SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need the office and the entertainment before people consider living there. Once people begin to live there, then you get a community. I think all we are missing right now is a nice park downtown.

The plans I have seen show a 3 ac park in 1st ward, one in 3rd ward and a smaller one in 2nd ward. Mixed in with all the retail, condos, commercial ect..

Destination center will be annouced soon...

Back on topic, I think everyone here is cheering for the Park...we're all just a bit skeptical by now...which I think is understandable.

I'm really cheering for it, as it adds housing to a side of downtown that really needs it. Plus, it really beefs up the skyline on that side.

Agree.. Its been a long time for Pete, but its looks better for him everyday.. We shall see..

NVQ -- thanks for all the hints and updates -- there are always different opinions on everything, many don't care what you have brought up, and plenty love it. I am VERY excited about everything you've listed. I'm not sure what precise and perfect mix others might want, but this is a huge start and is very exciting especially when combined with everything else that is already out there or being built.

I love the fact that we are getting high and low end (like the food court styled stuff in Epicenter to balance the handful of ultra expensive steak houses).

Once Epicenter is done, the projects you have listed are done, the NCHOF is done, the African American Cultural Center is done, the museums are done and the lower level retail and restaurant spaces are done in the bottom of the new buildings, there should be a lot for many of different walks to enjoy. Add the park(s), the people living there that will possibly invite friends downtown, and the sporting events, you have quite a new downtown from 10 years ago. And movies, please Epicenter live up to your word and keep the theater!

Every time I go downtown now, day time, week days, weekends, night -- the place is packed. I was down there Sunday mid-morning and there were people everywhere...

NVQ -- thanks for all the hints and updates -- there are always different opinions on everything, many don't care what you have brought up, and plenty love it. I am VERY excited about everything you've listed. I'm not sure what precise and perfect mix others might want, but this is a huge start and is very exciting especially when combined with everything else that is already out there or being built.

I love the fact that we are getting high and low end (like the food court styled stuff in Epicenter to balance the handful of ultra expensive steak houses).

Once Epicenter is done, the projects you have listed are done, the NCHOF is done, the African American Cultural Center is done, the museums are done and the lower level retail and restaurant spaces are done in the bottom of the new buildings, there should be a lot for many of different walks to enjoy. Add the park(s), the people living there that will possibly invite friends downtown, and the sporting events, you have quite a new downtown from 10 years ago. And movies, please Epicenter live up to your word and keep the theater!

Every time I go downtown now, day time, week days, weekends, night -- the place is packed. I was down there Sunday mid-morning and there were people everywhere...

There are 9 people like you for every 10 people out there... Thx for saying what I can say... The Park Condos is going, EpiCentre is on track, BankAmerica has joinged the race with Wachoiva today, more mix of condos, retail, office, commercia blended with parks and community places. Its all new to many and overwhelming to others. Growth is good for Charlotte and its is be managed very well. Go to other cities, like ATL and it is just sad to see. Even Buckhead is starting to decline. So CHarlotte managing it growth, you shall see it grow to be a national city proud of its Uptown and where even the locals would like to go to. Its comes to ecomonics and Charlotte is being shown off as the way to do things right and learn by the mistakes of all the other top 25 cities... Its showtime...

.... Even Buckhead is starting to decline. ....

Well, I am not sure that many would agree with you on that and midtown there is bursting at the seams. There are a lot of things to admire about Atlanta, including its heavy rail subway system, that give it opportunies that are yet to be realized here in Charlotte. I would not be so quick to dismiss what is going on there.

And while we are at it. If these projects that you have passed on rumors about take as long to build as the Park has taken (if it actually is) since it was first announced, I don't see anything dramatic happening anytime soon. Downtown is littered with unbuilt proposals.

Well, I am not sure that many would agree with you on that and midtown there is bursting at the seams. There are a lot of things to admire about Atlanta, including its heavy rail subway system, that give it opportunies that are yet to be realized here in Charlotte. I would not be so quick to dismiss what is going on there.

