Project Skyline

g-man430

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that depends on your vantage point. While the towers don't look all the good up close you really don't notice them that much from a distance and I live close enough to say that. They are quite thin and are not really noticeable from a distance except at night when the lights can be seen and then it doesn't look bad at all. I love seeing the lights flashing on the radio towers as I drive down 25 from Hendersonville back to Greenville.

Just about every time I drive over to visit my brothers in Lake Wylie, I drive back at or just before sunset (which can be a pain in the butt driving west on I-85 ruding sunset, believe me)...and I always pick up Paris Mountain and the towers way off in the distance from a couple of spots along that drive...so they can be seen with the naked eye from a distance, even with eyesight as poor as mine. :lol: And they're pretty ugly from close-up, too, especially if you have the view that Sam and I have from our front poorches.

Greer BMW to build X3 successor

Announcement made today in Munich

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NEWS01/70515006

BMW Manufacturing Co. has been selected to build the possible successor to the X3 sports activity vehicle, the smaller sibling of the X5 SAV already built at the Greer plant.

The facility also builds the Z4 and M roadster and coupe and is on track to build the X6, a sports activity coupe set to be launched next year.

“We will expand the production capacity of our US plant in Spartanburg in the medium term from the current 140,000 to well over 200,000 per annum,” said Norbert Reithofer, chairman of the board of managers of BMW AG.

The thing in the article that got me thinking was -

During the meeting, Reithofer also forecast that the company

I didn't mean to imply they were not noticable but some the scale of a space needle would look a lot worse I'm afraid. I guess radio towers just don't bother me that much. I way I find the towers to be somewhat elegant however I am bothered but the scary looking building you usually see at the base of radio and cell towers. Those things look like little prisons or something. (Maybe I watch too much 24 but I always imagine Jack Bauer in those things torturing someone. I do however tend to like the comforting beacons of those red lights.

Greer plant may get all X3 assembly jobs

Factory may make nearly 300,000 vehicles a year after SUV joins product mix there

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...QgFI2epWfSLE%3D

Hitt said it's a question that BMW Manufacturing planners are currently studying. But he wasn't prepared to say whether it means more workers, a bigger plant or even a new plant on BMW's campus along Interstate 85.

OK - earlier number was 200,000 - now they say maybe 300,000 and possibly a new plant.

Greer plant may get all X3 assembly jobs

Factory may make nearly 300,000 vehicles a year after SUV joins product mix there

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...QgFI2epWfSLE%3D

Hitt said it's a question that BMW Manufacturing planners are currently studying. But he wasn't prepared to say whether it means more workers, a bigger plant or even a new plant on BMW's campus along Interstate 85.

OK - earlier number was 200,000 - now they say maybe 300,000 and possibly a new plant.

No new information to add, but I figured I'd share a dream I had... (Is it a bad sign to be dreaming about economic development?)

Basically, I dreamt that Project Skyline involved the University of Vermont (I have not idea why they came up, as I have no relation to them whatsoever.) announcing that they were going to be building a new university in Greenville that would be an Ivy League school called "University South." It would involve a downtown campus off of Poinsett before you get to the Hollis Gateway and a second campus to be built at Magnolia Park.

Absolute nonsense, but it was fun to think about.

No new information to add, but I figured I'd share a dream I had... (Is it a bad sign to be dreaming about economic development?)

Basically, I dreamt that Project Skyline involved the University of Vermont (I have not idea why they came up, as I have no relation to them whatsoever.) announcing that they were going to be building a new university in Greenville that would be an Ivy League school called "University South." It would involve a downtown campus off of Poinsett before you get to the Hollis Gateway and a second campus to be built at Magnolia Park.

Actually it was a dream so it could have been Poinsett all the way up to the Bi-Lo Center for that matter. :P I always get confused as to where Rutherford turns into Poinsett. Much like Church Street/ Mills Avenue, or Falls/Spring. Either way we kinda get the idea of the location.

Archived