Project Skyline

g-man430

This is my first post so excuse me if I do this incorrectly.

I have heard that it is in part related to the redev of the County Square properity. From what I understand the County is moving forward with building (9 - 12 story) on the corner of Church and University, Cobb Tire and the recycle center. Then the remaining properity will be redeveloped.

This comes from very good sources close to the County. Time will tell if it is the truth.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard that it is in part related to the redev of the County Square properity. From what I understand the County is moving forward with building (9 - 12 story) on the corner of Church and University, Cobb Tire and the recycle center. Then the remaining properity will be redeveloped.

I was thinking...when Magnolia Park was first announced they said they were planning and office tower for a corporate HQ and the HQ turned out to be Greenville County. COuld it be in this case the the Corporate HQ again is Greenville County? Considering the rumors that Skyline may be County Square Redevelopment with a new County OFfice Location, maybe they are the HQ and there is no one else.

I was thinking...when Magnolia Park was first announced they said they were planning and office tower for a corporate HQ and the HQ turned out to be Greenville County. COuld it be in this case the the Corporate HQ again is Greenville County? Considering the rumors that Skyline may be County Square Redevelopment with a new County OFfice Location, maybe they are the HQ and there is no one else.

Ah, but considering the amount of investment this supposed "SC company" is planning to make over the next couple of decades, anything related to the County government could be tremendous - far beyond just a new facility. Consider the possibilities such as building and upgrading important infrustructure or enhancing mass transit. The possibilities are virtually endless.

Ah, but considering the amount of investment this supposed "SC company" is planning to make over the next couple of decades, anything related to the County government could be tremendous - far beyond just a new facility. Consider the possibilities such as building and upgrading important infrustructure or enhancing mass transit. The possibilities are virtually endless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the First page of the Business section of the Gville Journal out tonight, it says that Project Skyline is going elsewhere.

This was not in TBA but almosted 'buried' in an article about code-named (Apple, Skyline, Pogo,etc.) development projects.

The same article does mention that Audi is scouting the area, which is the first time I have seen that in print. It also named Rolls, but that has been in print previously.

I wonder if we will ever know what Skyline, was or where it went to. also, did it truly go elsewhere or did it just die out completely.

Since Skyline appears to be over, I hope Audi andor Rolls do land here.

In the First page of the Business section of the Gville Journal out tonight, it says that Project Skyline is going elsewhere.

This was not in TBA but almosted 'buried' in an article about code-named (Apple, Skyline, Pogo,etc.) development projects.

The same article does mention that Audi is scouting the area, which is the first time I have seen that in print. It also named Rolls, but that has been in print previously.

I wonder if we will ever know what Skyline, was or where it went to. also, did it truly go elsewhere or did it just die out completely.

Since Skyline appears to be over, I hope Audi andor Rolls do land here.

• 1 month later...

Project Skyline isn't dead after all:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...AtCiHytCiaiA=

It sounds like they are a long way off from an agreement, which I assume is understandable for an investment of this magnitude. Still, I hope they are serious about making it work and can reach terms that are amenable to everyone involved.

I also think it is interesting that the County Square site is now involved, even though it evidently was not involved when talks got underway.

Thoughts?

Project Skyline isn't dead after all:

<a href="http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...AtCiHytCiaiA=" target="_blank">http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...AtCiHytCiaiA=</a>

It sounds like they are a long way off from an agreement, which I assume is understandable for an investment of this magnitude. Still, I hope they are serious about making it work and can reach terms that are amenable to everyone involved.

I also think it is interesting that the County Square site is now involved, even though it evidently was not involved when talks got underway.

Thoughts?

Archived