Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

The building at the entrance is being constructed. I don't see how it is big enough for a restaurant.  Are we sure it is suppose to be in this spot?

Absolutely positive.

post-17104-0-21321300-1383234596_thumb.p

Although now that i look at it again, I'm very worried that it won't be open to the street... rude.

post-17104-0-53791100-1383234951_thumb.p

On second observation it clearly opens up to the street. I just don't know how they are going to keep people from sneaking into the game, since there are doors on both sides.

Edited by Guest

^ I think its likely the space will only open into the park on game days and only to the street at other times.

Pretty cool idea actually. I'd love to look down into the baseball stadium while there is no game going on. I wonder if they will play the away games at the restaurant. That'd be pretty cool.

Sod is going in today... Also per the Knights Twitter feed, they said there will be a major announcement tomorrow. Given their idea of "major" versus our idea of "major", I'm guessing we might hear something about the restaurant. 

Hopefully its something actually major. I don't know that a restaurant would be major enough, unless its something cool and local. I gotta hope it'll be the hotel/office portion. 

Hopefully its something actually major. I don't know that a restaurant would be major enough, unless its something cool and local. I gotta hope it'll be the hotel/office portion. 

Like I said, their idea of "major" tends to be a lot different than ours :) It would be nice if it was as about the hotel/office component, but not holding my breath.

Like I said, their idea of "major" tends to be a lot different than ours :) It would be nice if it was as about the hotel/office component, but not holding my breath.

Not holding my breath, I just don't know what other "middling" announcements there are left. Have they named what company will be providing food and beverage yet? My money would be on that as the announcement. Unless it has already been announced.

Maybe they are announcing that they are going to formally upgrade themselves to MLB, lol, just kidding.

Edited by Guest

Not holding my breath, I just don't know what other "middling" announcements there are left. Have they named what company will be providing food and beverage yet? My money would be on that as the announcement. Unless it has already been announced.

Yea, I'm not sure what else is left either. One little tidbit I did see on Twitter last week is that NoDa along with OMB will be serving beer at the stadium. 

and the big announcement is......

a one game playoff between the International League and Pacific Coast league in Charlotte in mid september.

The Knights continue to underwhelm with their PR machine.

I don't consider it to be an underwhelming announcement compared to the name of the restaurant at the ballpark or <insert corporation name> is now a partner. From a national perspective, this is the championship game for AAA baseball. Not of World Series stature by any means, but it's still a game of significance and it will be broadcast on the NBC Sports Network. Baseball junkies from around the country will be tuned in and will get to see the new stadium put on display.

I think we've gotten too hung up on anticipation for the hotel/office component that anything less than that is going to seem underwhelming. Just my two cents...

• Like 2

I have to admit, I hope those lights get positioned sooner than later. It's blinding all the way over to the Gateway area, like a friggin supernova. A good study of just how bright and powerful the lighting for stadiums really is

I walked by yesterday and the lights do appear to be pointed down-ish.  I don't if that means they are in the correct position but if they are I can already hear the complaints that the neighbors are going to have.

Side note - the grass from the webcam looks great!

Edited by vassago
  • Like 1