I would actually wouldn't mind having alcohol permitted in the park.  I was just in Dallas and Klyde Warren Park was lined up with food trucks and had a walk-up restaurant that offered beer/wine to be taken out onto the park.  Would love to see that at Bearden or better yet, would love to see a Klyde Warren type park over 277 to SouthEnd

Remind me what Sea Level is again

Restaurant on Fifth replacing the old City Tavern. They are putting in a opening right on Fifth so it'll have 5th ave street presence 

The thing uptown really needs: one of the new urban-model Waffle Houses. Judging by the amount of activity at Midnight Diner after the bars close I would say there is certainly demand.(although maybe I am just hungry)

I know of a few of these truly urban places, four in downtown Atlanta and I have seen them in Athens and Chapel Hill. None has any parking and they can fit into old-school "bowling alley" shaped storefronts easily. Venting all that grease might be a challenge...

which part of uptown would gain the most from the 24 hr activity it would bring?

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

The CBJ is reporting this like it's their permanent location. . . 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/08/dimensional-fund-advisors-takes-two-floors-at.html

I thought it was just their temporary space? 

I'm not sure how clear it can get it is just a temporary space?

it specifically says that they're workin with Cousins to build a new building in SouthEnd to be complete by 2018. 

• Like 1

Let's hope their sights are set a little higher than Avid Exchange. 

Its going to be 2.25x larger than Avid XChange (115k) so it better look nicer. Did I ever mention that Avid Xchange has plans for a larger (160k) adjacent building to break down a year or so down the road from the first? So count your lucky stars, you are getting two beastly White Hall Corporate Center-esque buildings in uptown.

Edited by Guest

I noticed the BofA branding has been removed from the street level of the BofA Plaza Building. You may recall there was a huge BofA logo on the side facing Chima. I remember reading there was to be some retail/restaurant development at the street level, but I can't remember if that was referring to the current construction or some potential future development (possibly this?).

Also, still a bit new to this forum so if I posted in the wrong thread I apologize!

I noticed the BofA branding has been removed from the street level of the BofA Plaza Building. You may recall there was a huge BofA logo on the side facing Chima. I remember reading there was to be some retail/restaurant development at the street level, but I can't remember if that was referring to the current construction or some potential future development (possibly this?).

Also, still a bit new to this forum so if I posted in the wrong thread I apologize!

I actually noticed that too. I heard through a source that the Plaza redevelopment was dead in the water, but perhaps I got some misleading information. I hope I did in this case.

Not sure what they are doing but they started to cover the roof of the NASCAR Hall of Fame in green carpet today.

IMG_1038.JPG

This is what I can see from where I'm at.  They started working on this "amenity" deck last week with the wood paneled flooring and tables, I wonder how far out it'll go and if it'll be available to everyone in the building?? Also saw last week they added a Duke Energy Sign as a new tenant building on the corner of Caldwell and Stonewall, maybe they're going to be on this floor.

DSC02941.JPG

Edited by CarolinaCrown

Not Just Coffee is opening a third location at Packard Place in October that will serve light breakfast and lunch.  The owner says it will be a "really sexy spot" that will "push the boundaries of Charlotte's coffee scene" whatever that means.  No mention of hours in the article, but their 7th Street Market location is open seven days a week.  They also have a location at Atherton Mill that is open Monday - Saturday.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article30607386.html

Not Just Coffee is opening a third location at Packard Place in October that will serve light breakfast and lunch.  The owner says it will be a "really sexy spot" that will "push the boundaries of Charlotte's coffee scene" whatever that means.  No mention of hours in the article, but their 7th Street Market location is open seven days a week.  They also have a location at Atherton Mill that is open Monday - Saturday.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article30607386.html

This will do really well here, I wonder where in Packard Place they will go, I feel like both Church St spots are occupied no?