Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

Great game! what an unlikely hero- Steven Hill hitting the winning shot. When they got behind by 9 I got up and did something else- couldn't watch. Came back and they were behind by 2. Stuck with to the end after that. With momentum like that they may win tomorrow and even win a few in the NCAA .

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's early but man, Georgia is just taking it to us. It almost seems like we're now going after the three point shots to close the gap and instead are only letting Georgia get a bigger lead. It seems like our only hope at the moment is to get the in foul trouble or hope they wear out in the second half.

Georgia's up 36-26 at the half. At least Arkansas cut it down to 10. Georgia had been up by 19. Weems finally got hot near the end of the first half. Georgia looked like they were wearing down a bit near the end as well. Still Arkansas has got to hope Georgia is going to wear down in the second half. We didn't even get them into foul trouble like everyone else has in the SEC Tournament. maybe Georgia just has a great game plan for us. They beat us by 13 in our previous meeting during the season.

Well this is a painful, frustrating game to watch. Someone remind me which team had to play two games yesterday, one of which went into overtime? Which team had to play an extra game to get to the SEC Championship game? Arkansas just didn't look like they showed up to play. It almost seemed like they just thought Georgia would run out of gas and they could just coast to a win. Nobody on our team looked fired up to play. I was even surprised that Pelphrey seemed somewhat subdued on the sideline. There were some questionable calls that I expected him to get all fired up and maybe even get a technical. I know we put it all on the line against Tennessee yesterday. But I just thought we would have felt we had something to play for. Georgia did look tired at times and went through stretches where they didn't score. Arkansas would on occasion cut the lead down but then would get sloppy on their passes or fall asleep on defense and give up some easy buckets. Then Georgia would just build up the lead again. Anyway Georgia is now in the NCAA Tournament. I think Kentucky is in good enough shape that they won't take their spot. I doubt we'll get lucky enough to get a spot in the Little Rock bracket. I just hope we can get it together again and won't be one and done for the NCAA Tournament.

Hogs ended up with a 9 seed. We'll be playing Indiana over in Raleigh NC. If we happen to win that game we get to play #1 NC in Raleigh, NC.

Indiana is a pretty good team, at least they played well when I watched them. I haven't kept up with them since Sampson was canned. However, they are still a good team and an unfortunate draw for us. They are 25-7 (14-4 Big Ten) with maybe a #20 ranking. Their 8 seed is probably because of losing 3 out of last 4 games. Eric Gordon, their freshman guard, is going to be tough to handle.

Anyways, I really wish we had beaten Georgia yesterday for a better seed or not to have had to play anyone at all. Georgia was the team of the hour this weekend, and Arkansas received little favor for what it had accomplished. I wonder if this affected the spirit of our team. I really hate Georgia. We could have lost to anyone else in the SEC and I would have felt better.

Indiana is a pretty good team, at least they played well when I watched them. I haven't kept up with them since Sampson was canned. However, they are still a good team and an unfortunate draw for us. They are 25-7 (14-4 Big Ten) with maybe a #20 ranking. Their 8 seed is probably because of losing 3 out of last 4 games. Eric Gordon, their freshman guard, is going to be tough to handle.

Anyways, I really wish we had beaten Georgia yesterday for a better seed or not to have had to play anyone at all. Georgia was the team of the hour this weekend, and Arkansas received little favor for what it had accomplished. I wonder if this affected the spirit of our team. I really hate Georgia. We could have lost to anyone else in the SEC and I would have felt better.

Was anyone else dissapointed with the #9 seed? I was kind of expecting a #7 myself even with the SEC championship out come. We are also put into the hardest bracket according to the experts. Even if we win over Indiana, I don't expect much of a chance against North Carolina. I hate to be negative but we can't seem to play well in big games and it will be like a home game for UNC.

I wasn't sure how they would rank us on seeding. I almost wondered if they took into account how badly we looked in the SEC Championship game. Outside of beating Tennessee and Vanderbilt, it wasn't a good weekend for the Hogs. While the baseball Hogs won the first game against Georgia, they blew a huge lead in the second game and then got blown out in the third game. Track team had a bad day on Saturday at the NCAA.

Indiana was a very good team but the whole coaching thing has affected them. They're sorta like us, look really great one game then look pretty bad the next. I guess we'll just have to see which team on both sides shows up.

Yeah, it makes you wonder what Kelvin Sampson was thinking. He had NCAA problems at OU and got into trouble, then goes to Indiana somehow and does the exact same thing again. OU is a great place to coach (football at least) but Indiana is legendary at basketball, is he crazy?

Yeah I agree that our seeding was unfortunate. It would have been better off if we hadn't had to play in the championship game. It would be unfair to erase the progress of the victories of the first two games. Unfortunately by losing to Georgia, we didn't really disspell our eratic team consistency and our ability to play down to our competition.

