Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice sports thread! Very active. I was hoping Darren McFadden was O.K. to play in the Cotton Bowl. We SEC brethren have to stick together!

I am happy to see the SEC is 2-0! After playing against the nation's Top RB(McFadden); Mississippi State was battle tested to play UCF's Kevin Smith! Glad Alabama hung on last night! As much as I dislike Auburn, I hope they beat Clemson tonight!

Petrino now has a DC. He hired Ellis Johnson from Mississippi State. Before that he was the head coach at the Citadel and DC at Alabama and Clemson. He's a great hire.

Thanks for the update. I hadn't heard about that yet. Now that we're getting closer to the bowl game and Petrino actually taking over sounds like more news about the coaching staff is coming out.

Nice sports thread! Very active. I was hoping Darren McFadden was O.K. to play in the Cotton Bowl. We SEC brethren have to stick together!

I am happy to see the SEC is 2-0! After playing against the nation's Top RB(McFadden); Mississippi State was battle tested to play UCF's Kevin Smith! Glad Alabama hung on last night! As much as I dislike Auburn, I hope they beat Clemson tonight!

Yeah last I've heard McFadden is expected to play. Yeah this topic has been active but some of it has because of all the drama that's gone on with out athletic dept this year. But yeah even though there's some SEC teams I don't really care for I still think you have to root for them during the bowl season. Because revenue is shared everyone winning means more money for all the teams. Of course it also makes the SEC look better if everyone wins. Helps to remind everyone outside of SEC country that the SEC is the top conference in the nation. :D

Petrino has picked up another quality assistant coach.

NU offensive coordinator heads to Arkansas

Northwestern Offensive Coordinator and QB coach Garrick McGee.

McGee, a former quarterback at Okahoma, had stops as wide receivers coach at Northern Iowa, Toledo and UNLV before coming to Northwestern in a similar capacity in 2003. After Mike Dunbar

Things not looking good at the Cotton Bowl. 21-0 early in the third. All we've managed is two missed field goals. I just don't know if we can play catchup to Missouri even though it's early in the second half. Saw a stat, so far all teams with new or interim coaches have lost their bowls games and we seem to be heading that direction. Tennessee is up on Wisconsin 21-17 at the Outback Bowl. Florida and Michigan 7-7 in the 1st.

Things not looking good at the Cotton Bowl. 21-0 early in the third. All we've managed is two missed field goals. I just don't know if we can play catchup to Missouri even though it's early in the second half. Saw a stat, so far all teams with new or interim coaches have lost their bowls games and we seem to be heading that direction. Tennessee is up on Wisconsin 21-17 at the Outback Bowl. Florida and Michigan 7-7 in the 1st.

38-7 final and it looked worse than that. The Hogs that played Tenn. showed up instead of the ones that played LSU. Every time it looked like they were going to get it going they self-destructed. The missed field goal on the first drive set the tone for the entire game. And whoever called that timeout (you know which one!) should have to run 40 yd sprints for a hour non-stop.

Can't wait for next year- might be better than anyone expects.

38-7 final and it looked worse than that. The Hogs that played Tenn. showed up instead of the ones that played LSU. Every time it looked like they were going to get it going they self-destructed. The missed field goal on the first drive set the tone for the entire game. And whoever called that timeout (you know which one!) should have to run 40 yd sprints for a hour non-stop.

Can't wait for next year- might be better than anyone expects.

Yeah I know having an interim coach and such didn't help matters. But I think everyone still expected Arkansas to make a better showing than that.

Yeah I know having an interim coach and such didn't help matters. But I think everyone still expected Arkansas to make a better showing than that.

I definitely expected better. Yeah, all the coaching stuff could have been a factor but our Hogs just plain got dismantled. Great blocking by the Miz O-line. Hat's off to the neighbors up the street...

Well we weren't the only SEC team to lose. Florida lost to Michigan as well, which really surprised me. But at least Florida had a respectable showing unlike us. Guess it makes me even more curious to see what Petrino can do here.

The SEC ended up going 7-2 in the bowls with LSU winning the national Championship last night. I don't think last night's game was quite as bad as last year's 41-14 Florida-Ohio St game. But it wasn't pretty for Ohio St last night either. While some might argue about how LSU leapfrogged teams to get to the NC, I think it's a lot harder for people to argue the SEC isn't the top conference. Unfortunately the only games I can think of that doesn't help that argument are three blowout victories. All coming out of Arkansas' games.

The Lady Razorback basketball team is off to a record breaking season. They finished the non-conference season undefeated at 15-0- the first time in school history that has happened. Coach Tom Collen has lead the team to a #20 ranking and they beat a very good Texas Tech team easily last Saturday. The SEC Conference season starts Thursday night at 7pm at Bud Walton Arena against #11 LSU. It should be a good game and a real challenge for the Lady'Backs as conference play in the SEC is at a whole different level. GO HOGS!

