Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

The basketball team won a close one over Alabama in overtime. They're now 2-0 in conference play. It hasn't been real pretty but at least they're still winning.

I'm curious what news we could hear about on Monday. I figure we'll hear more about McFadden and Jones. There's also been rumors that we might hear something out of Mallet as well.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this earlier. I heard something about the football team was going to be playing Tulsa for the 2008 season. Some Tulsa newspaper mentioned it on their website. But aside from there I hadn't heard anyone else say anything. I thought playing again Malzahn might make some news.

It seems as if Ryan Mallett took a visit to UA this weekend and KNWA says that they haven't heard any bad news so far.

Yeah he was visiting. There's a lot of rumors out there saying he's coming and that it might be made public on Monday. Of course if you went by rumors then Tuberville/Grobe/Malzahn would have been the coach. So who knows, but I'm guessing it at least looks like we have a good shot at him. But if he does come then there's a possibility that someone else might leave.

I have not heard any more from this but this morning on ESPN they said that Felix Jones was going to the NFL draft.... :angry: Kind of dissapointing if you are a Razorback fan but I do wish him well.

Yeah no surprises McFadden and Jones are both leaving. What's weird is there's still no official word about Mallet. Even though everyone kept saying he was enrolled and in class today on campus. Maybe they're waiting for the paperwork to be officially completed? The only other thing I could think of is that he's just here taking a few classes this semester until he's totally sure about where he's going. But let's hope he really is going to be a Razorback.

Yeah no surprises McFadden and Jones are both leaving. What's weird is there's still no official word about Mallet. Even though everyone kept saying he was enrolled and in class today on campus. Maybe they're waiting for the paperwork to be officially completed? The only other thing I could think of is that he's just here taking a few classes this semester until he's totally sure about where he's going. But let's hope he really is going to be a Razorback.

So he is not just on campus checking out the university, he is actually getting enrolled? I really hope that this works out, I was pretty sure that he would pick Tennessee over Arkansas becuase of the Michigan-Tennessee coaching connection. I still have not heard anything on ESPN about it.

So he is not just on campus checking out the university, he is actually getting enrolled? I really hope that this works out, I was pretty sure that he would pick Tennessee over Arkansas because of the Michigan-Tennessee coaching connection. I still have not heard anything on ESPN about it.

I think he was interested in Tennessee, but they had hoped they were going to hire a certain assistant coach that was at Michigan. But they ended up getting someone else. As far as him being enrolled, that's what I kept hearing today. I didn't witness it myself, so who knows. But everything I've seen seems to point to that. Just seems odd though that if that's the case why hasn't he announced anything yet.

Okay at least local sources seem to finally be picking up on this. Maybe the delay is because of paperwork and such.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/01/...uafbmallett.txt

Okay national sources are beginning to pick up on it as well.

http://asp.usatoday.com/community/othervoi...mp;tag=football

He's there. A lot of people think he didn't go public yesterday because of McFadden and Jones's press conference.

He's there. A lot of people think he didn't go public yesterday because of McFadden and Jones's press conference.

I suppose that's a possibility. Although I still haven't really seen it picked up by the national media so far today. I wonder if there's still some bureaucratic paperwork that's possibly holding up the announcement. Either way it does appear he will be a Razorback next year.

I suppose that's a possibility. Although I still haven't really seen it picked up by the national media so far today. I wonder if there's still some bureaucratic paperwork that's possibly holding up the announcement. Either way it does appear he will be a Razorback next year.

You nailed it. Paperwork from Michigan hasn't arrived so it can't yet be official.

Unfortunately the Razorbacks lost their first SEC game. It was also at home and not an away game. It was close at the half then early second half South Carolina started building up a lead. We eventually tied it later on in the second half but seemed to be able to get over the hump. Sounded like we played a pretty sloppy game with a lot of turnovers.

Unfortunately the Razorbacks lost their first SEC game. It was also at home and not an away game. It was close at the half then early second half South Carolina started building up a lead. We eventually tied it later on in the second half but seemed to be able to get over the hump. Sounded like we played a pretty sloppy game with a lot of turnovers.

Yeah, first SEC-east team, and a bottom dweller at that.

BTW, saw your post at ESPN on Muschamp. It was weird. I just casually glanced at the comments and saw it. http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3199052

Yeah, first SEC-east team, and a bottom dweller at that.