I can't imagine a worse draw for them. It's about as bad as playing against USC in the first round, a very solid and talented team at the time. This weekend's effort was promising that they would have their senior season filled with good ending memories. If Georgia hadn't become such a fad because of their "miraculous" double-victory on saturday, it wouldn't have mattered as much when losing to them. We looked tired sunday because of our lack of aggressiveness and bad shooting, unfortunately no excuses were plausible because of who we were playing.

I still just pray for one victory in the NCAA tournament. I hope they can put the loss behind as destiny and look forward towards their opportunity. When I say "pray" I really mean it.

Yeah I'm really hoping Indiana will continue to struggle with their new head coach so we can finally get another NCAA win. I know facing NC afterwards isn't going to be any fun. But I'd be pretty happy with finally getting a NCAA win. When was the last time we won in the tournament?

Yeah I'm really hoping Indiana will continue to struggle with their new head coach so we can finally get another NCAA win. I know facing NC afterwards isn't going to be any fun. But I'd be pretty happy with finally getting a NCAA win. When was the last time we won in the tournament?

We made it to the second round in 1998 and 1999, and since then we've had four appearances ending in the first round. From wikipedia:

Year Result

1941 National Semifinals

1945 National Semifinals

1949 Regional Third Place

1958 Regional Fourth Place

1977 First Round

1978 Third Place

1979 Elite Eight

1980 First Round

1981 Sweet Sixteen

1982 Second Round

1983 Sweet Sixteen

1984 Second Round

1985 Second Round

1988 First Round

1989 Second Round

1990 National Semifinals

1991 Elite Eight

1992 Second Round

1993 Sweet Sixteen

1994 National Champion

1995 National Runner Up

1996 Sweet Sixteen

1998 Second Round

1999 Second Round

2000 First Round

2001 First Round

2006 First Round

2007 First Round

We made it to the second round in 1998 and 1999, and since then we've had four appearances ending in the first round. From wikipedia:

Year Result

1941 National Semifinals

1945 National Semifinals

1949 Regional Third Place

1958 Regional Fourth Place

1977 First Round

1978 Third Place

1979 Elite Eight

1980 First Round

1981 Sweet Sixteen

1982 Second Round

1983 Sweet Sixteen

1984 Second Round

1985 Second Round

1988 First Round

1989 Second Round

1990 National Semifinals

1991 Elite Eight

1992 Second Round

1993 Sweet Sixteen

1994 National Champion

1995 National Runner Up

1996 Sweet Sixteen

1998 Second Round

1999 Second Round

2000 First Round

2001 First Round

2006 First Round

2007 First Round

Thanks for the info. I guess I could have just looked it up. I knew it had been a while but it's getting close to a decade since we've won an NCAA Tournament game.

Thanks for the info. I guess I could have just looked it up. I knew it had been a while but it's getting close to a decade since we've won an NCAA Tournament game.

I had to verify my memory from wikipedia and ended up feeling like I should just paste it in. Wow! you're right it has almost been a decade. I didn't think of it like that.

Sorry a little off topic here. Looks like Brady, the ex-LSU coach is heading to Arkansas State. I wouldn't have really expected it. I'm sure it's a good move for them. But I never cared a lot for Brady. If they had managed to get Nolan I admit I would have started following them a lot more. Either way I'm not quite sure why things fell apart they way they did for Brady at LSU. I also got the impression his firing had a little more to do than just his winning record.

Sorry a little off topic here. Looks like Brady, the ex-LSU coach is heading to Arkansas State. I wouldn't have really expected it. I'm sure it's a good move for them. But I never cared a lot for Brady. If they had managed to get Nolan I admit I would have started following them a lot more. Either way I'm not quite sure why things fell apart they way they did for Brady at LSU. I also got the impression his firing had a little more to do than just his winning record.

I was never impressed with Brady, and it must have been frustrating to be an LSU fan with him. I think they were really lucky to reach the Final Four, and he was lucky to have immense talent that Baton Rouge provided at the time.

Well so far the SEC is 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament. Granted both Georgia and Kentucky were underdogs. I didn't get to see the game but sounded like Georgia came out pretty good. But it sounds like they eventually faded late in the second half.

Not looking too great for the SEC in the NCAA Tournament. Tennessee did win earlier but it wasn't too impressive. They didn't pull away till the end of the game. Vanderbilt and Miss St have double digit deficits on the second halves of their games.

Arkansas up by 7 at the half. Although Indiana's top scorer got a couple of fouls and sat on the bench quite a bit. So I don't think it's time to get too excited. Miss St ended up pulling out a win. If Arkansas can manage a win at least that would make the SEC 3-3.

I guess I'm the eternal (and maybe naive) optimist- if the Hogs manage to win this one and meet UNC who's to say that couldn't win that one? They beat TN. who beat Memphis who was #1 at the time. That's what I like about sports- never can tell who will come out on top until the game is played. Go Hogs!

