SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I might be pretty much erasing my doubt. They just got a ton of building permits approved, including the amenities deck that gives this place its confusing name.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/16423792.htm

I'll put this in another thread (if one exists) if not a quick or easy answer, but was confused by one of the items on the list of permits - "530 E. Trade St., Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond-Charlotte, $11,796,300". Was not aware the Federal Reserve of Richmond was linked or involved with Charlotte. Thought we had one prior to the Civil war, but not after, is this recent news?

• 3 weeks later...

They're almost to the floor number at which I remove all my doubt (I still have 1/4 of a doubt). That is floor 11, the first residential floor.

They had a concrete truck out there today shooting crete to floor 8 and they put up 8 three story steel beams to the base of the 14th floor. :thumbsup:

I noticed today, when I was downtown, they still have not put up a real highrise construction crane at this project. I was under the impression that should have already taken place by now.

THe crane appears to be tall enough to finish the project. It only needs two more 3 story steel beams to top off the 19th floor. Then only minor steel for the 20th & 21st floor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today they started with the supports for floors 13-16 or 14-17, not sure what floor one is. Just to let you guys know one of my family members purchased a unit at the Park back in 2000. I have been doing some market research for him lately and what the following numbers will tell everyone is that the residential market in Charlotte is going bonkers. Here are the facts. The unit that was bought in 2000 was around $280,000. The contract was altered in 2003 and the new selling price was $360,000 (still a great deal). That same unit today is being sold by the developers for $520,000. My family member stands to make nearly $200,000 before the front door is even put on the hinges. Since most projects are finished within 3 years and don't drag on for years and years you don't see this kind of information. I for one had been annoyed and impatient with The Park. Now, it looks like the buyers in 2000 who stuck around are going to make a ton of money. Anyway, as I said at the beginning The Park is progressing.

Archived