Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

I'm getting the feeling from ESPN that they're pushing or expecting Tebow to win the Heisman. The thing going against Tebow is he sophomore status, but he has garnered many headlines on ESPN.com lately and is picked by some analysts on tv. Whenever McFadden has received an award or when they announced the Heisman finalists they left McFadden off the headlines or put him in like the second page. In

yeah, I think Tebow will get it because he matched McFadden's heroics in each of the two's last games. If Tebow had had a bad game McFadden would have been the favorite. That and the fact that Florida is a bigger name in college football than Arkansas makes Tebow the close winner.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more big names are coming out now for the next coach. Norm Chow (Tenn Titans) and Bobby Patrino (ATL Falcons head coach) have both expressed some interest in the job. As well as Cinci coach Brian Kelly and Will Muschamp of Auburn. The players are getting behind Reggie Herring for now. They seem to like him quite a bit, so I still think he could be the next coach. What does everyone think of these new possibilities? And what ever happened to Lane Kiffen?

Yeah I've been hearing some of those other names. I think with Kiffen either he wasn't interested or they simply couldn't work with his contract. I think they may have had to wait till the end of the NFL season and the U of A didn't want to wait that long to hire a coach. But that's just some impressions I've gotten.

I'm getting the feeling from ESPN that they're pushing or expecting Tebow to win the Heisman. The thing going against Tebow is he sophomore status, but he has garnered many headlines on ESPN.com lately and is picked by some analysts on tv. Whenever McFadden has received an award or when they announced the Heisman finalists they left McFadden off the headlines or put him in like the second page. In

Yeah it does seem many on there seem to be pushing for him. I certainly hope McFadden wins but at this point I sorta expect it to be Tebow. But I think it's still close enough that McFadden still has a shot though.

Yeah it does seem many on there seem to be pushing for him. I certainly hope McFadden wins but at this point I sorta expect it to be Tebow. But I think it's still close enough that McFadden still has a shot though.

Considering how the Heisman seems to curse a player's pro career, should we even hope for him to win it???? LOL

Considering how the Heisman seems to curse a player's pro career, should we even hope for him to win it???? LOL

True, I admit that has occurred to me as well. But still with him being so close to potentially winning it it's hard not to hope and root for him. I think he'll do okay either way. :D

D-McFadden lost the Heisman vote to Tim "perfect name for a southern football crowd" Tebow.

Yeah, I was afraid that was going to happen. McFadden becomes the first person in around 60 years to finish second in the Heisman voting in consecutive years.

Well I think we can all take this with a grain of salt. But seems like a lot of people are saying Petrino is leaving the Atlanta Falcons and coming to Arkansas to be head coach. I know Petrino did well at Louisville but I guess I've been a little concerned about some of the athletes he has recruited in the past. The type that tend to make headlines off the field. Maybe that's not a fair assessment but it's the impression I've sorta gotten. I had started leaning to Will Muschamp. Either way I'll have to see more before I assume that this is true. Sounds like some have been drawing this out because everyone keeps waiting to see if Miles could be leaving LSU. There have been persistent rumors about Michigan still going after him. Miles recently denied going anywhere again so that might have helped make some candidates make up their mind. Anyway we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm assuming more news will be coming out soon.

Well I think we can all take this with a grain of salt. But seems like a lot of people are saying Petrino is leaving the Atlanta Falcons and coming to Arkansas to be head coach. I know Petrino did well at Louisville but I guess I've been a little concerned about some of the athletes he has recruited in the past. The type that tend to make headlines off the field. Maybe that's not a fair assessment but it's the impression I've sorta gotten. I had started leaning to Will Muschamp. Either way I'll have to see more before I assume that this is true. Sounds like some have been drawing this out because everyone keeps waiting to see if Miles could be leaving LSU. There have been persistent rumors about Michigan still going after him. Miles recently denied going anywhere again so that might have helped make some candidates make up their mind. Anyway we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm assuming more news will be coming out soon.

Mith, if this is true:

- COOL. He was the one I had hoped for (and I'd take him, frankly, over some of those other college head football coaches).

- I didn't think his U of L teams did that many bad antics compared to some (but I'm sure someone's got some links here if the truth is otherwise)...they WERE quite talented - certainly last year's Louisville team with him at the helm was stronger than this year's version. I thought Petrino was fairly well thought of.

- Weird to think that the (possibly) new Arkansas football coach and I have something in common - if it happens, he'll have moved to NWA from Flowery Branch, GA where he worked for 1 year. My family and I moved here from Flowery Branch, GA where we lived for 10 1/2 years.

(Seems like someone elsewhere's saying RICK Petrino was leaving his job to coach the Hogs. If so I'll bet that caused a few momentary doubletakes. :lol: )

ESPN radio is reporting the same info. I'm excited to see what he can do.

