SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not in CLT now (However I am watching the game... GO PANTHERS!!!*), but I just wanted to post that we might be getting ever closer for Verna to announce some other positive developments. Can't wait to get back to town to see another crane dotting the ever-changing, Charlotte skyline! Can anybody comment on about how high it is (10,12,15, or 20+ strories tall)???

A2

*NOTE---They are only referring to us as Charlotte on TV for a nationaly televised game :) .

I am not in CLT now (However I am watching the game... GO PANTHERS!!!*), but I just wanted to post that we might be getting ever closer for Verna to announce some other positive developments. Can't wait to get back to town to see another crane dotting the ever-changing, Charlotte skyline! Can anybody comment on about how high it is (10,12,15, or 20+ strories tall)???

A2

*NOTE---They are only referring to us as Charlotte on TV for a nationaly televised game :) .

Oh boy, more towers to sit and wait on for three years!

I think they called us Charlotte, NC enough times in the first quarter to get the point across. I notice that in most games, they tend to mention the state a few times in almost every game and then gradually stop mentioning it by the second quarter. Oh, and did anybody get a count on how many times they said "uptown is downtown?"

It's just a matter of economics. A tower crane cost about twice as much per day to rent as a mobile crane, so they will want to do as much as possible with the mobile crane. If the site allows it, then a mobile crane makes sense until it can't effeciently perfrom the tasks.

:) The Park has parking up to I think the 10th floor. We'll basically be seeing parking deck extensions going up for a little while. I know it was just a joke, but it a perfectly reasonable theory is that they're expanding the parking deck and hoping that the construction will sell the rest of the condos.

I personally think they've gotten their shtuff together finally. But they really might just be expanding the parking deck and keeping their fingers crossed.

I'll wait for my crow dinner until the 11th floor :).

:) The Park has parking up to I think the 10th floor. We'll basically be seeing parking deck extensions going up for a little while. I know it was just a joke, but it a perfectly reasonable theory is that they're expanding the parking deck and hoping that the construction will sell the rest of the condos.

I personally think they've gotten their shtuff together finally. But they really might just be expanding the parking deck and keeping their fingers crossed.

I'll wait for my crow dinner until the 11th floor :).

Thx for a wonderful post and a great site.

Per the submitted plans to the city, the parking goes up to the 9th floor, the 10th floor is mechanical and owners storage units. Then condos go up from 11th floor to the 19th floor. 20th floor is the 2 penthouses and rooftop amentities and the 21st floor is the gym. For point of reference, the Mayors 15th floor office in the Gov center will look at The Parks 13th floor, due to the elevation difference??.. Financing is fully funded and in the bank for the full building to be completed without any additional sales required, but I am sure additional sales does helps keep the bank happy.

For all those I offended by my direct postings on this thread, I officially appologize and will comply with the rules. For those who saw my postings as giving factual information on The Park and other a bits and hints on other projects, Your Welcome. For those who will rip me and The Park no matter what... Bouya.. It will have maybe 2 or 3 floors up by the end of this month and continue on a rapid pace. Yes, finally it is going up...

Again, my sincere appologies to all I offended

PS. Trump was in town this Tuesday afternoon, but seems most of the land in Uptown is gone. If he cant find a large enough spot to land, look for a future annoucement in the Big Easy, as they are giving away incentives for people to build down there.. But a NYC mtg may change his mind from being a Hornet before even landing here. We shall see... :ph34r:

Archived