The Lady Razorback basketball team is off to a record breaking season. They finished the non-conference season undefeated at 15-0- the first time in school history that has happened. Coach Tom Collen has lead the team to a #20 ranking and they beat a very good Texas Tech team easily last Saturday. The SEC Conference season starts Thursday night at 7pm at Bud Walton Arena against #11 LSU. It should be a good game and a real challenge for the Lady'Backs as conference play in the SEC is at a whole different level. GO HOGS!

Yeah, I'm just curious to see how they do in SEC play. That usually seems to be the problem. I'm curious to see what will happen on the men's side as well. But it looks like the SEC is having a down year on the men's side. Vanderbilt and Tennessee have done well out of conference, but I'm not sure if they played any good teams. I don't think I've seen an SEC victory over a 'good' team from one of the major basketball conferences.

I was a little surprised to hear White is stepping down. Not directly related to the Razorback athletics. But you wonder if all the drama going on had something to do with it. He was getting mentioned a bit during some of the drama that was going on.

In other news Mallet is leaving Michigan. There are other schools involved but it sounds like Arkansas is an option for him. he had been interested in Arkansas till Mustain announced he was coming.

In other news Mallet is leaving Michigan. There are other schools involved but it sounds like Arkansas is an option for him. he had been interested in Arkansas till Mustain announced he was coming.

Yeah, they mentioned it on ESPN that he has interest in Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and UCLA I think. I would be a good match for Patrino. Hopefully this will work out in Arkansas' favor for once but he has some coaching ties at Tennessee. So that is the most likely place he will go.

A real shame if true. I think at first people wondered before the 2006 season because he hurt his toe in a fight. But after hearing more details people overlooked it. There's a good chance his days with the Razorbacks are over. But you still hate to see him get in trouble like this. Makes me wonder what will happen when he gets into the NFL.

A real shame if true. I think at first people wondered before the 2006 season because he hurt his toe in a fight. But after hearing more details people overlooked it. There's a good chance his days with the Razorbacks are over. But you still hate to see him get in trouble like this. Makes me wonder what will happen when he gets into the NFL.

Here's a more in-depth article from Fox sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7659740?MSNHPHMA

At this point, I'm mainly concerned about him hurting his potential draft position and looking like just another overly paid football hooligan. I don't think little stuff like would cause a team to pass up a player but you never know. But there's been a few minor things lately and his mom keeps stepping in to explain things away. It's that, where there's smoke there's fire thing.

I was checking the SEC standings on ESPN.com when I saw something odd. Apparently the SEC has a new team, they have Louisiana-Monroe listed as an SEC West team for the 2007-2008 season. :lol:

Not very new news but since I'm on the subject of basketball I thought I'd mention it. The LadyBack basketball team had a bad week. After starting the season so well, they went into their first SEC game and lost. Not only was it not particularly close, it also looks like they've lost probably their best player for the season.

I guess it's still not quite official, but to no one's surprise it does look like McFadden is leaving for the NFL. Still no word on Felix Jones. I think everyone has to declare their intentions in several days so I guess we don't have too much longer to find out.

I was a little surprised to hear White is stepping down. Not directly related to the Razorback athletics. But you wonder if all the drama going on had something to do with it. He was getting mentioned a bit during some of the drama that was going on.

I think we get Mallet.

A lot of people weren't excited about the way Nutt left or the way he got a huge payout to prevent "golden handcuffs". I know I wasn't.

Publicly, though, nobody will ever say that's why he stepped down.

I was checking the SEC standings on ESPN.com when I saw something odd. Apparently the SEC has a new team, they have Louisiana-Monroe listed as an SEC West team for the 2007-2008 season. :lol:

Not very new news but since I'm on the subject of basketball I thought I'd mention it. The LadyBack basketball team had a bad week. After starting the season so well, they went into their first SEC game and lost. Not only was it not particularly close, it also looks like they've lost probably their best player for the season.

I guess it's still not quite official, but to no one's surprise it does look like McFadden is leaving for the NFL. Still no word on Felix Jones. I think everyone has to declare their intentions in several days so I guess we don't have too much longer to find out.

Yeah, the Lady'Backs' Lauren Ervin tore her ACL with less than 5 minutes left in the game against LSU. She has been the centerpiece of the team and is a senior. The team had a tough first half against a very good LSU team of mostly seniors but had been playing them even in the second half. It could make for a much less successful conference season but I see good things ahead with new coach Tom Collen.

I would love to see Felix Jones come back but it would be surprising if he did. Running backs take such punishment that their careers at the next level are limited, so he should probably cash in while he can.

Well sounds like the press jumped the gun on McFadden. Although I think we'd all be shocked if he stayed. I could maybe see Felix Jones staying another year. He's a great running back but he's been in McFadden's shadow. There is the risk of injury, but I think if he had one more year he could show just how good he is and improve where he went in the draft. I'm not sure where he's projected to go. But even if he still decided to leave now I don't think anyone could blame him. Like zman said, running backs do tend to have a 'limited shelf life'.

Archived