And while we are at it. If these projects that you have passed on rumors about take as long to build as the Park has taken (if it actually is) since it was first announced, I don't see anything dramatic happening anytime soon. Downtown is littered with unbuilt proposals.

Did not dismiss Atlanta.. Midtown is cool and so is the new Atlantic Station. But national and regional reports show the ATL is in demise as well... Just passing the public info..

Time from annoucement to groundbuilding takes time. Did Wachovia not annouce something in 2000?? or 2002? Then finally are building a billion dollar project? Hmmm... :whistling:

It always starts with proposals, then either becomes reality, postponded or shelved. The Park has has had its issues, but has always been good for charlottes growth no matter what people say. Now, with the crane going and the steel going up, its a good sign. Every city has its project to be picked upon, but this one is finally going up... It is a testimate to Petes staying power and will power. Others would have gone away, but he never did... No matter what people said about him or his project.

People still do not think it will get built... but to them... put down your erector set & abacus and show us what you have done. Hmmm.. Waiting.. Waiting... thought so.. :rofl: Thx for keeping this fair and balanced... :thumbsup:

.....People still do not think it will get built... but to them... put down your erector set & abacus and show us what you have done. Hmmm.. Waiting.. Waiting... thought so.. :rofl: Thx for keeping this fair and balanced... :thumbsup:

In terms of not thinking the Park would be built and the long long amount of time that has passed since it was announced, every single forumer here has expressed doubts about this project. I would not criticize them as you are doing because at least they are here and getting involved in their community via this forum that we provide for them. Without exception I think everyone has expressed doubts have also said they would be happy to be proven wrong. This is especially fair of them, given the untrue facts that have been posted here by Park boosters in the past.

Frankly its your attitude towards others that is not fair and balanced. We have had this problem with you in the past and several times you have said that you will not post here again when called out about this. Yet, here you are again dropping rumors, names and unfortunately insults. Since you have never told any of us what you are doing to get the Park, or for that matter any project in Charlotte built, then you really are on no ground to criticise the rest of us.

I recommend that you refresh yourself with our rules.

Whew. I read through this thread from the beginning, interesting reading, in no small part due to NVQ's involvement in it. NVQ, I notice you post exclusively in this thread with only one exception, but you have stated that you are not affiliated with the Park project. Just curious what your relationship is to this project (in whatever form), since clearly you have a very personal interest in it.

I say this because there is negativity expressed for many other local projects here on UP that you do not personally defend. You also get defensive about the Park project, freely writing as if you have insider knowledge of the project, but when questioned on failed permitting respond with

I don't think NVQ is Pete Verna. His/her writing style isn't like someone 80 years old.

And other than Conformity, I don't think there's much precedent for principals to schmooze on the CLT forum. They prefer to spread the buzz of announcements through the Observer.

I don't think NVQ is Pete Verna. His/her writing style isn't like someone 80 years old.

And other than Conformity, I don't think there's much precedent for principals to schmooze on the CLT forum. They prefer to spread the buzz of announcements through the Observer.

So that's what it is called, a "style"? I was wondering.

Tongue in cheek on both. My guess is for a relative.

Older people have different mannerisms, just like younger ones. For example, here's a quote sent me recently, about something I had for sale: "please keep posted via em on itz status or dropaline"

Definately a young person, under 25.

You just get a sense of these things, if you spend enough time on the Internet(s). :shades:

Written vs. verbal maturity is sometimes vastly different in the same individual, that I have witnessed on the internet and other mediums. Not to mention that one is lazier about hiding their inner selves/feelings and putting their written expression through a filter when on the internet because it is anonymous and faceless. Simple editing as well. You are probably right about NVQ being under 25, but I wouldn't use the word "definite". Unless you are NVQ. :shades:

And what are the "Internet(s)"? Is there more than one? :)

You just get a sense of these things, if you spend enough time on the Internet(s). :shades:

Oh tell me about it. Our trash is littered with posts like this from people that we have banned from this site. :lol: It doesn't take long for us to determine who is going to be a trouble maker. Usually they get there before the 10th post. :alc:

Older people have different mannerisms, just like younger ones. For example, here's a quote sent me recently, about something I had for sale: "please keep posted via em on itz status or dropaline"

Definately a young person, under 25.

