Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Well well, look what we have here. This is posted on the omni by the fountain. The parcel number matches to the Plaza redesign submittal on Accela! This is very exciting. The building permit is for a $460k (building) $440k (suB permit contact) 3880 sq ft renovated area and 1500 new heated outdoor space with occapancy of A2 (restaurant, nightclub, bars) and the project name is Essex. So looks like Essex is FINALLY moving forward.

Also, Grand Bohemian is "waiting for contracts to be signed" and hopefully will be moving full steam ahead in a few months. very exciting here as well

post-29263-0-29795400-1431433488_thumb.j

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 3

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article20749524.html

Amelie's found a new home!! 11k SF in the old College Plaza cafeteria. 24 hours Thursday through Saturday, beer & wine bar, cool decor, opening late fall. Awesome!!

Wow that's a huge space - and having a real kitchen to use as a bakery must be a great opportunity for them (compared to their former spot on Tryon)

The O revised and expanded their article to discuss some of the interior design (sounds promising) and they also added this tidbit:

The location will also include a beer and wine bar,

If I can get a Jambone along with a pint of Jam Session I may never leave.

Hopefully the 24hr operation can be shifted to 7 days after Crescent / WholeFoods / Hotels arrive.

Edited by kermit

Amelie's open 24 hours 3 days week and with a wine/beer bar? Great news.. This is actually so big that elrodvt may even become mildly excited!

Haha. I AM excited by this and Duckworth. I was surprised the Showmar's downstairs couldn't make a go of opening on Saturday! You would think the 3rd ward population explosion has hit but not yet I guess.

• Like 3

Thought people might be interested in some of these photos. Our office is renovating the long-vacant 2nd floor of 112 S Tryon, which is the space above the Suntrust bank. Along one wall you get the trees of Polk Park, the other wall includes the big window onto S Tryon beneath the sandstone arch. 

Back in the day, this was part of the bank that used to be in the building. This floor opened up to the ground floor below (where Suntrust is). Before what was a horrific sprinkler upgrade, this space had some stunning plaster ceilings. 

post-20160-0-47412300-1431527607_thumb.jpost-20160-0-25511300-1431527584_thumb.jpost-20160-0-44357400-1431527731_thumb.jpost-20160-0-20004100-1431528243_thumb.jpost-20160-0-65045400-1431527579_thumb.j

"Photographed by J.J. Abrams"

But yes the report is solid. Especially the Carolina theater project picture :)

Which I should mention is tucked into the back cover.

Didn't see this posted anywhere of the BofA plaza Essex Restaurant.  was posted by the cltdevelopment twitter feed.  Reserving judgment until see in person.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-05-19 at 4.46.29 PM.png

Yeah this was posted over a year ago. I just reminded the CLTdevelopment twitter that it is now under construction. it will be interesting to see what the final design looks like

I think this is pretty cool, looks like the Catalyst is sprucing up their curb appeal

"Install 2 art sculptures with bases on a concrete slab and footing. The smaller sculpture will also have 2 bollards lights in front of it. The larger sculpture will have 2 benches installed along with lights under the benches. Each sculpture will have a set of rope lights at the base of the sculpture. Both of these will be located adjacent to the Catalyst building."