Project Skyline

g-man430

I'm gonna throw a proverbial monkey wrench into the thought process here and go out on a limb. This is kind of in line with the last 2 posts. Didn't this "Project Skyline" come on or about the same time as GE's annual stockholders meeting where their Pres said something along the lines of the green being in Greenville? Since Flour decided to bring their nuclear operations to the Greenville office, maybe GE Energy is trying to compete. they are already here, but they could expand the operations and who knows maybe this is where the "headquarters" comes into play. Regional maybe, the article sometime back did mention the possibility for a "national headquarters". Just a thought.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna throw a proverbial monkey wrench into the thought process here and go out on a limb. This is kind of in line with the last 2 posts. Didn't this "Project Skyline" come on or about the same time as GE's annual stockholders meeting where their Pres said something along the lines of the green being in Greenville? Since Flour decided to bring their nuclear operations to the Greenville office, maybe GE Energy is trying to compete. they are already here, but they could expand the operations and who knows maybe this is where the "headquarters" comes into play. Regional maybe, the article sometime back did mention the possibility for a "national headquarters". Just a thought.

So based on the last few posts, sounds like GE would be unlikely then. The Skyline articles mentioned that the process would go quickly, so maybe we will here more over the next week or two. I think this thread has died simply because there has been no new information to surface.

So is GE HQ'ed in New York or Atlanta? :dontknow:

GE is headquartered in Connecticut I think, but its New York presence at Rockefeller Center is sizable. I don't know the details really, but it has tons of other subsidiary companies that on their own would be massive companies (for example, NBC). gDriver was saying that GE Energy is HQ'ed in Atlanta. So the possibility of a GE subsidiary HQ, or regional HQ might not be out of the question.

GE is headquartered in Connecticut I think, but its New York presence at Rockefeller Center is sizable. I don't know the details really, but it has tons of other subsidiary companies that on their own would be massive companies (for example, NBC). gDriver was saying that GE Energy is HQ'ed in Atlanta. So the possibility of a GE subsidiary HQ, or regional HQ might not be out of the question.

Actually I think this feeling is a result of the speed we have recently witnessed in the city, including: West End Field, RiverPlace, The Fieldhouse at West End, The Bookends, McBee Station, and etc... Since we know how projects can move quickly, the several that are delayed cause us to grow impatient. :whistling:

Greer BMW to build X3 successor

Announcement made today in Munich

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NEWS01/70515006

BMW Manufacturing Co. has been selected to build the possible successor to the X3 sports activity vehicle, the smaller sibling of the X5 SAV already built at the Greer plant.

The facility also builds the Z4 and M roadster and coupe and is on track to build the X6, a sports activity coupe set to be launched next year.

I've had my suspicions about BMW for a good while now, ever since this thing was announced. A little birdie mentioned something to me earlier today about the Rolls Royce bit, and this correlates 100% with something that another birdie told me a couple of weeks ago (and I know the two birdies don't know each other), so I think we may possibly have a winner!!! :yahoo:

I was thinking the "all or nothing" of Skyline could be tied to the expansion of new BMW models. If the new models were going to move here (which according to that article, they are adding 2 new lines and nearly doubling output) - then let's bring the whole operation here - including Rolls-Royce.

But - I have no inside info to go on, just speculation. The only question with this theory is the FLA developer. I want to solve this mystery like you...

Archived