We'll just agree to call it "informal," although I think you can differentiate between well-thought-out prose that's informal and other writing that is just plain sloppy and disjointed. The latter usually fails to get the point across and leads me to believe the person is either a child, simple or not rowing with all their oars in the water.

In terms of not thinking the Park would be built and the long long amount of time that has passed since it was announced, every single forumer here has expressed doubts about this project. I would not criticize them as you are doing because at least they are here and getting involved in their community via this forum that we provide for them. Without exception I think everyone has expressed doubts have also said they would be happy to be proven wrong. This is especially fair of them, given the untrue facts that have been posted here by Park boosters in the past.

Frankly its your attitude towards others that is not fair and balanced. We have had this problem with you in the past and several times you have said that you will not post here again when called out about this. Yet, here you are again dropping rumors, names and unfortunately insults. Since you have never told any of us what you are doing to get the Park, or for that matter any project in Charlotte built, then you really are on no ground to criticise the rest of us.

I recommend that you refresh yourself with our rules.

nothing personal M>> The forum is a wonderful tool to talk about The Park and getting involved in the community. However, I reviewed the postings on this thread entirely prior to me posting once. My postings are mild compared to others and many others have posted about The Park in such a negative manner with some information not available to the publc, is confidential and appears to have been gathered while in the performance of trust in a public position with the sole attempt to damage The Park. But everyone has there confindetial sources.

However, this thread for The Park allows its members to quickly post answers or postive rebuttles to what may appear to be potentially very harming information in other members postings (attacks). So this thread works to stop attacks on the project. So this forum does work well. Thats its purpose.. Look at all the knowledge and communication going on in this thread. Its working.. And the rules are being followed to its exact verbage as written and reviewed by council.

Posting of information is based of facts and not rumors. I have not been wrong yet..OK once.. But one cannot control facts that may not become reality, based on the person, the project or economic conditions.

The Park Condos is a project. It may go up as stated and I hope it does. If it does, it will stay on your and a select few others radar. That a good thing so we have someting to talk about. I have posted on other threads when I can, but I guess I keep posting here because there is an underlining message from some to see the demise of The Park and them call me out on being mr positive.

So, we go back and see what happens to The Park.. I will post in other threads when it gets as bad as this.

Mr. Positive

OK guys it is time for A2 to throw down.

1) Park is definately a go. I had an up close and personal tour today with one of the lead dogs on the project.

2) Crane will be on site within 2 weeks of MY post.

3) expect steel to start going up IMMEDIATELY.

4) Expect the announcement of new towers very close to the Park soon.

5) Pete is a swell guy!

I am sooooooo stoked that I about had a coronary today speaking with everyone on the project. Fron the design team to the man on the roof working on the rebar and reinforcements of the deck.

The topping out of the Park will be in less than 9 months from this post date (mark it)

As for other details wish I could share, but just know the Park is FOR REAL and this is FINALLY going up. Permitting is no longer an issue and the sttel will bo one site within days. I saw the base work for the construction crane this afternoon. By the end of the month you will see it in the air.

A2

(this is the A2 seal of approval. I actually am going to meet personally with Pete to send him my warmest regards)

:yahoo:

PS---I also found out about two other towers going up. One office another condo that will be announced within 3-5 months. These towers will definately impress!

A2, you should buy one of the condos in the Park to really put your seal on it. :)

Do you have some $$$ I can borrow? :P

A2

LOL at A2, you got all this info today from different people and all you really had to do is read UP this morning. At least you got more excercise then the rest of us sitting at a computer. :)

Let's just say I got all of the info from the "inside" today. Hard hat and all. I felt Like I was working on the project :P .

As for the other information, I had heard before now, but was really pleased to find it out first hand from Verna.

A2

Archived