Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

Holy crap, where has this team been? Hogs are putting on a clinic against 19th rank Florida. 46-21 at the half.

That is what I was thinking at half. They ended up playing another really complete game against a ranked team. The final score was 80 to 61, so it was pretty much a blowout the entire game. I hope we can continue playing like this.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I was thinking at half. They ended up playing another really complete game against a ranked team. The final score was 80 to 61, so it was pretty much a blowout the entire game. I hope we can continue playing like this.

Yeah, it certainly keeps the pressure up on Miss St for the lead of the SEC West. Maybe our team is really starting go on all cylinders.

Yeah and right now we have the tie breaker as well. I just hope they can keep up this type of play. We've blown some wins against 'lesser' teams.

Yeah, that loss at home with South Carolina really comes to mind. After 3 straight SEC wins, 2 over ranked teams, maybe we will be able to ourselves ranked again this week.

Yeah, that loss at home with South Carolina really comes to mind. After 3 straight SEC wins, 2 over ranked teams, maybe we will be able to ourselves ranked again this week.

Yeah I wondered about that. But the last polls I saw we didn't even have a single vote. Not sure if those wins will be enough to leap us all the way up to 25th without having a single vote the previous week. But you'd think we should be close.

In other Razorback sports news, I'm still curious to see who are defensive coordinator is going to be. I'm a little surprised nothing has been announced yet.

This game and the MSU game were the most fun I've had watching the Hogs in a long time.

Yeah I think a lot of fans feel that way. I think Pelphrey will get the fans more interested in basketball. Just think once he's been here a while and has his own recruits.

This game and the MSU game were the most fun I've had watching the Hogs in a long time.

Yeah, despite the inconsistencies still, I think those two games were promising. The Florida game kind of showed more promise though. Even though I've been to most of the games this year, I've felt like they have needed to win my love back because they have become tiresome to watch. If they keep playing strong I think I will feel like it happened in the right way: by the middle of the SEC season. This means that Pelphrey was patient to teach and to reach them. I don't think Pelphrey has it all right, but conditioning and discipline have really helped to make them better and not lose leads like years past.

I noticed that against Florida everybody had a time to shine and be the best against their opponent which was what was good about the glory days. Hopefully they can keep it up and the fans can return.

Razorbacks found out today they convinced Joe Adams to sign with Arkansas and spurn So Cal. Overall things went pretty good with recruiting. I think we picked up most of the guys we thought we really had a good shot at.

In other news we have a new DC. Willy Robinson was announced as the new DC today among all the recruiting news. He's spent 12 years in the NFL with the Rams, Saints, 49ers ans Seahawks. He's also spent 18 years at college level coaching as well. I haven't found a lot about him, but he seems to have some experience.

Razorbacks found out today they convinced Joe Adams to sign with Arkansas and spurn So Cal. Overall things went pretty good with recruiting. I think we picked up most of the guys we thought we really had a good shot at.

In other news we have a new DC. Willy Robinson was announced as the new DC today among all the recruiting news. He's spent 12 years in the NFL with the Rams, Saints, 49ers ans Seahawks. He's also spent 18 years at college level coaching as well. I haven't found a lot about him, but he seems to have some experience.

Petrino pulled off a rare feat - he got 10 of the state's top 10 prospects. Funny year - more UA signees from Camden (4) and Warren (4) than LR/NLR (3) or NWA (0).

LR Christian RB Michael Dyer was named the nation's top sophomore by EA Sports. He will be one of the most highly recruited players in the nation over the next two years. Unfortunately, he's an LSU fan.

Robinson has tons of experience but only one as DC, under Erickson at Oregon State when his defense was tops in the Pac-10. Hopefully he can adjust and make it work.

The Razorback basketball team has done it again. They have won their forth straight SEC game against a decent Ole Miss team 75-69. The next game looks to be one of our biggest tests of the season, at Tennessee.

Yeah we had some decent leads in the game although Ole Miss kept coming back to make it more of a game. I'm wondering if this will finally get us ranked. Of course a win over Tennessee would do it. But Tennessee has looked pretty good so far. If the Hogs managed a win over them that tie breaker would help us possibly have the overall lead in the SEC. Although Miss St has played one more conference game than us.

Tomorrow night is the big game against Tennessee. Guess we'll see just how good the Razorbacks have come. In other SEC news, I thought Kentucky was starting to put things together. But they're just getting embarrassed at Vanderbilt. They've only scored 3 baskets. Add some free throws and they've just barely gotten into double digits and it's halftime. 11 points at the half is pretty bad.