BTW, saw your post at ESPN on Muschamp. It was weird. I just casually glanced at the comments and saw it. http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3199052

Yeah I thought I'd get around to posting something there. Most times I avoid it though, because trying to discuss something there is a waste of time. But seriously I didn't see how Muschamp 'moved upward' by taking the same position he held at Texas as opposed to Auburn.

By the way it does appear official now with Mallet. Finally got all the paperwork done.

Yeah I thought I'd get around to posting something there. Most times I avoid it though, because trying to discuss something there is a waste of time. But seriously I didn't see how Muschamp 'moved upward' by taking the same position he held at Texas as opposed to Auburn.

By the way it does appear official now with Mallet. Finally got all the paperwork done.

Texas is a promotion. The last coordinator, Gene Chizik, that left AU for Texas ended up getting a head coaching deal out of it (at Iowa St). I think he'll find it easier to get a head coaching job at a Ok State, Baylor, Iowa St, Texas Tech, etc than at schools like Kentucky or Arkansas. The SEC is just so competitive when it comes to hiring head coaches. I don't think he'll be at Texas more than a year or two. Considering we play them, I hope it's only one. I want Bobby P and Mallet to hang fitty on 'em in Fayetteville in '09.

Texas is a promotion. The last coordinator, Gene Chizik, that left AU for Texas ended up getting a head coaching deal out of it (at Iowa St). I think he'll find it easier to get a head coaching job at a Ok State, Baylor, Iowa St, Texas Tech, etc than at schools like Kentucky or Arkansas. The SEC is just so competitive when it comes to hiring head coaches. I don't think he'll be at Texas more than a year or two. Considering we play them, I hope it's only one. I want Bobby P and Mallet to hang fitty on 'em in Fayetteville in '09.

All I'll say is that I think Texas has an easier time to getting to a Natl Championship than an SEC team. I thought it was funny though the people predicting that Muschamp will be at Texas longer than Petrino at Arkansas. Muschamp is pretty well respected and sounds like he was only hours away from becoming head coach at an SEC school. I just can't see him staying at Texas too long.

Looks like we're looking for a new Defensive Coordinator. Ellis Johnson is going to his third college in a month. A really weird situation. The Falcons ended up taking South Carolina's DC. So then Spurrier went after Ellis Johnson. Even though Spurrier had a chance for him earlier and didn't take him.

Arkansas decided to play a little basketball last night at LSU. Although LSU is basically at the bottom of the SEC right now. We did look decent though, we got a 10 point lead in the first few minutes of the game and did not get lazy and give it back up throughout the remainder of the game. Sonny Weems had 19 of 21 total points in the first half, mostly from 3 point shots. Final score was Arkansas 68 and LSU 52.

Arkansas decided to play a little basketball last night at LSU. Although LSU is basically at the bottom of the SEC right now. We did look decent though, we got a 10 point lead in the first few minutes of the game and did not get lazy and give it back up throughout the remainder of the game. Sonny Weems had 19 of 21 total points in the first half, mostly from 3 point shots. Final score was Arkansas 68 and LSU 52.

Yeah although like you said, LSU is probably the worst team in the SEC. But we hadn't been doing too great against some of the others near the bottom though. It was nice to see them hold on to the game. Like you said, they seem to have a tendency to let the other team back into the game. Let's see if they can follow up after this game.

Forgot to mention this because of all the talk of snow. The Razorbacks did win last night over SEC West leading Miss St. Although the Hogs were sloppy at times and Miss St closed the gap a bit, most of the time it was a blow out. Now the Hogs are just a game behind Miss St in the SEC West.

Now, that Jeff Long is now in charge he's been talking about trying to welcome Nolan 'back into the fold' so to speak. Actually acknowledge the Natl Championship he won. Which I say is about time. I realize there was complications because of what happened after Nolan left. But I still think it looked bad on the U of A to not even recognize the players.

Forgot to mention this because of all the talk of snow. The Razorbacks did win last night over SEC West leading Miss St. Although the Hogs were sloppy at times and Miss St closed the gap a bit, most of the time it was a blow out. Now the Hogs are just a game behind Miss St in the SEC West.

It was a much needed win over a ranked team. We have another one coming up today with #20 Florida coming to town. Hopefully we can continue our winning streak and get closer to the 20+ wins that will get us into March Madness.

Archived