I guess I'm the eternal (and maybe naive) optimist- if the Hogs manage to win this one and meet UNC who's to say that couldn't win that one? They beat TN. who beat Memphis who was #1 at the time. That's what I like about sports- never can tell who will come out on top until the game is played. Go Hogs!

I hope you're right. :D We did beat Indiana. They made some runs early in the second half but later on Arkansas pretty much held on to a comfortable lead. So we finally won an NCAA game. I've heard some people say they think we match up well against NC. I hope so, but I don't know if I'm too confident on that game. I think most people consider NC the #1 team and we're playing them on a court that's only about 30 miles away from their campus. It's not going to be easy, I just hope they don't let up after they do after big games. If they're on their game it might be interesting to see how they match up against NC.

I hope you're right. :D We did beat Indiana. They made some runs early in the second half but later on Arkansas pretty much held on to a comfortable lead. So we finally won an NCAA game. I've heard some people say they think we match up well against NC. I hope so, but I don't know if I'm too confident on that game. I think most people consider NC the #1 team and we're playing them on a court that's only about 30 miles away from their campus. It's not going to be easy, I just hope they don't let up after they do after big games. If they're on their game it might be interesting to see how they match up against NC.

UNC will be a true road game for us again, and we never do well. I hope just for once we can play like a good team should on the road. UNC has been said to be weak on defense and strong on offense, but one thing I've noticed about them is that their conference was actually fairly weak this year. So in my mind they're very beatable, but it will be tough. One thing setting them apart is that they scored 113 today, while no one else can touch that kind of output this week yet.

UNC will be a true road game for us again, and we never do well. I hope just for once we can play like a good team should on the road. UNC has been said to be weak on defense and strong on offense, but one thing I've noticed about them is that their conference was actually fairly weak this year. So in my mind they're very beatable, but it will be tough. One thing setting them apart is that they scored 113 today, while no one else can touch that kind of output this week yet.

Weak yeah right. The ACC dominated the Big Ten again this year in the challenge. Also the ACC played the hardest schedule of all conferences. By the time a team gets to March they are so beat up from playing each other that what worked early in the season doesn't work now because of injuries and fatigue. UNC defense is a lot better than you think. One man holds the key to UNC and the title and that is Ellington. If he continues to average 15-17 points then the pressure is off Pyscho T. If not then look for teams to collapse the middle. I followed SEC basketball and thought that UT was overrated and in reality the Hogs were underrated as a tough team to play. Oh yeah the Dookies lost haaaaaaaaa choke artist...I luv it. #2 seed my a@#. Anyway look forward to a good game. This may actually be the toughest game the Heels play. Everybody has looked past you guys but Roy hasn't...Cheers mate!!!!

Weak yeah right. The ACC dominated the Big Ten again this year in the challenge. Also the ACC played the hardest schedule of all conferences. By the time a team gets to March they are so beat up from playing each other that what worked early in the season doesn't work now because of injuries and fatigue. UNC defense is a lot better than you think. One man holds the key to UNC and the title and that is Ellington. If he continues to average 15-17 points then the pressure is off Pyscho T. If not then look for teams to collapse the middle. I followed SEC basketball and thought that UT was overrated and in reality the Hogs were underrated as a tough team to play. Oh yeah the Dookies lost haaaaaaaaa choke artist...I luv it. #2 seed my a@#. Anyway look forward to a good game. This may actually be the toughest game the Heels play. Everybody has looked past you guys but Roy hasn't...Cheers mate!!!!

I'm sure it will be a good game, most likely for UNC fans though. One thing about college basketball though, everyone is overrated until the last team is standing. Then you can hear all of the players ranting about how no one respected them and it feels good to prove their critics wrong.

I personally say that the ACC has been weak this year (beating Big 10 opponents doesn't add too much to their strength) because of their overall standings.

TEAM CON GB OVR

North Carolina #1 14-2 - 33-2

Duke #9 13-3 1 28-6

Clemson #22 10-6 4 24-10

Virginia Tech 9-7 5 20-13

Miami (FL) 8-8 6 23-10

Maryland 8-8 6 19-15

Wake Forest 7-9 7 17-13

Florida State 7-9 7 19-15

Georgia Tech 7-9 7 15-17

Virginia 5-11 9 16-15

North Carolina State 4-12 10 15-16

Boston College 4-12 10 14-17

It was a very unbalanced conference, and it seems only 4 teams made it to the tourney. The top 5 only had good records. UNC is definitely strong, because otherwise they wouldn't have dominated this year like they did. I'm not comparing with the SEC because no one would say the SEC is strong this year.

Yeah overall I don't think the ACC was real strong this year either. No insult intended, as has been pointed out the SEC certainly hasn't had a great year. Just seemed to me overall the Big East and Pac 10 were a little better. Well NC is certainly showing that they're the #1 team. They've looked very strong early in the game. Seems like they've hardly missed any shots while Arkansas has started pretty cold. Makes me worried that even if Arkansas finally gets going they'll have too big of a hole to climb out of.

Archived