Tomorrow night is the big game against Tennessee. Guess we'll see just how good the Razorbacks have come. In other SEC news, I thought Kentucky was starting to put things together. But they're just getting embarrassed at Vanderbilt. They've only scored 3 baskets. Add some free throws and they've just barely gotten into double digits and it's halftime. 11 points at the half is pretty bad.

It was the lowest half time score for Kentucky since the start of the shot clock. I hope they play just as well when they play Arkansas later in the month.

Such an embarrassing loss to Tennessee. We just couldn't stop JaJuan Smith scored 32 points on us. Unstoppable.

Yeah I was hoping we could have at least kept it close like we did in the first half. But Tennessee surged out from halftime and it was pretty much over then. Tennessee is ranked 4th and they did look to be a pretty good team.

Yeah I was hoping we could have at least kept it close like we did in the first half. But Tennessee surged out from halftime and it was pretty much over then. Tennessee is ranked 4th and they did look to be a pretty good team.

We definitely didn't play well, and we were outplayed by Tennessee's plan. However, I was kind of upset about some crucial plays that ended up towards our insurmountable hole. We definitely either played worst at the wrong time (too many fouls and turnovers) or the officiating was a little bit skewed. In the first half as Tennessee went cold we had a spell where we shot the ball only once and had 4 turnovers and a few fouls.

In the second half there were two things I remember: a charging foul on Charles Thomas that got Pelphrey a technical from his reaction (and Thomas could have got one because he was stunned and motioned erratically); and a blocking foul on Beverly which somehow led to a continuation for a three point play. This "continuation included the foul, a 2-step spinaround by the player, and a layup: totally NBA style. It was so ridiculous, and to make it worse they reviewed the play and did NOT overturn it. Also on the replay it almost looked as if Beverly barely touched the guy and flopped. If it was really contact the call couldn't have been anything except a charge.

Sometimes a team plays so badly for a stretch we can't believe they would be capable of committing a foul or a turnover on every play. If I could only remove my bias to make a point. The officiating in the SEC is the worst it has ever been and it has gone both ways. I've noticed terrible continuation calls three times now in the past few games, as well as controversial charging or blocking fouls both ways when it should not have been questionable. I reviewed several on tape afterwards. Now throw in a few elbow-cradle foul calls, in which the elbows were not directed at any player except those who were hugging too close anyway then I am really upset. We have been mobbed for rebounds and in lieu of not calling a foul on the player on the back they call it when we made contact.

We definitely didn't play well, and we were outplayed by Tennessee's plan. However, I was kind of upset about some crucial plays that ended up towards our insurmountable hole. We definitely either played worst at the wrong time (too many fouls and turnovers) or the officiating was a little bit skewed. In the first half as Tennessee went cold we had a spell where we shot the ball only once and had 4 turnovers and a few fouls.

In the second half there were two things I remember: a charging foul on Charles Thomas that got Pelphrey a technical from his reaction (and Thomas could have got one because he was stunned and motioned erratically); and a blocking foul on Beverly which somehow led to a continuation for a three point play. This "continuation included the foul, a 2-step spinaround by the player, and a layup: totally NBA style. It was so ridiculous, and to make it worse they reviewed the play and did NOT overturn it. Also on the replay it almost looked as if Beverly barely touched the guy and flopped. If it was really contact the call couldn't have been anything except a charge.

Sometimes a team plays so badly for a stretch we can't believe they would be capable of committing a foul or a turnover on every play. If I could only remove my bias to make a point. The officiating in the SEC is the worst it has ever been and it has gone both ways. I've noticed terrible continuation calls three times now in the past few games, as well as controversial charging or blocking fouls both ways when it should not have been questionable. I reviewed several on tape afterwards. Now throw in a few elbow-cradle foul calls, in which the elbows were not directed at any player except those who were hugging too close anyway then I am really upset. We have been mobbed for rebounds and in lieu of not calling a foul on the player on the back they call it when we made contact.

I agree about the officiating.

Also, to use the words of Billy Donovan when Florida played Arkansas. We looked like a high school team.

I agree about the officiating.

Also, to use the words of Billy Donovan when Florida played Arkansas. We looked like a high school team.

I think the fact that the officials try hard to be quick with a call and firm about it each time makes it harder for them to be fair. We've come to expect calls immediately and signals to be swift. They should worry more about being right.

One positive thing is that they finally played a really good team (top-tier). They were adequately torched, covered with adversity from bad foul calls, and penalized deeply for many mistakes and mental lapses. Holding it together should be important to them. The biggest mistake is that they seem to overcommit to each offensive penatration, leaving the guy to just go around them with a dribble or a pass. Steven Hill has a bad habit of that when trying to block in any game, but this time everyone seemed to have the problem down in the middle.

Archived