SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember inquiring about these nearly 4 years ago. The people I spoke with were very professional, but it was nearly impossible to pin them down on a specific time table.

"We need to sell a few more units and construction will begin immediately thereafter" seemed to be the common refrain the three times I spoke with a salesperson.

I guess for those of us who grew up in Charlotte, The Park was ideal because it offered the view of Uptown we were most accustomed to. Charlotte had always been linear, and there was no reason to believe it would not continue to be so in the future, will of the development occurring in front of view.

Of course, in the past few years, everything is happening on the "other side" of the skyscraper wall, which makes me wonder why anyone would want to live there now when the view is the attraction; The folks in Citadin or The Vue are going to have the best view of the city over the next few decades.

I remember inquiring about these nearly 4 years ago. The people I spoke with were very professional, but it was nearly impossible to pin them down on a specific time table.

"We need to sell a few more units and construction will begin immediately thereafter" seemed to be the common refrain the three times I spoke with a salesperson.

I guess for those of us who grew up in Charlotte, The Park was ideal because it offered the view of Uptown we were most accustomed to. Charlotte had always been linear, and there was no reason to believe it would not continue to be so in the future, will of the development occurring in front of view.

Of course, in the past few years, everything is happening on the "other side" of the skyscraper wall, which makes me wonder why anyone would want to live there now when the view is the attraction; The folks in Citadin or The Vue are going to have the best view of the city over the next few decades.

I'm afraid I don't agree. Plenty is about to happen on the Park's side of the 'skyscraper wall'. If the city plays there cards right, the Park will be situated in the middle of a beautiful stroll district anchored by major venues.

I actually think that the recent momentum on the east side of Tryon is a reason that The Park is back alive. We already know the Courtside brought the project back to life. But I believe that Epicenter, Nascar, LRT, the redesign of Brevard, Brooklyn Village, etc., have started to create some development momentum in 2nd Ward around The Park.

At this point, I'm just anxious to get the Park saga behind us.

• 2 weeks later...

It was really weird acutally. It looked like a mobile crane, except the whole thing was laying down, but most of it was put together. I thought another crane had fallen down, until i saw them adding more pieces on. Pretty tall, but not a tower crane. I didnt see it erected yet, tho.

Interesting. Thanks for posting the info UrbanCharlotte :thumbsup: . I will see it soon enough on Monday when I head to work. I was just curious if Verna was forking out a bit more cash to alot for a tower crane. Too me it makes no difference as long as the building is going up. :)

A2

Interesting. Thanks for posting the info UrbanCharlotte :thumbsup: . I will see it soon enough on Monday when I head to work. I was just curious if Verna was forking out a bit more cash to alot for a tower crane. Too me it makes no difference as long as the building is going up. :)

A2

haha good point. As long as the tower is headed up, who cares what or who is building it? that is, as long as the "cheaper" crane doesn't cause another issue like the first.

It so nice to see a plan come together. It is like the ghost of the passed is here to haunt dxartist for the tombstone. dxartist you can this one out of the grave.

Yep, that is true RiverwoodCLT, the ghost of the "past" I think you meant to say came back to haunt me. Well, I wasn't the only one. Had the nails in the coffin and buried way back when. But the little engine that could proved a lot of us wrong. But in all honesty, I'm actually glad this is going forward.

Hmmm...maybe I'll posting something doesn't get built and POOF!!! the opposite happens from here on

• 3 weeks later...

Archived