This one looks mighty official:

(Front page of Gainesville (GA) Times, county seat of Hall County where Flowery Branch is: "Petrino leaves for Hogs".

Mith, perhaps it's about time to start a "Bobby Petrino" thread...I almost did but wasn't sure if it was appropriate. You're hearing some things about how he and the Falcons got along, and I'm not sure what to make of them.

It's a pity this was such a horrid year (mainly off the field) for that team...funny thing. Flowery Branch High School and the U of A's Don Reynolds stadium each have the two nicest looking, nestled-among-the-green-hills football stadiums I've ever seen. (FBHS's is atop a promontory called "Hog Mountain" interestingly enough...the school is less than a mile from the Falcons home offices and training camp right by the "mountain's" base.)

Well I wasn't sure but I had 'heard' some talk of him going after 'troubled' kids while he was at Louisville. But I admit after looking more into it I really haven't seen much evidence. So any worries that we'll be changed into 'Thug U' are probably unwarranted. It sounds like the real thing that Razorback fans need to worry about is keeping Petrino here. While he was at Louisville every year he tried moving on to other coaching jobs. The good news, he's been trying to get into the SEC for a while now. It's also not too likely he'll go back to the NFL, at least not for a long while. That doesn't mean he still won't leave at some point, but maybe he won't be looking to leave as much as he was at Louisville. If a job like Florida or LSU comes available then he'll probably go for it. I suppose he could also go for a job at another 'big program' outside the SEC. But he did pick Arkansas over Michigan, so I really do think he wanted to get into the SEC. Anyway I don't mean this in a negative way. He brings a lot of potential. I think his style of game will be exciting for Razorback fans. He might even be able to turn things around faster if we had gone with an unproven assistant coach. But I guess we also shouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't stay for a long time. But I'm hoping he will maybe help us up to a higher level before he does.

Anybody gotten a telemarketing call from Clint frackin Stoerner? He's pushing some game of Razorback has-beens.

I would've considered going to such a thing but I'm gonna purposely avoid it since they don't see fit to honor the do not call list.

I haven't gotten a call, but I have heard of other people that have, and as you have said people on the do not call list. The other people who have had this happen to them felt the same as you, might have been interested in supporting this new team but aren't now. The AAFL is a league that is trying to focus on states without pro teams but have strong support for college football. They picked Little Rock for our area.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard very little about this in the NWA media but I heard from some relatives it was big news yesterday with the Little Rock media. If rumors are true McFadden may not be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Apparently the rumor is that an agent bought a vehicle for his mother. I imagine we'll hear more about this before the Cotton Bowl on Jan 1st.

I've heard very little about this in the NWA media but I heard from some relatives it was big news yesterday with the Little Rock media. If rumors are true McFadden may not be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Apparently the rumor is that an agent bought a vehicle for his mother. I imagine we'll hear more about this before the Cotton Bowl on Jan 1st.

What I read was that an agent (who does not represent Darren) went to the dealer to help him negotiate the purchase. However Mini (Darren's mom) says no one has bought any vehicle and that Darren got a loaner to drive to Dallas to see if he liked it. The agent and Mini both deny he was present at the dealer when Darren got it as a loaner. The conspiracy theorist in me says the someone with some Misery ties has raised a stink about nothing to actually give those Big 12 chumps a chance at winning.

KNWA screwed this up and both they and KARK had to retract it. McFadden was driving his stepmother's Escalade she recently bought out of an auto insurance settlement. They thought it would be nice to let him drive to Dallas in it. The Conley stuff was all made up, just not at all true. Conley can't even serve as an NFL agent, he doesn't meet the requirements.

KNWA screwed this up and both they and KARK had to retract it. McFadden was driving his stepmother's Escalade she recently bought out of an auto insurance settlement. They thought it would be nice to let him drive to Dallas in it. The Conley stuff was all made up, just not at all true. Conley can't even serve as an NFL agent, he doesn't meet the requirements.

Yeah I just saw the apology on the internet. I guess KNWA reported this up here but I somehow missed it.

Yeah I just saw the apology on the internet. I guess KNWA reported this up here but I somehow missed it.

I read about this in the paper and it gave me a scare. The last thing Arkansas needs is to lose McFadden against an amazing Mizzou team that should probably be playing in a major BCS bowl.

The SEC is 1-0 so far in the bowl games. Miss St won their bowl game yesterday. I got the impression some people outside the SEC were a little surprised. Honestly I think Arkansas will have the hardest time winning their bowl game. I pretty much expect the other SEC teams to win their games. I think the SEC got good matchups with Arkansas having one of the more difficult. Guess it depends on which Razorback team shows up. If the team goes into it like the LSU game I think we should pull it out. Use our running game to control the flow of the game and try to keep the ball from their offense.

Archived